Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These are all the Jets cuts I have seen today.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

These are all the Jets cuts I have seen today that are official.

Kevin O'Connell - QB
    Larry Taylor - WR
    Jason Davis - FB
    Emmanuel Cook - S
    Brashton Satele - LB
    Chet Teofilo - OL
    Robby Felix - C
    Martin Tevasu - DT
    Borris Lee - LB
    Tim Knicky - LB
    Rick Foley - LB
    Ty Steinkuhler - DT
    Keith Fitzhugh - S
    Jason Lamb - DE

That's all I've see so far.

That means so far Woodhead, Clowney, Warren, Reamer, Kroul, & Washington are safe - for now.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-04-2010 at 12:40 AM.

am i the only one who liked larry taylor?

Rookie
    I liked Larry Taylor. Clearly everyone else knows more than us though.

I saw all of them as well in all the other threads [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216954[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;3715136]am i the only one who liked larry taylor?[/QUOTE]

Well Taylor's main competition was Woodhead and Clowney - both of whom bring more to the table then Taylor.

That doesn't mean they won't try and sneak Taylor onto the practice squad.

If Westhoff has any say so, I think that is where Taylor will wind up. I had the impression that Westhoff liked that kid quite a bit.

Wasn't Marcus Henry cut on Hard Knocks?

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3715141]Wasn't Marcus Henry cut on Hard Knocks?[/QUOTE]

Correct, he is already gone.

All League
    Lisa Z is reporting that Brooks Foster and Clowney will both be on the 53.

Washington and Woodhead as well.

Foster is a huge surprise to me -- not sure how they can keep 7 RBs AND 5 WRs AND 4 TEs....They absolutely have to keep 8 OLs -- right? And 3 QBs. That makes 27 on offense...again, I just don't see how those numbers could be right...but I guess we'll know tomorrow.

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;3715146]Lisa Z is reporting that Brooks Foster and Clowney will both be on the 53.

Foster is a huge surprise to me -- not sure how they can keep 7 RBs AND 5 WRs AND 4 TEs....They absolutely have to keep 8 OLs -- right? And 3 QBs. That makes 27 on offense...again, I just don't see how those numbers could be right...but I guess we'll know tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

This is what it boils down to....

Today, the Jets cut.

Davis, Taylor, Muaga, Warren, Satele, Knicky, Felix, Cook, Fitzhugh, Tevaseu, Steinkuhler, Lee, Lamb, Teofilo, Foley. To get the roster to 59.

EXPECTED to be cut tomorrow: Dan Gay, Bo Smith, Charlie Tanner, Mike Turkovich, leaving the roster at 56 players, only 53 make it.

That leaves 6 players on the roster bubble, Clowney, Foster, Jackson, Reamer, Washington, Woodhead.

With only 3 WR's on the roster Clowney OR Foster HAVE to make it.

Rex LOVES Woodhead so hes in.

No need for another ILB so Reamer is out, probably PS.

IF! Revis is back Brian Jackson is out to the PS.

Leaving Clowney, Foster, Washinton, and Woodhead for 3 spots.

Whos in? Hope i didnt confuse anyone =)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3715139]Well Taylor's main competition was Woodhead and Clowney - both of whom bring more to the table then Taylor.

That doesn't mean they won't try and sneak Taylor onto the practice squad.

If Westhoff has any say so, I think that is where Taylor will wind up. I had the impression that Westhoff liked that kid quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it will be hard to get Taylor to the PS? My understanding is that the only way another team could grab him is if they want to put him on their 53 man roster. I'm not anyone else is willing do that. Pretty safe bet that he can get to our PS, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3715154]Do you think it will be hard to get Taylor to the PS? My understanding is that the only way another team could grab him is if they want to put him on their 53 man roster. I'm not anyone else is willing do that. Pretty safe bet that he can get to our PS, right?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know you are correct.

I don't think it will be hard to get Taylor to the P.S.

It seemed like Jason Davis was pretty good, but he really had no shot with T-Rich and Terminator ahead of him.

[QUOTE=Cack89;3715152]This is what it boils down to....

Today, the Jets cut.

Davis, Taylor, Muaga, Warren, Satele, Knicky, Felix, Cook, Fitzhugh, Tevaseu, Steinkuhler, Lee, Lamb, Teofilo, Foley. To get the roster to 59.

EXPECTED to be cut tomorrow: Dan Gay, Bo Smith, Charlie Tanner, Mike Turkovich, leaving the roster at 56 players, only 53 make it.

That leaves 6 players on the roster bubble, Clowney, Foster, Jackson, Reamer, Washington, Woodhead.

Whos in? Hope i didnt confuse anyone =)[/QUOTE]

I would love to see Jackson stay even if Revis returns.

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;3715146]Lisa Z is reporting that Brooks Foster and Clowney will both be on the 53.

Foster is a huge surprise to me -- not sure how they can keep 7 RBs AND 5 WRs AND 4 TEs....They absolutely have to keep 8 OLs -- right? And 3 QBs. That makes 27 on offense...again, I just don't see how those numbers could be right...but I guess we'll know tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Think about Foster as a cheap Wallace Wright, he is here for special teams. IMO they may cut one or both Foster and Clowney, I think it's possible that they are trying to renegotiate Clowneys salary down. If Foster does make it , the Jets kept this guy under the radar.
    Could you face the Ravens with just Edwards, Cotchery , Smith and Woodhead at WR ? Extensive use of your four TE's. Coles comes back for the Patriots. Holmes in week five..

Jets Insider VIP
    OT

but the Midgets actually just sent two draft picks to the Vikings for career backup qb Sage Rosenfels and a camp fodder running back.

Glad we have Tanny and not Reese running our FO

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Cack89;3715152]This is what it boils down to....

Today, the Jets cut.

Davis, Taylor, Muaga, Warren, Satele, Knicky, Felix, Cook, Fitzhugh, Tevaseu, Steinkuhler, Lee, Lamb, Teofilo, Foley. [B]To get the roster to 59[/B].

EXPECTED to be cut tomorrow: [B]Dan Gay, Bo Smith, Charlie Tanner, Mike Turkovich, leaving the roster at 56 players[/B], only 53 make it.

Whos in? Hope i didnt confuse anyone =)[/QUOTE]

I believe that should be 55, not 56.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3715154]Do you think it will be hard to get Taylor to the PS? My understanding is that the only way another team could grab him is if they want to put him on their 53 man roster. I'm not anyone else is willing do that. Pretty safe bet that he can get to our PS, right?[/QUOTE]

this isn't quite right...

ANY team can sign ANY player to their PS. Once a player is ON a PS, THEN another team cannot sign him away unless they put him on their 53. That said, most players will sign onto the PS of the team they were in camp with rather than another team -- although they don't have to.

[QUOTE=Jasper17;3715137]I liked Larry Taylor. Clearly everyone else knows more than us though.[/QUOTE]

I also liked Taylor...Maybe a PS guy.

[QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3715173]It seemed like Jason Davis was pretty good, but he really had no shot with T-Rich and Terminator ahead of him.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah someone will pick up Jason Davis for sure.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3715304]Yeah someone will pick up Jason Davis for sure.[/QUOTE]

3 - 2 - 1 and he goes to the ................

I say Pats pick him up.