Thread: OT. Flooring

All League

OT. Flooring

I need advice on which company to use for home installation. ( I am in lower Westchester) Pricing and quality of work are important of course. I am willing to to spend more if its worth it. Should I use empire or stay away? Any type of wood to stay away from? I want something that will not give me problems if I choose to sell. Any and all advice is very welcome. Thanks so much in advance

Schluberator & Gadfly
    One of our branches used Empire down here and had several issues. But then again, I guess it's a franchise thing, some good, some bad. Good luck!

did you check out the Super Yellow Pages?

All League
    no. but i will now

All League
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;3711733]I need advice on which company to use for home installation. ( I am in lower Westchester) Pricing and quality of work are important of course. I am willing to to spend more if its worth it. Should I use empire or stay away? Any type of wood to stay away from? I want something that will not give me problems if I choose to sell. Any and all advice is very welcome. Thanks so much in advance[/QUOTE]

I am a builder by trade and use a very good flooring company out of Cherry Hill, NJ....The only problem is that the VP is an Eagles fan....Where exactly are you located?....I can see if they work in your area.

The most important aspect to consider is your lifestyle and which product to have installed....If you have kids and pets, I would strongly advise you to stay away from most engineered products, as they are softer and susceptible to dings and scratched....Unfinished oak hardwood is the most durable and is pretty cost effective, but it's a more of an inconvenience to the Owner because it needs to be sanded and finished, which means you need to stay off it for a couple of days.

PM me and I can see if they work near you.

All League
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;3711763]I am a builder by trade and use a very good flooring company out of Cherry Hill, NJ....The only problem is that the VP is an Eagles fan....Where exactly are you located?....I can see if they work in your area.

The most important aspect to consider is your lifestyle and which product to have installed....If you have kids and pets, I would strongly advise you to stay away from most engineered products, as they are softer and susceptible to dings and scratched....Unfinished oak hardwood is the most durable and is pretty cost effective, but it's a more of an inconvenience to the Owner because it needs to be sanded and finished, which means you need to stay off it for a couple of days.

PM me and I can see if they work near you.[/QUOTE]

thanks crazy, right now:thumbup:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;3711763]I am a builder by trade and use a very good flooring company out of Cherry Hill, NJ....The only problem is that the VP is an Eagles fan....Where exactly are you located?....I can see if they work in your area.

The most important aspect to consider is your lifestyle and which product to have installed....If you have kids and pets, I would strongly advise you to stay away from most engineered products, as they are softer and susceptible to dings and scratched....[B]Unfinished oak hardwood is the most durable and is pretty cost effective, but it's a more of an inconvenience to the Owner because it needs to be sanded and finished, which means you need to stay off it for a couple of days.[/B]

PM me and I can see if they work near you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but is there a prettier floor than a newly finished oak floor? I think not. Course I'm into wood grains and such.

All League
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3711782]Yeah, but is there a prettier floor than a newly finished oak floor? I think not. Course I'm into wood grains and such.[/QUOTE]

I agree Ches....Many times we mix red and whit oak boards and finish them naturally....It looks stunning.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

get a floating floor...we put on in the kitchen a few years back, very nice

All League
    Well, I would love stunning. I only have one child, and if another comes I am outta here anyway

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3711789]get a floating floor...we put on in the kitchen a few years back, very nice[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Breakwater/Cape%20Ann/Houseboat.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

^

lol, great for commuting

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3711812]^

lol, great for commuting[/QUOTE]

Or the economy model:

[IMG]http://oldstersview.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/redneck_houseboat.jpg[/IMG]