Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Open letter to Mike Tannenbaum

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3715557]All capitals for 'you'? That is a no no. As is putting a comma after the 'YOU' and then starting a new sentence. tsk tsk[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't his comma have been inside the quotes? ..."negotiations," instead of "negotiations",

Just asking.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3715508]Dear Dave

The Jets made Leon a more than fair offer. His idiot agent (from the Schwartz and Feinsod Academy for Idiot Agents) Alvin "The Chipmunk" Keels told him to reject it. He ended up with bubkus

Become a "loyal" Seahawks fan.

Thank you

Jet fans[/QUOTE]

Yup Leon's camp got greedy (most likely led by his ghetto fab wife). Love Leon but how much leverage did he think he had? Very dynamic player though, hope he does well in SEA.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3715558]Shouldn't his comma have been inside the quotes? [B]...[/B]"negotiations," instead of "negotiations",

Just asking.[/QUOTE]

Never start a sentence with an ellipsis.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DaveInNNJ;3715500]

Where was your loyalty here?
    [/QUOTE]

It was with us Jets. However, your people got greedy wanted too much and your Jet carreer became history. We still like you and wish you all the best. I must remind you the average yrs for a RB in the modern NFL is a measly 2.5 yrs. stay healthy man.

[QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;3715493]Dude, do you not understand that there WILL be a salary cap in the new CBA??[/QUOTE]

the Jets need great player in 2010 more than they need cap space in 2012.

Jets Insider VIP
    Before Rex, Revis was a very good corner

After Rex, he became a great shutdown corner

By next season, with Rex, Cro and Wilson will both be considered great shutdown corners too

[QUOTE=sg3;3715707]Before Rex, Revis was a very good corner

After Rex, he became a great shutdown corner

By next season, with Rex, Cro and Wilson will both be considered great shutdown corners too[/QUOTE]

wishful thinking. how is cro gonna get as good as revis? by eating cheese burgers on the practice field?

this team needs this player.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3715713]this team needs this player.[/QUOTE]

Then you tweet him, telling him $122 mil is not so bad

Football coaches say it's a team game and it's not about 1 guy. That's bull****. They are telling themselves lies to sleep at night. It's about a few players.

Sanchez yes is one of those guys. Revis is the Sanchez of the defense. And the defense is better than the offense. Do that math, he's their best player and their first 3 games are Boldin, Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall. what is the average yearly income for those 3 guys? Revis should lock them down for no money down? I don't think so.

I've never played Pro ball. but i've played HS and College, and if your team's best player isn't there, it's a blow to the whole locker room. Just knowing that dude is out there makes you play better. Losing that guy is a punch to the gut.

It might sound like crap but trust me, football is a game of confidence and momentum. the difference between these NFL teams isn't pure talent it's about what these men believe they can accomplish.

With Revis they can accomplish anything.

Without him... it's all good until a #1 WR starts popping off. then the wheels could fall off. this offense without holmes can't come from behind and it doesn't matter what the O does if no one can stop the #1 Wr. It's a dangerous game and the Jets are valuing money over wins.

Pay him some J&J Stock with the bonus money....

[url]http://www.dailyfinance.com/quotes/johnson-and-johnson/jnj/nys[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TechJet;3715347]Dear Mr. Tannenbaum: Due to the fact the 2010 NFL season is about to begin. Your on going negotiation with all pro CB Darrelle Revis agents is not an option to put this football team at risk to what Rex Ryan and staff and this organization is trying to accomplish.

It is quite clear his agents are asking for an enormous contract after only one good season with three years remaining on a six yrs. contract. If he comes back now he puts this team at a risk to lose it all even before we start the season by creating dissention amongst players and fans.

[B]I urge you to cease contract negotiations with Mr. Revis agents until the 2010 season is over.

concerned loyal jet fan. [/B][/QUOTE]

DITTO from this Jets fan in Central florida. SCREW Mevi$ before he screws us! I'd trade him to the worst team in the NFC for several picks. in the long run we will do much better then keeping this greedy sob.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3715731]Football coaches say it's a team game and it's not about 1 guy. That's bull****. They are telling themselves lies to sleep at night. It's about a few players.

Sanchez yes is one of those guys. Revis is the Sanchez of the defense. And the defense is better than the offense. Do that math, he's their best player and their first 3 games are Boldin, Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall. what is the average yearly income for those 3 guys? Revis should lock them down for no money down? I don't think so.

I've never played Pro ball. but i've played HS and College, and if your team's best player isn't there, it's a blow to the whole locker room. Just knowing that dude is out there makes you play better. Losing that guy is a punch to the gut.

It might sound like crap but trust me, football is a game of confidence and momentum. the difference between these NFL teams isn't pure talent it's about what these men believe they can accomplish.

With Revis they can accomplish anything.

Without him... it's all good until a #1 WR starts popping off. then the wheels could fall off. this offense without holmes can't come from behind and it doesn't matter what the O does if no one can stop the #1 Wr. It's a dangerous game and the Jets are valuing money over wins.[/QUOTE]

Oh you mean like when PHIL SIMMS went down and Hostetler stepped in and won a Super Bowl for them! This is a TEAM game and it calls for TEAM players like Mangold, Brick. The loser types like MEVI$ can only serve to line their pockets and disrupt the entire clunhouse. Its better to trade the greedy sob after the season. Why allow a sbag like him to enter the clubhouse and have his stench premeate the air? We have too many kids that are going to be great players themselves. Why allow him to ruin them by his constant crying for more money?

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3715747]Oh you mean like when PHIL SIMMS went down and Hostetler stepped in and won a Super Bowl for them! [/QUOTE]

Revis isn't Phil Simms in that metaphor, he's Lawrence Taylor.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3715752]Revis isn't Phil Simms in that metaphor, he's Lawrence Taylor.[/QUOTE]

If Revis actually impacted the game like Lawrence Taylor he would actually be worth QB money.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3715754]If Revis actually impacted the game like Lawrence Taylor he would actually be worth QB money.[/QUOTE]

LT was the greatest defender of all time. Revis is not that good but he's in that category of defender. He could be the best CB in the modern era. He's what if Deion sanders was a half step slower but wanted to tackle.

no it's not as good as LT but in Rex's 46 it's as important than a beast pass rusher.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3715757]LT was the greatest defender of all time. Revis is not that good but he's in that category of defender. He could be the best CB in the modern era. He's what if Deion sanders was a half step slower but wanted to tackle.

no it's not as good as LT but in Rex's 46 it's as important than a beast pass rusher.[/QUOTE]

Could be isn't the same as is. LT was the best defender in the NFL the first day he came to camp. Revis was a very good CB who has had one great year in Rex's system.

The Jets D might well be better with a decent CB and a quality pass rusher who costs less than Revis. We don't have that so obviously having Revis is very important. It's not so important that you handicap this teams future for a one year run.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 09-04-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3715752]Revis isn't Phil Simms in that metaphor, he's Lawrence Taylor.[/QUOTE]

MEVI$ is neither! He is : AWOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    :eek:[QUOTE=bitonti;3715757]LT was the greatest defender of all time. Revis is not that good but he's in that category of defender. He could be the best CB in the modern era. He's what if Deion sanders was a half step slower but wanted to tackle.

no it's not as good as LT but in Rex's 46 it's as important than a beast pass rusher.[/QUOTE]

Off the basis of ONE great season! WOW! You are surely a personnel evaluator whiz. Please call WOODY JOHNSON immediately and advise him that he can have your services for a mere $16 million a year. He could fire Mr.T who obviously is in over his head!:eek:( not). I guess D-Rex will have to change his entire defensive scheme without the greedy one playing. Look at all the games we won and the championship banner hanging in Florham Park as a result of Mevi$ inspirational play.:zzz::zzz:

The emotional garbage being spewed on here is why most people aren't fit to hold positions of leadership.

"Screw Revis! We'll show him!"

Yeah, "moving on" without our best player is a great idea! :rolleyes:

I also love how people have morphed Revis into some kind of malignant force. That's something people have pulled out of their collective ass.

Another hilarious group are the "1 good year" crowd. It sucks that you have to pay for PFF's player rankings now, but in 2008 Revis was just as good as Asomugha (he actually finished rated marginally higher). In 2009 he was miles ahead of any other corner. That's 2/3 years as either the best or the 2nd best corner in the league. Also, it shows the difference between Revis and the rest of the corners in the league. The difference between 2008 Revis and 2009 Revis is the difference between him and the next best corner in the league. That's a huge gulf.

Also, I think that Revis would be incredibly stupid to sign any 10 year deal. 10 years is a long time. The salary cap was $67M in 2001. Last year it was $128M. The highest paid corner made $5.03M in 2001, the only one over $5M. 17 corners made that much last year, the highest paid corner made $13.68M last year (Champ Bailey).

The salary cap does not stay the same. Player salaries do not stay the same. League revenues do not stay the same. They all increase EVERY year, and by quite a bit. The current 10 year $122 million offer will have him outside of the top 10 highest paid corners within 5 years, at which point, yes, he'd probably hold out again. The 10 year deal makes a lot of sense for the Jets, I've never understood why Revis would want one.

Paying him $16M would hurt, right now, but would get more manageable every year, and would be a non-issue in 3-4 years. People have massively overstated the "crippling" effect such a deal would have on the team: "OMG!!!! If we pay him that much we won't be able to sign ANYONE!!!!!" False. We're actually WAY below where the cap was last year right now. If the cap had gone up another $12 million, like it did the year before, we could pay Revis his $16M and still have about $10M in cap room left over, which would be more cap room than we had last year. Tanny has done such a masterful job managing the cap that we could give Revis his mega-deal, if Woody was OK with writing the check, without doing any significant harm cap-wise.

After collecting all of this information, I no longer believe Tannenbaum has any part in this. This is about the internal budget that the Jets are operating on right now.

[QUOTE=JB1089;3715819]The emotional garbage being spewed on here is why most people aren't fit to hold positions of leadership.

"Screw Revis! We'll show him!"

Yeah, "moving on" without our best player is a great idea! :rolleyes:

I also love how people have morphed Revis into some kind of malignant force. That's something people have pulled out of their collective ass.

Another hilarious group are the "1 good year" crowd. It sucks that you have to pay for PFF's player rankings now, but in 2008 Revis was just as good as Asomugha (he actually finished rated marginally higher). In 2009 he was miles ahead of any other corner. That's 2/3 years as either the best or the 2nd best corner in the league. Also, it shows the difference between Revis and the rest of the corners in the league. The difference between 2008 Revis and 2009 Revis is the difference between him and the next best corner in the league. That's a huge gulf.

Also, I think that Revis would be incredibly stupid to sign any 10 year deal. 10 years is a long time. The salary cap was $67M in 2001. Last year it was $128M. The highest paid corner made $5.03M in 2001, the only one over $5M. 17 corners made that much last year, the highest paid corner made $13.68M last year (Champ Bailey).

The salary cap does not stay the same. Player salaries do not stay the same. League revenues do not stay the same. They all increase EVERY year, and by quite a bit. The current 10 year $122 million offer will have him outside of the top 10 highest paid corners within 5 years, at which point, yes, he'd probably hold out again. The 10 year deal makes a lot of sense for the Jets, I've never understood why Revis would want one.

Paying him $16M would hurt, right now, but would get more manageable every year, and would be a non-issue in 3-4 years. People have massively overstated the "crippling" effect such a deal would have on the team: "OMG!!!! If we pay him that much we won't be able to sign ANYONE!!!!!" False. We're actually WAY below where the cap was last year right now. If the cap had gone up another $12 million, like it did the year before, we could pay Revis his $16M and still have about $10M in cap room left over, which would be more cap room than we had last year. Tanny has done such a masterful job managing the cap that we could give Revis his mega-deal, if Woody was OK with writing the check, without doing any significant harm cap-wise.

After collecting all of this information, I no longer believe Tannenbaum has any part in this. This is about the internal budget that the Jets are operating on right now.[/QUOTE]

So you're the FINAL SAY in the matter?

Where were you months ago? We could have saved ourselves so much heartache and despair:rolleyes:

The fact that Tanny IS such a good negotiator is what tells me Greedis is asking too much.

You'd rather assume financial restraints on the Jets part (even though there's no TANGIBLE proof to back it up)

Feel free to keep your parttime GM job and tell the rest of us why we're so off base.

I'll be too busy rooting for the guys who DO show up for work . . .