Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open letter to Mike Tannenbaum

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense BIT, but the Giants Def was not the same without LT. Rex has had a top 5 defense almost every year of his career, and on top of that, he never had a corner in the same stratosphere as Revis.

THis is not about Revis the player. Everyone agrees how good he is, whether you agree with his stance or not. This is really about the Jets. Is any one player bigger then the team? That's the question here.

Regardless of if you believe there is a budget, or restrictions, or whatever, the truth is the JEts have not looked cheap once since Woody took over. Suddenly, their best player, who they approached to renegotiate the contract, and they are the cheap one.

Does anyone realize the JEts would like nothing more then this Revis situation to be resolved, so if that is the case, it is obvious that based on everything, they do not feel his demands are good for the team.

So no matter what you think, this is of Revis's doing. If you believe that one player is bigger then the team, even a star player, then you are not going to agree with the Jets. However, if you believe in team football, you know that Revis is to blame, and his agents.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3715731]Football coaches say it's a team game and it's not about 1 guy. That's bull****. They are telling themselves lies to sleep at night. It's about a few players.

Sanchez yes is one of those guys. Revis is the Sanchez of the defense. And the defense is better than the offense. Do that math, he's their best player and their first 3 games are Boldin, Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall. what is the average yearly income for those 3 guys? Revis should lock them down for no money down? I don't think so.

I've never played Pro ball. but i've played HS and College, and if your team's best player isn't there, it's a blow to the whole locker room. Just knowing that dude is out there makes you play better. Losing that guy is a punch to the gut.

It might sound like crap but trust me, football is a game of confidence and momentum. the difference between these NFL teams isn't pure talent it's about what these men believe they can accomplish.

With Revis they can accomplish anything.

Without him... it's all good until a #1 WR starts popping off. then the wheels could fall off. this offense without holmes can't come from behind and it doesn't matter what the O does if no one can stop the #1 Wr. It's a dangerous game and the Jets are valuing money over wins.[/QUOTE]

Your really going down with the ship on this one aren't you? Revis being here at any cost...does not GUARANTEE a super bowl. The Jets "valuing money" is the correct play. Signing one player to obscene money does not guarantee a thing...except that you put your team in a bad spot for seasons to come.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I was the first to say it and was chided vehemently by everyone here. Trade his royal greediness to Oakland TB or STL and let him languish in losses.

But I doubt those team even want him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3715713]wishful thinking. how is cro gonna get as good as revis? by eating cheese burgers on the practice field?

this team needs this player.[/QUOTE]

As compared to Revis faking being sick or injured on the practice field or not there at all, i will take my chances with the guy eating a cheese burger......:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    we had his royal highness, king of greed here in 2008 Bit and WE SUCKED, especially our defensive backs.

we had his royal highness, king of greed here last season and didn't make it to the superbowl.

Cro-Wilson is miles better than last years combo of HRH, KOG and Sheppard

LET HIM ROT

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3715555]I'm also in the camp of - Shut talks down, the Jets tried to move heaven and earth, they're now basically being extorted.

Move on, we have our team. It's the 2010 season. I don't want to hear Revis' name again until the season ends....in February.[/QUOTE]
    +1 Just so glad the Revis jersey I bought was a knock off for 38 bucks I will have no problem throwing it on the fire this fall. Screw him I hated this greedy prick when he held out as a rook and I hate him now

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;3716010]As compared to Revis faking being sick or injured on the practice field or not there at all, i will take my chances with the guy eating a cheese burger......:yes:[/QUOTE]

good point

cro was here

his royal highness was eating big macs with his shyster scumbag agents and fat retarded scumbag Unca Sean

let him rot

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3716014]good point

cro was here

his royal highness was eating big macs with his shyster scumbag agents and fat retarded scumbag Unca Sean

let him rot[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I say we raise enough money to help reimburse the JETS to pay his salary and sit him on the bench.

Last time I checked, a superbowl was won without a Revis on the team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    in 2008 with Revis here, our defense sucked-- particularly our defensive backs that were mostly toast

in 2009 with Revis here, our defense was good - did we win a Super bowl -- NO

in 2010 with Rex here and Wilson and Cro as our starting corners, we are miles better than with Revis and Sheppard

LET HIM ROT

lets play football

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis....greedy...nah no way

The same revis who was the first jet to hold out in over 10 years in 2007

the same revis with 3 F$CKING years left on his god dam contract

The same revis who called an offer, whatever it was, a slap in the face, when he is indeed under contract

The same revis who PRETENDED to be sick

The same revis who ha a chance to be on what could possibly be one of the best defenses ever,win the super bowl in NY and become immortilized, and most likely become the most marketable cornerback in the NFL since Deion

This guy could sign tomorrow and i still wouldnt like him, If he does sign, he becomes Jason Taylor part 2 in my eyes, i respect his game, hope he does well in green and white, but despise him otherwise

This guy doesnt give 2 sh!ts about winning or his team or anything but the all mighty dollar and people (not just athletes) like that could rot for all i care

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point, I'd put a standing "Take it or Leave it" offer in the table, and cease negotiations otherwise, and I would make sure the details of such a contract get leaked to the media, gag order or not. I don't want the distraction to carry into the season. If he doesn't take the offer, then so be it. We'll go without you. Nobody is larger then the team. I love Revis, but giving into his demands would simply be irresponsible.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 09-04-2010 at 10:37 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3716029]in 2008 with Revis here, our defense sucked-- particularly our defensive backs that were mostly toast

in 2009 with Revis here, our defense was good - did we win a Super bowl -- NO

in 2010 with Rex here and Wilson and Cro as our starting corners, [B]we are miles better[/B] than with Revis and Sheppard

LET HIM ROT

lets play football[/QUOTE]

If it helps you sleep at night...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sick of revis, frankly

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why don't you just worry about the mankins situation with cheap bob kraft and the bellichicken.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3715496]Revis wants $16,000,000/year over 10 years.

He was offered more than $10,000,000/year to play and its not enough.

Revis wants to be the best paid athelete in the universe.

NO OTHER NFL TEAM WILL MAKE REVIS THE BEST PAID IN THE UNIVERSE.

All of this trade talk is off the mark. No one wants this particular player at this particular time.

Hes the Jets problem alone.

IMO[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wouldn't want to see him rot, however, if he doesn't sign before the season then i would like to see the jets make him sit for the next 3 years or so. if he doesn't come in, then the best option would be to trade him to an nfc team.

[QUOTE=sg3;3716011]we had his royal highness, king of greed here in 2008 Bit and WE SUCKED, especially our defensive backs.

we had his royal highness, king of greed here last season and didn't make it to the superbowl.

Cro-Wilson is miles better than last years combo of HRH, KOG and Sheppard

LET HIM ROT[/QUOTE]