Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF this rumor true Media going to have field day with Al Davis

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

IF this rumor true Media going to have field day with Al Davis

THe rumor out there is Raiders are prepared to cut their 2 RD pick in the 2009 draft Safety Mike Mitchell today. (Raiders were killed for drafting him that early)

A couple things working against M Mitchell. Mike Mitchell is best suited for SS. He stuck behind SS Tyvon Branch who should be a Probowl Safety this year. S Stevie Brown coming out of nowhere who always around the football who just seems to be an overrall better player than Mitchell . Stevie Brown coverage is alot better than Mitchell. Stevie Brown just might win the starting FS job.

Last thing working against Mitchell is Raiders seem like they love both rookie Cb's Walter Mcfadden and Jeremy Ware. Raiders keep both and they can probably move last year starting CB Chris Johnson (fastest Raider) to safety Fs.

Btw Mike Mitchell will be a player in the NFl, just might not be with the Raiders.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3TmFAAAQqc[/url]
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-04-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    are they also cutting their first round bust Heyward-Bey?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3715240]are they also cutting their first round bust Heyward-Bey?[/QUOTE]

Be serious...they can't cut ALL their draft busts...
    you gotta have 53 players!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    branch...pro bowl...lmao

will heyward bey also make the pro bowl?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Im sure they will kill him for it, maybe some will take it as a good sign for the team as they are starting to finally admit their mistakes of the past few years and move onward. Maybe Davis is finally so far gone that others are getting to run the organization.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3715239]THe rumor out there is Raiders are prepared to cut their 2 RD pick in the 2009 draft Safety Mike Mitchell today. (Raiders were killed for drafting him that early)

A couple things working against M Mitchell. Mike Mitchell is best suited for SS. He stuck behind SS Tyvon Branch who should be a Probowl Safety this year. S Stevie Brown coming out of nowhere who always around the football who just seems to be an overrall better player than Mitchell . Stevie Brown coverage is alot better than Mitchell. Stevie Brown just might win the starting FS job.

Last thing working against Mitchell is Raiders seem like they love both rookie Cb's Walter Mcfadden and Jeremy Ware. Raiders keep both and they can probably move last year starting CB Chris Johnson (fastest Raider) to safety Fs.

Btw Mike Mitchell will be a player in the NFl, just might not be with the Raiders.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3TmFAAAQqc[/url][/QUOTE]

Who cares? I mean, other than you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better be careful with Stevie Brown at safety. I know about, oh, say, 119,501 people who felt the pain of relying on him to play in that role.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone should kill Al Davis... the senile bastard had a hand in ****ing things up w/ Revis via the Asomougha contract. :mad2:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah blah blah, every player on the Raiders is a pro bowler, so they can aford to release drafted players.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    But Bitonti was just telling us how brilliant Al Davis is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=child please;3715612]But Bitonti was just telling us how brilliant Al Davis is.[/QUOTE]

Davis is also the only owner to draft both a punter and kicker in the 1st rd..:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3715621]Davis is also the only owner to draft both a punter and kicker in the 1st rd..:eek:[/QUOTE]

Do you know this as a fact? Or do you just KNOW it cause it's so ridiculous. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3715634]Do you know this as a fact? Or do you just KNOW it cause it's so ridiculous. :D[/QUOTE]

Look at 2000 and 1973... I don't make stuff up..

[url]http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/raiders.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3715239]THe rumor out there is Raiders are prepared to cut their 2 RD pick in the 2009 draft Safety Mike Mitchell today. (Raiders were killed for drafting him that early)

A couple things working against M Mitchell. Mike Mitchell is best suited for SS. He stuck behind SS Tyvon Branch who should be a Probowl Safety this year. [B]S Stevie Brown coming out of nowhere who always around the football who just seems to be an overrall better player than Mitchell . Stevie Brown coverage is alot better than Mitchell. Stevie Brown just might win the starting FS job. [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

sorry bro- i went on record saying Stevie Brown was a better player than his college teammate- donovan warren....

brown's problem was everyone watched him out of position at outside linebacker as a senior and dismissed his junior season when he was a terrific safety for UM...and the Jets were considering him....

[url]http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210332[/url]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-04-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3715637]Look at 2000 and 1973... I don't make stuff up..

[url]http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/raiders.html[/url][/QUOTE]

he also used five out of six first round picks on DB's starting in 2001 and they all sucked except for Asomugha

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3715637]Look at 2000 and 1973... I don't make stuff up..

[url]http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/raiders.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I wasn't implying you were... just that it's so ridiculous that you wouldn't even need proof because no one would request it. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=child please;3715612]But Bitonti was just telling us how brilliant Al Davis is.[/QUOTE]

hahahahahhahaha, i was just about to say that

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3715649]I wasn't implying you were... just that it's so ridiculous that you wouldn't even need proof because no one would request it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ray Guy was a hell of a punter though..:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3715641]dismissed his junior season when he was a terrific safety for UM[/QUOTE]

No.

Read some of sabermetric studies conducted by Brian Cook of mgoblog:

[URL="http://mgoblog.com/search/google?cx=004467431547414100797%3A06pnh4drndu&cof=FORID%3A11&query=stevie+brown&op=Search&form_build_id=form-c8affa23d3e64c4d7c68e1dbf7bb3405&form_id=google_cse_searchbox_form#963"]Search page[/URL]

Stevie was an athletic freak who was straight up dreadful at safety in spots as a sophomore and at all times as a junior. He had a good year at a hybrid linebacker/safety spot as a senior. It doesn't surprise me that he's ready to play in the NFL as he always had the physical tools, but to say that he played well at U of M makes predicting his success seem like an overlooked given as opposed to a hidden possibility.

BTW much respect for calling out Warren, CBTNY - both of us were right on that one. You're right most the time but you're off base here.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Paranoid Jet;3715670]No.

Read some of sabermetric studies conducted by Brian Cook of mgoblog:

[URL="http://mgoblog.com/search/google?cx=004467431547414100797%3A06pnh4drndu&cof=FORID%3A11&query=stevie+brown&op=Search&form_build_id=form-c8affa23d3e64c4d7c68e1dbf7bb3405&form_id=google_cse_searchbox_form#963"]Search page[/URL]

Stevie was an athletic freak who was straight up dreadful at safety in spots as a sophomore and at all times as a junior. He had a good year at a hybrid linebacker/safety spot as a senior. It doesn't surprise me that he's ready to play in the NFL as he always had the physical tools, but to say that he played well at U of M makes predicting his success seem like an overlooked given as opposed to a hidden possibility.

BTW much respect for calling out Warren, CBTNY - both of us were right on that one. You're right most the time but you're off base here.[/QUOTE]

1- what am i looking for at your link?? edit- i checked it out...some interesting stuff but all for naught if brown makes an active roster...

2- what am i off base on?? when i watched the '08 film in the summer of '09 i saw Brown make plays at safety and thought he was a guy that offered a ton of upside...i never thought he was a star but there was something to his game that made anyone who watched him take notice...we had this discussion last summer i believe...with some players you have to take into fact the shape of program, such as UM which is in sh!t shape (UConn wins by 10 today) meaning not too many players are playing "well"...steve schiiling being the '10 version...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-04-2010 at 02:16 PM.