Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that loser drunk druggie hillbilly Terry Bradshaw rips Rex Ryan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that loser drunk druggie hillbilly Terry Bradshaw rips Rex Ryan

I just wish old stupid drunk pill-popping ex-sports stars would shut their pie-hole about current football personalities. No longer in the spot-light, seems a little jealous. Maybe he should get married again.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5529097[/url]

You can add Terry Bradshaw to the growing list of Rex Ryan bashers.

Bradshaw, speaking to reporters Thursday in Shreveport, La., his hometown, blasted the New York Jets coach for yapping too much. The former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback-turned-TV analyst predicted that Ryan will "shut up real quick" when things fall apart for the Jets.

"He doesn't even play, so it's easy for him to shoot his mouth off," Bradshaw told TV station KTBS. "He doesn't make a tackle, he doesn't run a ball, he doesn't make a catch or throw a ball. He just sits over there. Unfortunately, I don't think his players are quite as strong-minded as he is."

Bradshaw, an analyst on the FOX NFL pregame show, said second-year quarterback Mark Sanchez could wind up bearing the brunt of Ryan's bravado.

"He's putting a lot of pressure on his young quarterback," Bradshaw said. "If they can't run the ball, they're going to have to throw it and they can't pass protect.[B] He'll shut up real quick. You know what? I don't like guys like that, OK?"[/B]
    Because of HBO's "Hard Knocks," Ryan's brash coaching style is known in living rooms across the country, prompting criticism from high-profile people associated with the NFL.

NBC analyst Tony Dungy, the former coach of the Indianapolis Colts and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, criticized Ryan because of his profanity on the TV show, resulting in a pointed response from Ryan. He actually called Dungy to discuss the matter. They cleared the air, with Dungy accepting an invitation from Ryan to visit him at the Jets' facility.

Dungy's NBC colleague, former New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, echoed Bradshaw's sentiment last week in a conference call. Harrison said Tom Brady & Co. were "tired and fed up with his trash talking."

Brady claimed recently he doesn't watch "Hard Knocks," adding, "I hate the Jets."

ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski, speaking on a conference call, said he's "refreshed" by Ryan's approach, but he admitted it could make it tougher on the Jets to meet the enormous expectations.

"As a former player, the bull's-eye gets bigger," Jaworski said. "When you're playing against a team and they're getting all of the recognition -- pretty much speaking all bravado -- you hear this and you see this, and you really do get a feeling that you want to put them in their place, whatever that place may be."

Rich Cimini covers the Jets for ESPNNewYork.com.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't great to come out and make a bold statment like Ryan will .."shut up real quick". It reminds me of my neighbor who is a giant fan, he says stuff like that all the time . Maybe he should also predict that Revis will not sign by the eagles game. Thank you captain obvious. .....However mind you fellow Jets fans this pric will be the first to jump on the wagon when the Jets are killin em

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phuck that bald, bucked tooth doosh.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

I suppose the only difference is that instead of civil disobedience, Rex Ryan has Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott, and James Ihedigbo.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too was never a player so I can only assume that Terry knows better than I do but I'm guessing that by the end of the first or second possession, any pre-game motivational banter goes out the window and the players are just concerned about what is going on on the field.

of course, if Rex is on the sidelines yelling at a guy that he can't tackle, it might have an effect (for better or worse)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol where's that "haters gon hate" when you need it..

How does he continue to put pressure on Sanchez anyway? If anything he continues to steer it away from him. All I hear out of Rex's mouth is ground and pound and the word defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They cant pass protect? Ok Terry, shut your ****ing pie-hole.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't necessarily agree with him, but that is probably my Jets fan bias speaking. If he were the coach of the Patriots or Dolphins, I think I might hate him more than I hate Belichick.

Anyways, I'll give Terry a pass, because he was willing to look past his allegiance to the Steelers, and recommend that Big Ben not get his suspension lessened. He simply speaks his mind, regardless of any team biases that may exist.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 super bowl rings as a starting QB is pretty good for a "loser drunk druggie hillbilly."

I should know ...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;3715133]They cant pass protect? Ok Terry, shut your ****ing pie-hole.[/QUOTE]

that gaping hole between d'brick and mangold doesn't concern you at all?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude has 4 rings. I think that kinda eliminates any opportunity to call him a loser. And he's got a point about our pass protection, specifically re Slauson/Ducasse. Now the Jets fan in me wants to tell him to STFU, but really, the guy ain't a loser.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3715156]Dude has 4 rings. I think that kinda eliminates any opportunity to call him a loser. And he's got a point about our pass protection, specifically re Slauson/Ducasse. Now the Jets fan in me wants to tell him to STFU, but really, the guy ain't a loser.[/QUOTE]

The media wants to talk about Ryan having class and such, but they're acting just as bad as he is.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the same guy who sits on Fox's morning show and acts like a 5 year old baboon.

Would like to see Rex ***** slap this arrested development clown.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3715156]Dude has 4 rings. I think that kinda eliminates any opportunity to call him a loser. And he's got a point about our pass protection, specifically re Slauson/Ducasse. Now the Jets fan in me wants to tell him to STFU, but really, the guy ain't a loser.[/QUOTE]

Great player.

Far from being the brightest crayon.

Not being harsh but the guy just simply doesn't have what it takes to articulate a coherent argument.

It's all 'rah, rah'... 'Back in my day'... 'He's not an NFL player'...

That's cool if you want to bring up his past and say that gives him the right to say whatever the hell he wants...

But that doesn't make it accurate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gdfodder;3715150]that gaping hole between d'brick and mangold doesn't concern you at all?[/QUOTE]

No gaping hole. If you watched Slauson in the preseason games this year, he has been great. I love how people just assume Slauson has been a big liability out there. D'Brick has been beaten like 4 times this preseason and Woody has been beaten like 3 times... I think Slauson was beaten once for a sack, and his run-blocking has been great... he's a nasty dude.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gdfodder;3715150]that gaping hole between d'brick and mangold doesn't concern you at all?[/QUOTE]

another "expert" basing his "expert opinion on one play repeated on Hard Knocks and not on the rest of the four preseason games where Slaussen was vastly better at LG than Alan Turnstile was last year.

Meanwhile AT has nearly gotten both Leinart and Anderson killed repeatedly in the Cardinals preseason

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3715236]another "expert" basing his "expert opinion on one play repeated on Hard Knocks and not on the rest of the four preseason games where Slaussen was vastly better at LG than Alan Turnstile was last year.

Meanwhile AT has nearly gotten both Leinart and Anderson killed repeatedly in the Cardinals preseason[/QUOTE]

LMFAO....

I remember a person calling Brick "The turnstile". Shows that ROME is not built in a day.

Hopefully that HOLE will be plugged quickly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terry Bradshaw is so dumb he has to pay someone else to pilot his private jet for him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3715259]Terry Bradshaw is so dumb he has to pay someone else to pilot his private jet for him.[/QUOTE]

Before one of the Super Bowls against the Cowboys, Hollywood Henderson said "He couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 'a'."

And he was right. My 4 year old is smarter than he ever dreamt of being.

And yes he has 4 rings...so does the ball boy. Terry was a decent QB, but went along for the ride on that team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guck the Fiants;3715270]Before one of the Super Bowls against the Cowboys, Hollywood Henderson said "He couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 'a'."

And he was right. My 4 year old is smarter than he ever dreamt of being.

And yes he has 4 rings...so does the ball boy. Terry was a decent QB, but went along for the ride on that team.[/QUOTE]

Terry was one of the greatest NFL QB's I ever saw play the game. There was no going along for the ride because you had to go through Houston, Oakland and Dallas all great teams. Bradshaw in the big games was a big game player and an absolutely an incredible talent.

None of that means he's opinion is based on any real insight, but he was far more than decent and along for the ride.