Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open letter to Mike Tannenbaum

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Open letter to Mike Tannenbaum

Dear Mr. Tannenbaum: Due to the fact the 2010 NFL season is about to begin. Your on going negotiation with all pro CB Darrelle Revis agents is not an option to put this football team at risk to what Rex Ryan and staff and this organization is trying to accomplish.

It is quite clear his agents are asking for an enormous contract after only one good season with three years remaining on a six yrs. contract. If he comes back now he puts this team at a risk to lose it all even before we start the season by creating dissention amongst players and fans.

[B]I urge you to cease contract negotiations with Mr. Revis agents until the 2010 season is over.

concerned loyal jet fan. [/B]
    Last edited by TechJet; 09-04-2010 at 10:05 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    An Open letter to YOU,

If you can't spell "negotiations", you shouldn't be talking about them. :)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3715350]An Open letter to YOU,

If you can't spell "negotiations", you shouldn't be talking about them. :)[/QUOTE]

sorry my bad! but I guess you get the point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say he's only had 1 good season.

But yeah I'm ready to just move on without him, for better or for worse.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say trade him to the Raiders for 3 first round picks but I think I would rather
    see him rot as well!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;3715347]Dear Mr. Tannenbaum: Due to the fact the 2010 NFL season is about to begin. Your on going neagoation with all pro CB Darrelle Revis agents is not an option to put this football team at risk to what Rex Ryan and staff and this organization is trying to accomplish.

It is quite clear his agents are asking for an enormous contract after only one good season with three years remaining on a six yrs. contract. If he comes back now he puts this team at a risk to lose it all even before we start the season by creating dissention amongst players and fans.

[B]I urge you to cease contract neagoations with Mr. Revis agents until the 2010 season is over.

concerned loyal jet fan. [/B][/QUOTE]

F - Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;3715347]Dear Mr. Tannenbaum: Due to the fact the 2010 NFL season is about to begin. Your on going neagoation with all pro CB Darrelle Revis agents is not an option to put this football team at risk to what Rex Ryan and staff and this organization is trying to accomplish.

It is quite clear his agents are asking for an enormous contract after only one good season with three years remaining on a six yrs. contract. [B][U]If he comes back now he puts this team at a risk to lose it all even before we start the season by creating dissention amongst players and fans[/U].
    [/B]
    I urge you to cease contract neagoations with Mr. Revis agents until the 2010 season is over.

concerned loyal jet fan[B]. [/B][/QUOTE]

:huh:

How does creating dissension amongst fans lose games????

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disagree completely. Tannenbaums job is to put the best team on the field today and tomorrow. I want him locked in a room with Revis's agents until the Jets are either in the playoffs or eliminated from them.

Revis makes the team better today. A bad deal may make us worse tomorrow but until a deal is done there is no reason not to continue to work toward a reasonable deal for both sides.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    mike t can only play the cards he's dealt

woody is the one who signs off on super large transactions

remember mike t put together vinny t and curtis martin's contract when Parcells told him to... he will do what you tell him to do

woody is telling Mike only sign this guy for X money and whatever X money is, Revis team says that's not enough. that's why this isn't getting done. the GM doesn't have the juice to sign a 10 mil check to Revis all by himself.

my stance is whatever X money is, should be X * 2 cause that's how much Revis means to this team. And winning ain't cheap. Im not going to worry about 2012 season 1 week before the 2010 MNF debut. that's a bullsh-t way to go through life.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=buckeye;3715361]I would say trade him to the Raiders for 3 first round picks but I think I would rather
    see him rot as well![/QUOTE]

Sending him to the Raiders is making him rot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3715472]mike t can only play the cards he's dealt

woody is the one who signs off on super large transactions

remember mike t put together vinny t and curtis martin's contract when Parcells told him to... he will do what you tell him to do

woody is telling Mike only sign this guy for X money and whatever X money is, Revis team says that's not enough. that's why this isn't getting done. the GM doesn't have the juice to sign a 10 mil check to Revis all by himself.

my stance is whatever X money is, should be X * 2 cause that's how much Revis means to this team. And winning ain't cheap. Im not going to worry about 2012 season 1 week before the 2010 MNF debut. that's a bullsh-t way to go through life.[/QUOTE]

Dude, do you not understand that there WILL be a salary cap in the new CBA??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis wants $16,000,000/year over 10 years.

He was offered more than $10,000,000/year to play and its not enough.

Revis wants to be the best paid athelete in the universe.

NO OTHER NFL TEAM WILL MAKE REVIS THE BEST PAID IN THE UNIVERSE.

All of this trade talk is off the mark. No one wants this particular player at this particular time.

Hes the Jets problem alone.

IMO

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;3715347]Dear Mr. Tannenbaum: Due to the fact the 2010 NFL season is about to begin. Your on going negotiation with all pro CB Darrelle Revis agents is not an option to put this football team at risk to what Rex Ryan and staff and this organization is trying to accomplish.

[B]I urge you to cease contract negotiations with Mr. Revis agents until the 2010 season is over.

+1000

tell Revis, Schwartz, Feinsnot and Unca Sean the offer is 120M, the guarantee is as stated, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

If we don't see your lazy ass in camp by Tuesday, sit and rot for the next three years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;3715347]Dear Mr. Tannenbaum: Due to the fact the 2010 NFL season is about to begin. Your on going negotiation with all pro CB Darrelle Revis agents is not an option to put this football team at risk to what Rex Ryan and staff and this organization is trying to accomplish.

An Open Letter to a 'Loyal' Jet Fan.
    From Leon Washington

3 years ago the Jets made me choose from the following:
    a long term contact with an injury clause and low dollars or
    a short term contract with no clause

In the prior years Schotty gave the ball far more to the anemic Thomas Jones because they were in love, and I got to play on special teams. I got the ball when TJ was tired.
    BAM - an injury takes me down for the year, but I show up strong in rehab. Regardless, the Jets eject me and I'm picked up in Seattle.
    Where was your loyalty here?
    Why does the Jets organization lock these talented players into long term contracts? Why can't they just respect the athlete?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3715496]Revis wants $16,000,000/year over 10 years.

All of this trade talk is off the mark. No one wants this particular player at this particular time.

IMO[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DaveInNNJ;3715500]An Open Letter to a 'Loyal' Jet Fan.
    From Leon Washington

3 years ago the Jets made me choose from the following:
    a long term contact with an injury clause and low dollars or
    a short term contract with no clause

In the prior years Schotty gave the ball far more to the anemic Thomas Jones because they were in love, and I got to play on special teams. I got the ball when TJ was tired.
    BAM - an injury takes me down for the year, but I show up strong in rehab. Regardless, the Jets eject me and I'm picked up in Seattle.
    Where was your loyalty here?
    Why does the Jets organization lock these talented players into long term contracts? Why can't they just respect the athlete?[/QUOTE]

Dear Dave

The Jets made Leon a more than fair offer. His idiot agent (from the Schwartz and Feinsod Academy for Idiot Agents) Alvin "The Chipmunk" Keels told him to reject it. He ended up with bubkus

Become a "loyal" Seahawks fan.

Thank you

Jet fans

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3715496]Revis wants $16,000,000/year over 10 years.

IMO[/QUOTE]

I so want to curse you Mr Patsie, but you're 100% correct.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;3715493]Dude, do you not understand that there WILL be a salary cap in the new CBA??[/QUOTE]

Noone seems to really understand that.......plus next year , if i'm not mistaken, we'll have Edwards, Holmes and Harris as free agents as well....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also in the camp of - Shut talks down, the Jets tried to move heaven and earth, they're now basically being extorted.

Move on, we have our team. It's the 2010 season. I don't want to hear Revis' name again until the season ends....in February.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3715350]An Open letter to YOU,

If you can't spell "negotiations", you shouldn't be talking about them. :)[/QUOTE]

All capitals for 'you'? That is a no no. As is putting a comma after the 'YOU' and then starting a new sentence. tsk tsk