Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2:57! C-O-L-T-S '75 chant preceded J-E-T-S?

2:57! C-O-L-T-S '75 chant preceded J-E-T-S?

Ok, so Ed has told us for years that he came up with J-E-T-S in 1976 - correct? (the same year Bruce Harper was drafted) Well, watch this 1975 clip and tell me if he didnt get the idea from the [U]previous[/U] season watching this 4pm game between the Colts and the Fish (after the Jets game was already over)

PS - I couldnt stand Bert Jones back then, but, he was a heck of a QB.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEJhi_f-nV8&feature=related[/url]

:banban:

Diarrhea ChaChaCha

C-O-L-T-SHUT THE F()CK UP!

i thought everyone knew the chant came from the colts. but it just doesnt flow anywhere as good as j e t s

All League
    [QUOTE=southside;3715203]C-O-L-T-SHUT THE F()CK UP![/QUOTE]

LOL :clapper:

pffft this thread belongs in the dump. not even close to the same chant

Jets Insider VIP
    this shocking revelation has been KNOWN for about 20 years. I watched the Spoke and the Wheel do the COLTS chant in the upper deck of Shea Stadium when the Colts played the Jets.

Actually the Firefraud stole the chant from the two groups of guys who originally stole the chant from the Colts and did it from opposite upper deck endzones early after the Jets moved to NJ.

[QUOTE=sg3;3715231]this shocking revelation has been KNOWN for about 20 years. I watched the Spoke and the Wheel do the COLTS chant in the upper deck of Shea Stadium when the Colts played the Jets.

Actually the Firefraud stole the chant from the two groups of guys who originally stole the chant from the Colts and did it from opposite upper deck endzones early after the Jets moved to NJ.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Donnie Schafter started the chant at Shea stadium. He tried to keep up the chant at the meadowlands in the upper deck until around 1998-2000 until Firemen Ed got all of the fanfare, then he just died out. I remember as a kid Donnie would bring a bag of candy before the game and throw it to everybody around section 319 and 320. Great memories.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsfan110;3715248]You're right. Donnie Schafter started the chant at Shea stadium. He tried to keep up the chant at the meadowlands in the upper deck until around 1998-2000 until Firemen Ed got all of the fanfare, then he just died out. I remember as a kid Donnie would bring a bag of candy before the game and throw it to everybody around section 319 and 320. Great memories.[/QUOTE]

WOW............. whoever this Donnie fellow is, he should get in the ring of honor.

He's sort of like Pete Best......

F*CK the COLTS, we as a franchise and fan base have mastered the chant. Perhaps they started it...but the greatest of anything is rarely the first.

We have to pay the Colts organization a nickle every time we do it.

[QUOTE=Schroy48;3715191]Ok, so Ed has told us for years that he came up with J-E-T-S in 1976 - correct? (the same year Bruce Harper was drafted) Well, watch this 1975 clip and tell me if he didnt get the idea from the [U]previous[/U] season watching this 4pm game between the Colts and the Fish (after the Jets game was already over)

PS - I couldnt stand Bert Jones back then, but, he was a heck of a QB.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEJhi_f-nV8&feature=related[/url][/QUOTE]

I am sorry to burst your bubble but Fireman Ed NEVER EVER invented that chant.... There was a guy in the 300 section the complete opposite of ed that did it for a long time... and then there were two guys doing it one on each corner of the endzone basically fighting.... And then Fireman Ed started... got all the fame for it and claims he started it but its simple not true.....

Fireman Ed became a Jet fan in the mid-late 70's after being a Miami fan.... This Chant goes back to Shea stadium days

Jets Insider VIP
    Firefraud Ed helped write the Dolphins faggy fight song, though while wearing his number 42 Warfield jersey but his D-O-L-P-H-I-N-S chant never took off so he headed north and found his spot in front of the cameras at the Meadowlands

Threads like this make me miss DWC2.

[SIZE="1"](not really)[/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Schroy48;3715191]Ok, so Ed has told us for years that he came up with J-E-T-S in 1976 - correct? [/QUOTE]

I don't recall him ever making that claim.

Link, please.

the E-A-G-L-E-S chant is fron the 50's or earlier... so it's safe to say the Jets weren't the first team to spell something

Rookie
    I was not around back then, but sometime this past off season there was an article which went into the history of the chant a bit. Form what I remember the chant actually began with a basketball team sometime ago (not sure college or pro). Even with the Jets Chant history Fireman Ed was not the one that started, he just kept it going. I recall some sort of discussion about how the end zones would sort of have a chant off so to speak prior to Ed's time..?

[QUOTE=sg3;3715329]Firefraud Ed while wearing his number 42 Warfield D-O-L-P-H-I-N-S[/QUOTE]

He should be tarred and feathered every sunday for this!!! :steamin:

[QUOTE=sg3;3715231]Actually the Firefraud stole the chant from the two groups of guys who originally stole the chant from the Colts and did it from opposite upper deck endzones early after the Jets moved to NJ.[/QUOTE]

This sounds very plausible :yes:

PS - I'm not saying Ed started it, I'm saying Ed SAYS he started it. And, yes, I remember opposite endzones competing at Shea :( (good memories)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;3715817]He should be tarred and feathered every sunday for this!!! :steamin:[/QUOTE]

You suck at the internet