Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DUNCE BOY AXL STILL AT IT

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

DUNCE BOY AXL STILL AT IT

[I]Plus ça change[/I]...

From Yahoo:

[I]By SHAWN POGATCHNIK, Associated Press Writer

DUBLIN – Axl Rose, it seems, needs a little more patience — and a much louder alarm clock.
    The 48-year-old singer of U.S. hard-rock band Guns N' Roses irritated thousands of his Dublin fans at the 02 Arena on Wednesday night by showing up nearly an hour late — a recurring problem on his band's European tour — and then walking off after an unruly minority in the crowd hurled water bottles on the stage.

Most of the fans left, but Irish concert promoters MCD wouldn't let Rose leave until he finished the gig. The band went back on stage an hour later to a mostly empty venue and didn't stop playing until nearly 1 a.m.
    MCD and the 02 issued a joint statement criticizing Rose for having "a long history for being late on stage," but emphasized that "no artist should be subjected to missiles and unknown substances being thrown at them."
    Rose's patience snapped after he warned the crowd to stop throwing things on stage.

"Here is the deal. One more bottle up here and we go. We don't want to go. Your choice," he told the crowd during an abrupt break to the band's second song, "Welcome to the Jungle."

But when introducing his other band members before a following number, up came another bottle — and off Rose went to a chorus of boos. "OK, that's it. Good night. Have a nice evening," he said.
    Politicians called on the promoters to refund tickets that cost an average of (EURO)72 ($92). MCD declined to say whether anyone would get their money back.

"Reports say that the lights came on and the security people told concertgoers to go home. Confusion reigned and thousands of fans had left by the time the band came back again on stage to complete their set," Irish senator Michael McCarthy said.

Rose is the only remaining original member of Guns N' Roses, which was founded in Los Angeles in 1985 and achieved chart-topping successes with its first two albums, "Appetite for Destruction" in 1987 and the double-album "Use Your Illusion" in 1991.

The band effectively collapsed in the mid-1990s and Rose became a Malibu semi-recluse. He re-emerged in recent years with a completely new band that, after missing a decade of production deadlines, unveiled the album "Chinese Democracy" in 2008. It has received generally positive reviews but sold poorly compared to the band's heyday.

The European tour has been marred by late starts.
    At the first stop Aug. 27, an open-air festival in Reading, west of London, Guns N' Roses arrived an hour late and had their microphones and amplifiers cut off by organizers during their encore.

Two nights later in the northern English city of Leeds, Guns N' Roses again was ordered to cut its performance concert a half-hour short because of an hour-late start. The tour has 22 cities in 13 more countries to go.
    Such tardiness is nothing new for Rose. Guns N' Roses kept Irish fans waiting two extra hours during its 1992 European tour.[/I]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that's why I'd never go and see GnR live. It's worse than going into a big, hyped up boxing match and having it end after 1 round.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, folks. Thought I posted this in The Hampur. I'll get it moved.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not GnR

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheFranchise;3712107]And that's why I'd never go and see GnR live. It's worse than going into a big, hyped up boxing match and having it end after 1 round.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[QUOTE=Jman21;3712141]It's not GnR[/QUOTE]

And even more correct.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, JW!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3712152]Thanks, JW![/QUOTE]
    :cool:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Axl just needs to go away. Forever.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dkaz003;3712182]Axl just needs to go away. Forever.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking pummeled with croquet mallets by enraged Filipino school children, but would certainly entertain other suggestions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Axl has become, and Borgo, you summed it up in the DLR thread a boufoon. He also cant sing those high notes anymore and his image is bigger than the band and music, he has made himself irrelavant even though he doesnt believe it!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;3712196]Axl has become, and Borgo, you summed it up in the DLR thread a boufoon. He also cant sing those high notes anymore and [B]his image is bigger than the band and music[/B], he has made himself irrelavant even though he doesnt believe it!![/QUOTE]

One of the greatest, "douche chill", moments of my life was watching Axl's "comeback" with his version of G'n'R. I think it was on an MTV awards show a few years back. The performance was a complete disaster, but the best part was watching Axl's wig of cornrows start slipping off his head. At one point near the end of the song, so help me, his "hair" was sideways off his head (about 9:40 in vid below). I thought I'd bust a lung laughing.

I found it. Check out this cluster f**k. How bad do I want to punch Jimmy Fallon and Kurt "The Load" Loder?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kurqEdSYygQ[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3712216]One of the greatest, "douche chill", moments of my life was watching Axl's "comeback" with his version of G'n'R. I think it was on an MTV awards show a few years back. The performance was a complete disaster, but the best part was watching Axl's wig of cornrows start slipping off his head. At one point near the end of the song, so help me, his "hair" was sideways off his head (about 9:40 in vid below). I thought I'd bust a lung laughing.

I found it. Check out this cluster f**k. How bad do I want to punch Jimmy Fallon and Kurt "The Load" Loder?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kurqEdSYygQ[/url][/QUOTE]

LOL!! Was thinking about the same thing!!!! This is his one chance to make it huge agian! MTV awards were still relevant, i tink this is 2000ish?? And he wears a Raiders jersey like it's 88 and NWA is still around, and yea, fake corn rows!!! What a complete dooosher, and while the band seemed tight his vocal were atrocious!!!

And Jimmy Fallon, what another doosher, Guns N effin Roses Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, dancing around like a little girl:mad:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3712216]One of the greatest, "douche chill", moments of my life was watching Axl's "comeback" with his version of G'n'R. I think it was on an MTV awards show a few years back. The performance was a complete disaster, but the best part was watching Axl's wig of cornrows start slipping off his head. At one point near the end of the song, so help me, his "hair" was sideways off his head (about 9:40 in vid below). I thought I'd bust a lung laughing.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kurqEdSYygQ[/url][/QUOTE]

WOW. That might be one of the WORST vocal performances I have ever heard. Jesus, it has left me speechless.

As if I needed another reason to hate Axl.

I thought Chinese Democracy was enough.
    Last edited by dkaz003; 09-02-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

AXL can do no wrong......

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMw7x1XG_LM[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;3712249]LOL!! Was thinking about the same thing!!!! This is his one chance to make it huge agian! MTV awards were still relevant, i tink this is 2000ish?? And he wears a Raiders jersey like it's 88 and NWA is still around, and yea, fake corn rows!!! What a complete dooosher, and while the band seemed tight his vocal were atrocious!!!

And Jimmy Fallon, what another doosher, Guns N effin Roses Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, dancing around like a little girl:mad:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dkaz003;3712267]WOW. That might be one of the WORST vocal performances I have ever heard. Jesus, it has left me speechless.

As if I needed another reason not to like Axl.

I thought Chinese Democracy was enough.[/QUOTE]

Agree with both of you that Axl's vocals were pitiful, especially from a guy who could really sing in his day. The band was tight. As bizarre as he is, Buckethead can play/jam.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3712272]Agree with both of you that Axl's vocals were pitiful, especially from a guy who could really sing in his day. The band was tight. As bizarre as he is, Buckethead can play/jam.[/QUOTE]

I never really dug Axl's voice/singing. I don't know, the whole nasally, screechy sound to it never did much for me. If we started a thread on "Singers Who Shouldn't Be Singers" I'd have Axl as number 2, behind Billy Corgan.

But, Buckethead has got some serious skills, no joke. He's pretty sick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dkaz003;3712292]I never really dug Axl's voice/singing. I don't know, the whole nasally, screechy sound to it never did much for me. If we started a thread on "Singers Who Shouldn't Be Singers" I'd have Axl as number 2, behind Billy Corgan.

But, Buckethead has got some serious skills, no joke. He's pretty sick.[/QUOTE]

You're right about it's propensity to get grating, but I thought it was great--and drove the Guns' musical attack in the early years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason Taylor and Axl Rose both cut from the same cloth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an A-Hole. Guns N Roses could have been one of the greatest bands ever - you can make an argument they already are - and he continues to undermine them after all these years.

Appetite for Destruction and the Use Your Illusion records are some of the best rock music ever.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard Slash is going to be performing at the Jets game next Monday.

Hoping to hear a little G 'N' 'R before kickoff!!!!