Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose Bautista roider or not

Jose Bautista roider or not

Pretty ridiculous how this guy who never had power comes out of nowhere and is about to have a 50 HR season.

Never had more than 16 HRs and just been around those numbers and around a .400 SLG%.

Then comes this year and hes probably going to hit 50+ HRs and have over a .600 SLG%.

Personally I believe hes juiced this year.

43 HRs so far and well over a .600 SLG%, seems like he hits a HR every night.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Pretty ridiculous how this guy who never had power comes out of nowhere and is about to have a 50 HR season.

Never had more than 16 HRs and just been around those numbers and around a .400 SLG%.

Then comes this year and hes probably going to hit 50+ HRs and have over a .600 SLG%.

What about Davey Johnson?
    1973 he hit 43 HR's.
    He never hit more than 18 in any of his other 11 MLB seasons.

Are you a Yankee fan?

There's nothing wrong with asking the question, given the circumstances. I have heard he changed his swing a bit which has helped him out big time. Saying that? Gun to my head? Has he done something? I'd go with yes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Pujols, cough cough, Pujols, cough cough...

This crap is an epidemic...no team is free of it, imho.

Just wish there was a way of steam rolling the Players Union into a ridiculously severe testing program for all PED's....its our kids, the ones who might have the talent to maybe play professionally in any sport, who will reach that fork in the road where they have to choose...because the chooch next to him is willing, and his parents turn their eyes.

Fricken sad, man.

Sad.

There's been such an enormous jump in his numbers that it's certainly reasonable at the very least to raise the question. He's about to triple his previous career high in HR's and double his RBI's at 30 years of age. Whether he's changed his swing or whatever, it's still a ridiculous increase in production that came out of nowhere. Swisher supposedly changed his swing in the off-season as an example and you don't see that type of jump in his numbers. Gun to my head and I say, yes, he is on roids.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    What about Davey Johnson?
    1973 he hit 43 HR's.
    He never hit more than 18 in any of his other 11 MLB seasons.

Are you a Yankee fan?

YEs I'm a Yankees fan and I wasn't alive in 1973, I am in my 20s right now.

What about Brady Anderson? He just randomly jumped to 50 HR one season.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Just wish there was a way of steam rolling the Players Union into a ridiculously severe testing program for all PED's....its our kids, the ones who might have the talent to maybe play professionally in any sport, who will reach that fork in the road where they have to choose...because the chooch next to him is willing, and his parents turn their eyes.

Fricken sad, man.

Sad.
    If by epidemic you mean that over 1/2 of the major league players who have been caught have played for the Yankees then yes, it is epidemic. It seems funny for a fan of a New York team to moralize on this.

Batista has his most ABs ever, moved to a stadium where the ball is absolutely jumping, left Pittsburgh, changed his swing, entered his prime, and probably got really lucky on top of that.

EDIT: And Pujols has had the same shape and has been hitting .350 since he was 15 years old. Thats just being a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    If by epidemic you mean that over 1/2 of the major league players who have been caught have played for the Yankees then yes, it is epidemic. It seems funny for a fan of a New York team to moralize on this.

Batista has his most ABs ever, moved to a stadium where the ball is absolutely jumping, left Pittsburgh, changed his swing, entered his prime, and probably got really lucky on top of that.

EDIT: And Pujols has had the same shape and has been hitting .350 since he was 15 years old. Thats just being a hater.
    Yeah... steroids was a Yankee issue not a MLB issue.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post

WOW. Completely wrong. The biggest failed response of this forum. Here's a list of players implicated, admitted or listed in the Mitchell report for using steroids and/or. HGH

http://www.baseballssteroidera.com/b...-baseball.html
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 09-01-2010 at 10:51 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    WOW. Completely wrong. The biggest failed response of this forum. Here's a list of players implicated, admitted or listed in the Mitchell report for using steroids and/or.

That list is wrong.

Both Alex Rodriguez and Andy Pettitite admitted to using the juice but they are on the implicated list.

All Pro
    That list is wrong.

Both Alex Rodriguez and Andy Pettitite admitted to using the juice but they are on the implicated list.
    The names are right. The status of some of the people on the list needs updating.

All League
    The names are right. The status of some of the people on the list needs updating.

Then the list is wrong.

It took 1 minute to figure that out. Who else is misplaced or missing?

Toss that list out.

All Pro
    Then the list is wrong.

It took 1 minute to figure that out. Who else is misplaced or missing?

Toss that list out.
    WHAT?!?! I hope you're joking.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Fricken sad, man.

Sad.

Why is Pujols never talked about in the steroid conversation? Its as if he walks on water..i think they made more of his 400th last week then they did about arods 600th...

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post

Some one called one of the talk shows and brought up this point and the host (don't know who it was) went nuts. Said how can you bring this up when there is no evidence, etc, etc. Which is exactly what was said before all the big guys were outed, A-Rod, Manny, Ortiz, Clemens, Bonds. Hard to believe Clemens is still denying. That guy is in total denial. So yeah I think he's roiding. Only guy I would be absolutely shocked if he roided? Jeter.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsPrisoner12 View Post
    Some one called one of the talk shows and brought up this point and the host (don't know who it was) went nuts. Said how can you bring this up when there is no evidence, etc, etc. Which is exactly what was said before all the big guys were outed, A-Rod, Manny, Ortiz, Clemens, Bonds. Hard to believe Clemens is still denying. That guy is in total denial. So yeah I think he's roiding. Only guy I would be absolutely shocked if he roided? Jeter.
    The ONLY 2 atheletes in any sport that would shock me if we found out they used steroids or any PED's would be Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera.

He's doing well and he's not on the Yankees. You Yankee fans really crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    He's doing well and he's not on the Yankees. You Yankee fans really crack me up.
    He's about to hit 50 HR's at the age of 30, after a previous career high of 16 HR's. That is very suspicious, no matter what team you root for.

WOW. Completely wrong. The biggest failed response of this forum. Here's a list of players implicated, admitted or listed in the Mitchell report for using steroids and/or. HGH

That list isnt up to date, and 6 of the 16 were Yankees, including the three best players. I dont think it invalidates my point if only 40% of the MLB players definitely linked are Yankees.

As for Batista, the Blue Jays are playing in a stadium where the ball is absolutely jumping. Does Alex Gonzalez normally hit 21 HRs? Batista hits 1.8x as many HRs at home as he does on the road. He is 29 years old, which is hardly old to be in your prime. He is coming from Pittsburgh, which doesnt exactly present a great environment for growth (and is a bad HR park), and he is going to destroy his career high in plate appearances. He also is seeing better pitches because hes walking by far more than he ever has in his career.

Plus to be clear I know that the Yankees are hardly the problem here. Steroids are abundant at every level and probably in every city in baseball.

My point is that if you simultaneously call yourself a Yankee fan and you think that steroids are this terrible problem, and especially if you want to accuse players who are doing well of roiding, then you are, politely, a hypocrite.

All League
    The ONLY 2 atheletes in any sport that would shock me if we found out they used steroids or any PED's would be Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera.

LOL