Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I wrong - or does Gholston look ready to produce?

Am I wrong - or does Gholston look ready to produce?

last night i saw he was chasing down plays, wasn't fooled on a vick rollout, impacting more plays than before. his strength may allow him to dominate guys later in games when opponents can't handle him. he looks huge but also is hustling and motivated. 1st string/2nd string, doesn't matter b/c gholston looks like he's comfortable in doing what he's asked to do. thoughts?

a major result of Hard Knocks is that I have gone from the hating Gholston with a passion to the Vern cheer squad.

All I wanted to see out of the whole team last night was for him to get a sack - and when he did on the last play we all started cheering.

It was the happiest I've been all off-season actually when he got that sack.

Some people need a kick in the butt to be motivated, others need a pat on the back. Maybe Vern fits into the pat on the back squad.

Go Vern.

I think alot of folks agree he's been a bust to-date, but would be ecstatic if he finally came around and produced.

Even if he is just a good, solid, producing player, thats something.

he's not there yet...we'll see.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;3713721]I think alot of folks agree he's been a bust to-date, but would be ecstatic if he finally came around and produced.

Even if he is just a good, solid, producing player, thats something.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

That being said, we have heard the 'Gholsten ready to break out' for several years in a row in August/Sept.

[QUOTE=Piper;3713726]Couldn't agree more.

That being said, we have heard the 'Gholsten ready to break out' for several years in a row in August/Sept.[/QUOTE]

true, but this is the first time he's actually doing good stuff on the field. the past 2 years we've heard about it in practices but then he's disappeared in games. i have (perhaps foolish) hope that when he comes out against the ravens he may actually be able to make a play or 2.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I basically watched Gholston specifically on every play. Sorry, but he still has a horrible inability to change directions at speed, and was getting single-team pass blocked by guys who will be working at McDonalds next week. Beating a bottom-of-the-barrel scrub on the last play of the last pre-season game does nothing for me -- especially when you see all the Jets and the coaches congratulating him like some little leager spaz who just closed his eyes and stuck his bat out there and got his first hit of the season

The Ghost looked good this preseason, he seems to know what he is doing , does not look lost . I also understand that its the preseason but I think he is ready to contribute.

At his point what ever we get from the Ghost is a plus.

If he can be strong and fast enough to play 15 snaps a game and hopefully be a bit disruptive, that would be a nice improvement.

Rooting for him to succeed too...

[SIZE="1"]How can I put this without getting my hopes up, not even a little bit....[/SIZE]

He wasn't horrible :P

wow he made a sack.I like matt kroul better.

[QUOTE=shakin318;3713739]I basically watched Gholston specifically on every play. Sorry, but he still has a horrible inability to change directions at speed, and was getting single-team pass blocked by guys who will be working at McDonalds next week. Beating a bottom-of-the-barrel scrub on the last play of the last pre-season game does nothing for me -- especially when you see all the Jets and the coaches congratulating him like some little leager spaz who just closed his eyes and stuck his bat out there and got his first hit of the season[/QUOTE]

that's a bit harsh but I get your frustration...we need to see his production in the real games...until that happens I'm skeptical also

[QUOTE=shakin318;3713739]I basically watched Gholston specifically on every play. Sorry, but he still has a horrible inability to change directions at speed, and was getting single-team pass blocked by guys who will be working at McDonalds next week. Beating a bottom-of-the-barrel scrub on the last play of the last pre-season game does nothing for me -- especially when you see all the Jets and the coaches congratulating him like some little leager spaz who just closed his eyes and stuck his bat out there and got his first hit of the season[/QUOTE]

Hahaha... I actually think he's ready to produce (solidly not spectacularly like his contract suggests he should) but that is a funny post.

he chased vick and forced a bad 3rd down throw in the red zone. if he can do that, he has enough change of direction skills.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

a lot of truth here... but i guess we can be optimistic that he's finally showing something.. will it translate to the regular season? i'm a doubter, but we'll soon find out

[QUOTE=augustiniak;3713763]he chased vick and forced a bad 3rd down throw in the red zone. if he can do that, he has enough change of direction skills.[/QUOTE]

I think it says more about where Vick is right now.

[QUOTE=shakin318;3713739]Beating a bottom-of-the-barrel scrub on the last play of the last pre-season game does nothing for me -- especially when you see all the Jets and the coaches congratulating him like some little leager spaz who just closed his eyes and stuck his bat out there and got his first hit of the season[/QUOTE] SHAKIN I just spit out my coffee laughing at this. Thanks

Hall Of Fame
    without a doubt his best preseason for us, he finally looks like, on some plays, that maybe he shouldn't be with the scrubs...for a bust this kid sure does see allot of double teams....gholston would be icing on the cake this year.

I'll believe it when I see it...runs very stiff...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;3713692]Am I wrong - or does Gholston look ready to [B]produce[/B]?[/QUOTE]

As in "lettuce"?