Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: It seems that negotiating with Revis is history

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bombdogne;3716339]If Revis sits out till game four or 5 and tries to play without training camp he will get injured. Players who skip training camp and try to get in shape during the season usually end up with a major injury. The jets would be better off to stick their guns then to pay him big money and then play a couple games and go on IR[/QUOTE]

If Mankins sits out till game four or 5 and tries to play without training camp he will get injured. Players who skip training camp and try to get in shape during the season usually end up with a major injury. The Pats would be better off to stick their guns then to pay him big money and then play a couple games and go on IR

I cannot believe that any of this has happened. I cannot believe that Revis will sit the entire season. I cannot believe that Revis will never play another down for the NYJ's. :eek:

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3716356]I cannot believe that any of this has happened. I cannot believe that Revis will sit the entire season. I cannot believe that Revis will never play another down for the NYJ's. :eek:[/QUOTE]

second holdout on the same contract in three years, what is so hard to believe???
    the guy is a greedy mf'er who does not belong on our JETS!

Jets Insider VIP
    let him, his stinking agents and Unca Sean all ROT

All Pro
    Since this seems to be the latest 'active' thread on he-who-shall-not-be-named, I found this little blurb interesting:

[quote=foxsports]
    Dockett's deal: Actions typically speak louder than words, and that's a lesson that Arizona defensive tackle Darnell Dockett seemed to learn this year.

In 2009, Dockett skipped most of the Cardinals' offseason program, lobbying loud and long for a contract extension, even though club officials weren't about to award him one with three years remaining on his existing deal.

This year, for the most part (OK, there were some Twitter excesses, and Dockett even took an on-line shower), Dockett stayed quiet and kept mouthpiece/agent Drew Rosenhaus under control.

Almost as important, the six-year veteran diligently participated in the offseason program, and the new tack paid off handsomely when Dockett got a four-year, $48.5 million extension on Wednesday afternoon. Dockett will get a $15 million option bonus (essentially like a signing bonus) next spring.

He is under contract now through 2015. It will be worth watching to see how long Dockett, one of the NFL's premier defensive linemen, stays happy. Rosenhaus did an extension for Marcus Stroud (then in Jacksonville) a few years ago, and the veteran lineman was quietly griping a couple years later about the deal.

Dockett has 20 sacks the past three seasons, the most among all interior linemen in the league. He gets a $2.5 million escalator for 2014 if he has eight sacks in any of the seasons 2010 through 2013. Don't bet against him. Dockett has just one season with more than eight sacks, nine in 2007, but he can rush the passer from the inside as well as (perhaps better than) anyone else in the league.
    [/quote]

Seriously...don't this just say it all?

1) He held out with 3 years on his contract and got squat
    2) He came back with 2 years left, participated, stayed reasonably quiet, and got a huge deal
    3) There are already questions before he even plays a down of his new deal about whether he'll honor the entire deal.

Hat trick!

[QUOTE=sg3;3716382]let him, his stinking agents and Unca Sean all ROT[/QUOTE]
    You can add Grandma to rot in hell as well...she rasied Uncle Sean and contributed to the greed the whole family has