Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 CFB Discussion

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Week 1 CFB Discussion

Free Beer last night at the bar meant I couldn't closely watch the games yesterday, but I'll be watching all day long tomorrow.

Any one else as pumped as I am?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Romeus was awful last night...neutralized by a newbie...Baldwin was bigtime down the stretch....

Kelechi Osemele/ISU tackle looked dominant last night....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pouncey struggling with the snap...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fvcking Pouncey. Time to drink that sh1t off...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    lsu-unc, what a game....too bad unc was playing with half a defense...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    lsu-unc, what a game....too bad unc was playing with half a defense...
    It looked like it was LSU playing with half a defense in that 4th quarter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pouncey struggling with the snap...
    You're going to have fun watching film of the Demps 70 yard TD run off the stretch play...

I won't spoil it for you by telling you what happens, but I'm sure you're one of the few here that will appreciate it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    other impressions regarding other high profile guys? how did baldwin look?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    other impressions regarding other high profile guys? how did baldwin look?
    I got messed up again Saturday so I've got nothin'.

I'll do a game report on Boise St-VT though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA1HM2YugYk

Gilbert with the pancake on the kick-out, Halapio? with a seal, and Pouncey pulling around and leading the way.

Oh yeah, and Demps totally out-running the FS' angle.

I'm no scout, but that's some decent film on UF's OL right there.
    Last edited by gangGREENinsider; 09-05-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue isn't going to tear up the combine or pro day workouts but he is a hell of a player. He had a sack, force fumble, safety, and a few tackles for loss against Notre Dame.

Patrick Peterson's speed on the return game is ridiculous
    Last edited by Play Like A Jet; 09-07-2010 at 03:03 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so im watching nate potter last night... all game hes looking pretty darn good... good feet, good hands ok.... then there's that one play in the 3rd quarter. he gets killed to the edge, basically stands there while the qb bumps into him... and can't recover the fumble.

my question was that just a flukey thing or do you blame a guy for that? i think he has to get blamed for getting beat to the outside... but the fumble? hmm.... lack of awareness? or just dumb lunk?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Play Like A Jet View Post
    Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue isn't going to tear up the combine or pro day workouts but he is a hell of a player. He had a sack, force fumble, safety, and a few tackles for loss against Notre Dame.

Patrick Peterson's speed on the return game is ridiculous
    kerrigan did not impress me on Saturday....Rudolph, whose blocking blew me away, handled him for the most part...

on a side note what a tremendous first week of college football- America's game....the OSU/TCU, LSU/UNC and BSU/Va Tech games had the feeling it was BCS week in January...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    so im watching nate potter last night... all game hes looking pretty darn good... good feet, good hands ok.... then there's that one play in the 3rd quarter. he gets killed to the edge, basically stands there while the qb bumps into him... and can't recover the fumble.

my question was that just a flukey thing or do you blame a guy for that? i think he has to get blamed for getting beat to the outside... but the fumble? hmm.... lack of awareness? or just dumb lunk?
    I'm a Potter fan, but he's no Clady. I remember another time he was beaten off the edge for a sack. I'm not so sure he's a LT, but he's still a good OL prospect.

And I really love Pettis(especially), Young, and Avery.

Pettis I think is way undervalued- I see Round 3 projections and I doubt he lasts that long.

Young's got obvious speed, but he could end up being undervalued also because his quarterback can't throw the ball down the field.

And I'm surprised Avery doesn't start, but he could be a nice pick-up in the later rounds.

And #21 could be their next Kyle Wilson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    kerrigan did not impress me on Saturday....Rudolph, whose blocking blew me away, handled him for the most part...

on a side note what a tremendous first week of college football- America's game....the OSU/TCU, LSU/UNC and BSU/Va Tech games had the feeling it was BCS week in January...
    Boise State made me a believer. Moore sucks, but their skill position guys would hang in the SEC, and they play sound team D so it's good ENOUGH.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple Sophomore Receivers that looked good in the LSU/UNC game were Jheranie Boyd 6-2 185 from UNC and Rueben Randle 6-4 207 from LSU. I look forward to watching more of these guys in the future.

CBTN, what's your take on Ben Ijalana from Nova? and do you think he is a better prospect coming out from the small school level than Ducasse?
    Last edited by Play Like A Jet; 09-08-2010 at 12:15 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    CBTN, what's your take on Ben Ijalana from Nova? and do you think he is a better prospect coming out from the small school level than Ducasse?
    im not CBNY but Ijalana is local to me down here in Philly and he's prob more of a guard than tackle at next level. better at pass block than run... reminds me of daryn colledge with longer arms. Temple/Nova was actually a pretty decent test for him... Temple has been sending DL to the league for several years (Andre Nesblett just beat the odds in carolina)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    im not CBNY but Ijalana is local to me down here in Philly and he's prob more of a guard than tackle at next level. better at pass block than run... reminds me of daryn colledge with longer arms. Temple/Nova was actually a pretty decent test for him... Temple has been sending DL to the league for several years (Andre Nesblett just beat the odds in carolina)
    Thanks for the insight Bitonti, Ijalana had a really good game against Temple. Hopefully he will get an invite to the Senior Bowl and we'll see how he stacks up against the higher level of comp.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really liked Austin Pettis and Titus young from Boise State.

For guys to look at tonight check out my blog: building4thefuture.blogspot.com

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple Sophomore Receivers that looked good in the LSU/UNC game were Jheranie Boyd 6-2 185 from UNC and Rueben Randle 6-4 207 from LSU. I look forward to watching more of these guys in the future.

just finished a bunch of film on him, albeit mostly from '09....

he is a big OT, and stands out on film because of his size....he's powerful, looks like he has long arms and terrific punch...his footwork is better than average and he's a solid pass protector at LT, though not as good as Ducasse at equal points in their career...

that said he struggles to bend, flex and adjust...for the most part he blocks way to tall and loses all of his strength because of it- he is effective when he blocks w/leverage but that is the exception to his rule...

if he does not improve his mechanics he will be a life long practice squader- if he learns to bend his knees he's a good developmental prospect, though on the right side...