View Poll Results: Bigger Unexposed Roider?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Piazza

11 73.33%
  • Nomar Garciaparra

4 26.67%
  • I'm a Gullible Red Sox and/or Met fan

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Unexposed Roider: Piazza or Nomar?

Banned

Bigger Unexposed Roider: Piazza or Nomar?

I'm going with Nomar. Still laughing at all the Red Sox fans in the late 90's and early 2000s who screamed about how much better he was than Jeter.

Banned

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I'm going with Nomar. Still laughing at all the Red Sox fans in the late 90's and early 2000s who screamed about how much better he was than Jeter.

Piazza was unexposed?

How many homers off the fists did he need to hit before you knew something was up?

They are all on it. Get right with that. Or find another source of entertainment.

All Pro
    I'm going with Piazza. Almost every Met fan I know swears he was never juiced.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I'm going with Piazza. Almost every Met fan I know swears he was never juiced.
    Roid rage didn't kick in for Piazza when Clemens pegged him in his fat head so maybe they have a point.

All Pro
    Roid rage didn't kick in for Piazza when Clemens pegged him in his fat head so maybe they have a point.
    You'll just never know how people react with roids' LOL. Look at Nomar LOL

Can we just turn this forum into New York Yankees circle jerk? There is no objectivity here anymore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Can we just turn this forum into New York Yankees circle jerk? There is no objectivity here anymore.
    This is a supposed to be a Yankees circle jerk? Why? B/C most of the Yankee-haters heroes (Manny, Papi, Piazza, Nomar) turned out to be big-time roiders too?

I guess you're right. Enjoy.

Have fun rooting for ARod and Andy to carry you through the post season. I hope it was as fun as watching Giambi rack up his .400 OBPs for five years, or watching Jim Leyritz hit the HR to turn the 1996 world series, or watching Clemens in the late 90's...oh wait...

Plus unexposed is an operative word before you lump in Piazza and Nomar with some of the others. Just because you hate on a guy doesnt automatically mean he roided. If we want to talk about steroids as if they are a) something that is bad and b) a matter of suspicion, then how about Soriano, Robinson Cano, Kevin Brown etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    Have fun rooting for ARod and Andy to carry you through the post season. I hope it was as fun as watching Giambi rack up his .400 OBPs for five years, or watching Jim Leyritz hit the HR to turn the 1996 world series, or watching Clemens in the late 90's...oh wait...

Plus unexposed is an operative word before you lump in Piazza and Nomar with some of the others. Just because you hate on a guy doesnt automatically mean he roided. If we want to talk about steroids as if they are a) something that is bad and b) a matter of suspicion, then how about Soriano, Robinson Cano, Kevin Brown etc.
    I have never denied that Yankees players did steroids - I just love the phony self-righteousness of Yankee haters acting like none of their heroes ever touched PEDs.

Plenty of Yankees did roids - so did plenty of Red Sox and Met players. Alex Gonzalez on the D-Backs in 2001 - he basically did a metamporphosis on steroids to beat the Yankees in the WS that year.

All Pro

I voted for Piazza, just because he was the better player.

Tons of players all over the league did roids. I don't even care anymore. Do I think Piazza did them, yep. That evens it up for Clemens pitching to him in the WS and throwing a bat at the guy.

The only player I really hold out hope for is MO. It just doesn't seem in his nature to have juiced, (not for size, but for the ability to pitch again and again).

Anyone else who juiced, no surprise. Than includes the Randy Velardes, kevin Elsters, and all the other bit players who hung around. And you know what, i would have too.

Hmmm, take roids, earn millions and millions of dollars, and be set for life, or don't and spend 6 years riding a bus in the minors.

I have never denied that Yankees players did steroids - I just love the phony self-righteousness of Yankee haters acting like none of their heroes ever touched PEDs.

Plenty of Yankees did roids - so did plenty of Red Sox and Met players. Alex Gonzalez on the D-Backs in 2001 - he basically did a metamporphosis on steroids to beat the Yankees in the WS that year.
    There is no fanbase that is more self-righteous than Yankee fans. Nobody is saying they didn't use steroids. This thread is just stupid, you guys ***** about Tucker but this is a tucker-esque thread.

Neither are bigger. Both are obvious. I'm 100% sure that Piazza did roids, and a bit less than that with Nomar.

And I don't blame either one. It was rampant back then - everyone did.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    There is no fanbase that is more self-righteous than Yankee fans. Nobody is saying they didn't use steroids. This thread is just stupid, you guys ***** about Tucker but this is a tucker-esque thread.
    You get that with any fanbase. The only reason I used to like calling out other teams was because a bunch of Yankees got nailed early on, and many other team's fans said "NY cheated" blah blah blah.

They all cheated. Every team. A's may have started it back in the 80's.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Piazza was almost knocked unconscious when Clemens hit him in the head. How do you expect someone to react after that? Charge the mound?

Pretty dumb thing for you to say.

I can understand reacting when he threw the bat at him (cowardly), but honestly, you expected him to charge when he is leveled from a beanball?

Quite stupid.

All Pro
    This is a supposed to be a Yankees circle jerk? Why? B/C most of the Yankee-haters heroes (Manny, Papi, Piazza, Nomar) turned out to be big-time roiders too?

I guess you're right. Enjoy.

Pretty much guaranteed that both were roiders.

I'm a Braves fan and would bet money that Alex Gonzalez is on steroids again. And for the snap judgment test, I would say Piazza absolutely yes (what was he a 52nd round pick or something) and Nomar probably not. But still, Yankee fans and steroids, holy glass houses and black kettles.

Among Braves greats I feel confident saying that Maddux and Glavine never juiced, Andruw Jones doesnt give enough of a crap about his body to juice, Smoltz probably did, Chipper im 50/50 on, and David Justice probably did. Amongst current braves star players, Martin Prado screams juicing, Brian McCann is a fat slob a la Andruw Jones, and Heyward probably didnt.
    Last edited by hamburglar; 09-02-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Banned
    I'm a Braves fan and would bet money that Alex Gonzalez is on steroids again. And for the snap judgment test, I would say Piazza absolutely yes (what was he a 52nd round pick or something) and Nomar probably not. But still, Yankee fans and steroids, holy glass houses and black kettles.

Among Braves greats I feel confident saying that Maddux and Glavine never juiced, Andruw Jones doesnt give enough of a crap about his body to juice, Smoltz probably did, Chipper im 50/50 on, and David Justice probably did. Amongst current braves star players, Martin Prado screams juicing, Brian McCann is a fat slob a la Andruw Jones, and Heyward probably didnt.
    I wouldn't be shocked at all if it turned out plenty of players were still finding ways to juice without getting caught. However, at least MLB is testing like the NFL now and the days of JAGs hitting 40-50 hrs and clowns like Bonds, McGwire and Sosa polluting the record books are over.

I think Andruw Jones juiced. He seemed to suffer from the same itis that hit Nomar and made both of them fall off the face of the earth. It would suck if a great young player like Heyward juiced. Ditto for Strasburgh who all of a sudden now needs Tommy John surgery.

Piazza would have probably been a great offensive player without the juice but he was a spoiled b*tch who hurt his team for years with below-average defensive play at Catcher and when the Mets tried to improve themselves defensively by putting Piazza at 1B he always cried and complained like a twat.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if it turned out plenty of players were still finding ways to juice without getting caught. However, at least MLB is testing like the NFL now and the days of JAGs hitting 40-50 hrs and clowns like Bonds, McGwire and Sosa polluting the record books are over.

I think Andruw Jones juiced. He seemed to suffer from the same itis that hit Nomar and made both of them fall off the face of the earth. It would suck if a great young player like Heyward juiced. Ditto for Strasburgh who all of a sudden now needs Tommy John surgery.

Piazza would have probably been a great offensive player without the juice but he was a spoiled b*tch who hurt his team for years with below-average defensive play at Catcher and when the Mets tried to improve themselves defensively by putting Piazza at 1B he always cried and complained like a twat.
    It really comes down to this

You only made this thread to attempt to bother the few Met fans that are still on this board. And its Strasburg genius

-thread