Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that loser drunk druggie hillbilly Terry Bradshaw rips Rex Ryan

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3715282]Terry was one of the greatest NFL QB's I ever saw play the game. There was no going along for the ride because you had to go through Houston, Oakland and Dallas all great teams. Bradshaw in the big games was a big game player and an absolutely an incredible talent.

None of that means he's opinion is based on any real insight, but he was far more than decent and along for the ride.[/QUOTE]

You have you opinion and I have mine...mine just doesn't follow the crowd

Jets Insider VIP
    The ultimate irony is that Terry Bradshaw is criticizing someone else for shooting their mouth off.

And what is all this BS about Rex not being out there making plays on the field? He's the guy who puts his players in a position to win every week (the defense primarily of course). And his players love him and they'll run through a brick wall for him. IMO he's more valuable to that team than any one player could ever be.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3715293]The ultimate irony is that Terry Bradshaw is criticizing someone else for shooting their mouth off.

And what is all this BS about Rex not being out there making plays on the field? He's the guy who puts his players in a position to win every week (the defense primarily of course). And his players love him and they'll run through a brick wall for him. IMO he's more valuable to that team than any one player could ever be.[/QUOTE]

Parcells was a master at this...although not as loud and brash as Rex, but good coaches will put the attention and pressure on themselves, and not the players.

[QUOTE=shakin318;3715156]Dude has 4 rings. I think that kinda eliminates any opportunity to call him a loser. And he's got a point about our pass protection, specifically re Slauson/Ducasse. Now the Jets fan in me wants to tell him to STFU, but really, the guy ain't a loser.[/QUOTE]

Slauson has been fine. If you watch the games he's played well. Sure if you watch HK you only see garbage -

but to be clear - every team in the NFL gives up sacks and every linemen gets beat once is a while. there will be growing pains but Slauson is playing well.

I'm outraged.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Fatty_VM;3715142]4 super bowl rings as a starting QB is pretty good for a "loser drunk druggie hillbilly."

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=shakin318;3715156]Dude has 4 rings. I think that kinda eliminates any opportunity to call him a loser. Now the Jets fan in me wants to tell him to STFU, but really, the guy ain't a loser.[/QUOTE]

No, he's a loser.

I wasn't talking about him being a loser on the football field but what he has become since then.

The guy has become an embarrassing caricature of himself.

Montana and Elway and Young won multiple SBs. Do they act like fools like TB? Those guys were and continue to be winners.

Dwight Gooden was a 4 time all-star, won 3 WSs, a Cy Young, Rookie of the Year and pitched a no-hitter. Is he still a "winner"?

Mike Tyson won the Heavy Weight Championship of the World. Is he still a "winner"?

Terry Bradshaw was a great championship QB.

But to me NOW he is a loser.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Didn't this board love ol' Terry when he bashed Roethlisberger a day or two ago?

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not surprised about Bradshaw's considering that he played for the stoic Chuck Noll. But, the bottom line is "Rex has gotta be Rex". If he tries to be something he's not, he will be a phony, and no one plays for a phony. Plus, the only thing that really counts his how his players feel about him, and as far as I can tell they love him. Finally, creation of the perception of "us against the world" is a tried and true motivational tool in all team sports.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Piper;3715364]Didn't this board love ol' Terry when he bashed Roethlisberger a day or two ago?[/QUOTE]

I didn't comment in that thread :D

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;3715356]No, he's a loser.

I wasn't talking about him being a loser on the football field but what he has become since then.

The guy has become an embarrassing caricature of himself.

Montana and Elway and Young won multiple SBs. Do they act like fools like TB? Those guys were and continue to be winners.

Dwight Gooden was a 4 time all-star, won 3 WSs, a Cy Young, Rookie of the Year and pitched a no-hitter. Is he still a "winner"?

Mike Tyson won the Heavy Weight Championship of the World. Is he still a "winner"?

Terry Bradshaw was a great championship QB.

But to me NOW he is a loser.

_[/QUOTE]

100% agreed. Terry Bradshaw is a baffoon - week in and week out he acts like fool and says foolish things.

If he agreed and liked Rex I would be worried.

Does anyone know what Terry Bradshaws opinion on Belichick cheating was ?

Which is far worst then Ryan running his mouth about all things......WINNING!!!!!

Terry Bradhshaw...welcome to the Douche Bag List.

[QUOTE=Guck the Fiants;3715270]Before one of the Super Bowls against the Cowboys, Hollywood Henderson said "He couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 'a'."

And he was right. My 4 year old is smarter than he ever dreamt of being.

And yes he has 4 rings...so does the ball boy. Terry was a decent QB, but went along for the ride on that team.[/QUOTE]

The guy could play. I saw him at Shea, I think it was his last year. Malone or some scrub was playing as Terry nursed an elbow injury. Malone could do nothing and we had a 2 Td lead I think. Terry comes in marches the team down the field for 3 Tds to beat us. He made that team better than it was my friend. Does not make his opinion valid, but you cannot say the guy was not very good at what he did.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sg3;3715236]another "expert" basing his "expert opinion on one play repeated on Hard Knocks and not on the rest of the four preseason games where [B]Slaussen[/B] was vastly better at LG than Alan Turnstile was last year.

Meanwhile AT has nearly gotten both Leinart and Anderson killed repeatedly in the Cardinals preseason[/QUOTE]

this topic will come up again soon..im sure of it

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Guck the Fiants;3715301]Parcells was a master at this...although not as loud and brash as Rex, but good coaches will put the attention and pressure on themselves, and not the players.[/QUOTE]

You're so wrong on this...Parcells was the master of putting pressure on his own players that he knew would respond. He did not call out other teams or focus it on himself...Parcells would build up the other teams and players...

Its funny to hear this coming from Bradshaw. How respectful was he to his head coach? How is his relationship with Pittsburgh? How often does he return to the city or spend time with his former teammates? Why?

When those questions get answered, you will see that it is Bradshaw that lacked class many times.....

[QUOTE=Buldawg;3715780]You're so wrong on this...Parcells was the master of putting pressure on his own players that he knew would respond. He did not call out other teams or focus it on himself...Parcells would build up the other teams and players...[/QUOTE]

different strokes.

I saw Bill Walsh run a successful team in an entirely different fashion then Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka. I saw Jimmy Johnson come in and run a successful organization, in a manner very similiar to Ryan, and do it differently then Tom Landry. Tony Dungy won in a different manner then all of them. And so on.

At the end of the day, its all about results.

All League
    bradshaw is literally an idiot, watch him during the year on fox's pre game show, he looks confused and has 0 clue about what he's talking about, so why should anyone care what he thinks about ryan?

[QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3716252]bradshaw is literally an idiot[/QUOTE]

Maybe Schroy can start yet another new poll: "Is Bradshaw literally an idiot?" Might be the only one to be 100% to 0%. I'd vote yes. :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3716027]Its funny to hear this coming from Bradshaw. How respectful was he to his head coach? How is his relationship with Pittsburgh? How often does he return to the city or spend time with his former teammates? Why?

When those questions get answered, you will see that it is Bradshaw that lacked class many times.....[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it Bradshaw (and I believe Montana) who chose to skip a Super Bowl XL pre-game tribute of all former MVPs because the NFL wouldn't pay him enough money??

Classy way to show respect for the game that was the only thing that kept him from a pumping station in Shreveport...if he could find the gas tank, that is.
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 09-05-2010 at 01:28 AM.