Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: David Wright (career mega stats)

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    David Wright (career mega stats)

    David Wright grew up as a Mets fan and many consider him to be the "face of the organization" (besides, alot of 3 yr. olds want to wear his t-shirt)

    Career BA with bases loaded - .239
    Batting avg. this season with bases loaded - .195
    Career BA with men in scoring position - .248
    This would indicate he presses - badly
    This would indicate batting instructors have no influence on David

    Batting vs. Atlanta 2010 - 3 for 46
    Batting vs. Atlanta career - .225
    Atlanta being the Mets main opponent most years

    Most consecutive weeks batting 0ver .300 for that span - 11
    Most consecutive weeks since his beaning batting over .300 - 4 (June 2010)
    The beaning had no affect at all obviously

    % of HR's with no runners on base - 80%
    % of HR's at home - 35%(lowest in MLB with batters having over 100 HR's)
    Indicating once again that he presses way too much, year after year

    Leadership - none
    He doesnt get in the faces of team members who mess up in the least
    He doesnt talk to ownership about how to make the team better
    He will never take himself out of the line-up even when his avg. is plumetting

    Met for life - GUARANTEED (a fine young man/teen)

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    SchroyWinsChampionships48

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know who starts better threads you or Tucker...

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Escondido, Ca
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like
    The truth hurts, but not as much as being a Mets fan

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    It must be nice to be well on your way to the Hall of Fame like David Wright is.....and to still have ignorant haters like Schroy.

    David Wright's Career stats with Bases Loaded? He's hitting .337
    With RISP? .298.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=b

    I'd go through the rest, but it's a waste of my time. Since you clearly just made up everything as you went along even though it having no bearing on the truth (and is laughably wrong).
    Last edited by Ven0m; 08-31-2010 at 11:48 PM.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Leadership - none
    He doesnt get in the faces of team members who mess up in the least
    He doesnt talk to ownership about how to make the team better
    He will never take himself out of the line-up even when his avg. is plumetting
    Leadership in baseball is nonsense.

    The last time I heard about Met veterans talking to management about the make up of the team they were killed for it. Think Leiter and Franco.

    If he asked out of the lineup you'd kill him for that too.

    He IS their best player and has been for a long time. A good bit of the rest of the team is absolute garbage and that's not his fault. He could be a leader like George ****ing Patton and guys like Castillo, Francouer, Perez would still suck.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    David Wright grew up as a Mets fan and many consider him to be the "face of the organization" (besides, alot of 3 yr. olds want to wear his t-shirt)

    Career BA with bases loaded - .239
    Batting avg. this season with bases loaded - .195
    Career BA with men in scoring position - .248
    This would indicate he presses - badly
    This would indicate batting instructors have no influence on David

    Batting vs. Atlanta 2010 - 3 for 46
    Batting vs. Atlanta career - .225
    Atlanta being the Mets main opponent most years

    Most consecutive weeks batting 0ver .300 for that span - 11
    Most consecutive weeks since his beaning batting over .300 - 4 (June 2010)
    The beaning had no affect at all obviously

    % of HR's with no runners on base - 80%
    % of HR's at home - 35%(lowest in MLB with batters having over 100 HR's)
    Indicating once again that he presses way too much, year after year

    Leadership - none
    He doesnt get in the faces of team members who mess up in the least
    He doesnt talk to ownership about how to make the team better
    He will never take himself out of the line-up even when his avg. is plumetting

    Met for life - GUARANTEED (a fine young man/teen)


    root for another team. Nobody will stop you.

  9. #9
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's from Chesapeake. Be careful.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    He doesnt talk to ownership about how to make the team better
    LOLz...thats his job?


    Doesn't clean up after himself in locker room.
    Doesn't figure in tip when chipping in for dinner.
    Doesn't stop before taking right on red.

  11. #11
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LOLz...thats his job?


    Doesn't clean up after himself in locker room.
    Doesn't figure in tip when chipping in for dinner.
    Doesn't stop before taking right on red.
    Doesn't leave the seat down.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    It must be nice to be well on your way to the Hall of Fame like David Wright is.....and to still have ignorant haters like Schroy.

    David Wright's Career stats with Bases Loaded? He's hitting .337
    With RISP? .298.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=b

    I'd go through the rest, but it's a waste of my time. Since you clearly just made up everything as you went along even though it having no bearing on the truth (and is laughably wrong).
    David Wright is so terrible that only Chipper Jones and Mike Schmidt have a higher OPS for a 3B in the history of baseball (Though ARod, Richie Allen, and something called a Bill Joyce all have him beat and played part of their careers at 3B).

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    It must be nice to be well on your way to the Hall of Fame like David Wright is.....
    What or Earth are you smoking?

    Wright will NEVER be in the HOF. He doesnt generate enough HR's and is way too inconsistent - in addition to the probability he may never play in a WS.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LOLz...thats his job?

    Did you ever play on a team? Guess not.

    One thing that Seaver and Hernandez had in common was both (who won the only 2 WS in Mets history) talked to the manager daily in his office and made remarks to the press about how the others on the team need to get their *sses 'n gear.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Leadership in baseball is nonsense.
    Ok, then Bobby Ojeda, Keith Hernandez, and Bobby Valentine (on ESPN) should all be fired ASAP for talking about leadershio every single time they are in front of a microphone.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    What or Earth are you smoking?

    Wright will NEVER be in the HOF. He doesnt generate enough HR's and is way too inconsistent - in addition to the probability he may never play in a WS.
    Wright averages the 5th most HRs per season of any 3B in the history of baseball, behind Schmidt, ARod, Chipper and Richie Allen. Mark Reynolds will probably pass him as well at some point. Whats your next argument?

    Oh, it appears to be


    Did you ever play on a team? Guess not.
    One thing that Seaver and Hernandez had in common was both (who won the only 2 WS in Mets history) talked to the manager daily in his office and made remarks to the press about how the others on the team need to get their *sses 'n gear.
    They also have that in common with Jets favorite and locker room lawyer Pete Kendall. Or with everyone's favorite NBA personality Lebron James. Or noted Mets greats Bobby Bonilla and Mo Vaughn. Are we praising Oliver Perez now for taking an active role in team personnel decisions?

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Ok, then Bobby Ojeda, Keith Hernandez, and Bobby Valentine (on ESPN) should all be fired ASAP for talking about leadershio every single time they are in front of a microphone.
    So do noted baseball mental giants like Joe Morgan and Aaron Boone. You know you dont have much of a point when you rely on TV announcers as a defense.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    What or Earth are you smoking?

    Wright will NEVER be in the HOF. He doesnt generate enough HR's and is way too inconsistent - in addition to the probability he may never play in a WS.
    He's on the way. A lifetime .300 with 400+ HRs and a good glove at 3rd would be a HOFer.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Ok, then Bobby Ojeda, Keith Hernandez, and Bobby Valentine (on ESPN) should all be fired ASAP for talking about leadershio every single time they are in front of a microphone.
    Jeff Francouer was a "leader" it means ****. If the Mets had surrounded Wright with some quality players and the Mets were in first there would be stories written all year about the "leader" Wright has developed into this year. Instead they surrounded him with garbage at many positions so he gets ripped for the team's performance. It's nonsense, he is their best player and it's not even close.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    He's on the way. A lifetime .300 with 400+ HRs and a good glove at 3rd would be a HOFer.
    Should be on pace for 3,000 hits too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us