Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Made a trade offer for tJ hous

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

TJ WHOSEYOURMAMMA

All sources say that TJ will be released so you think the jets somehow get in the running for TJ and just put more talent around Sanchez or another team in more of a need will put more money down than we can ever put up for him? Im just curious because if we ever got TJ I think we would put Sanchez in a better situation. I dotn really knwo the whole money situation though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ89;3715053]All sources say that TJ will be released so you think the jets somehow get in the running for TJ and just put more talent around Sanchez or another team in more of a need will put more money down than we can ever put up for him? Im just curious because if we ever got TJ I think we would put Sanchez in a better situation. I dotn really knwo the whole money situation though.[/QUOTE]

interesting thought but I think it's unlikely...he'll probably command more than we are willing to pay

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many WRs do we need? We could put a pro bowl team around sanchez and it won't change the fact that Schotty is still our coordinator so our offense won't likely get him the ball to take advantage of his skills (at this point).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we're all set.

Unless he can be rented for a couple games. I really think we're all set.

Nobody is going to stop our run, and if they try to LT, Keller, Edwards, or Cotch will take them to the house.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

TJ WHOSEYOURMAMMA

[QUOTE=NYJ89;3715053]All sources say that TJ will be released so you think the jets somehow get in the running for TJ and just put more talent around Sanchez or another team in more of a need will put more money down than we can ever put up for him? Im just curious because if we ever got TJ I think we would put Sanchez in a better situation. I dotn really knwo the whole money situation though.[/QUOTE]

If Sanchez can't do it with 3 legit #1 receivers I doubt he could it with 4.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Housh was recently spotted in Florham Park with Mike.T, my friend has a condo there, he saw them together.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Reedy (Bengals beat writer) calls the Jets a "team to keep an eye on" re: Houshmanzadeh. Not sure if he has some sort of inside information, or if it's opinion, but figured I'd post it here and let people decide for themselves.

[quote]Two teams to keep an eye on in who might sign Houshmandzadeh -- the Vikings and the Jets about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

@AndrewLiv Other than '07, when has braylon been good and consistent for an entire year? about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to AndrewLiv

@AndrewLiv If Jets sign him to the minimum, Seattle has to pick up the rest of the deal. He's getting $7M guaranteed from Seattle about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to AndrewLiv[/quote]

[url]http://twitter.com/joereedy[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think tannenbaum might do it just for the minimum price if he could to cover for holmes until week 5 and than if his doing good keep him on instead of someone like clowney because TJ could do great with all the WRs we got....NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE ENOUGH CORNERS TO STOP THAT

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ89;3715067]i think tannenbaum might do it just for the minimum price if he could to cover for holmes until week 5 and than if his doing good keep him on instead of someone like clowney because TJ could do great with all the WRs we got....NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE ENOUGH CORNERS TO STOP THAT[/QUOTE]

Actually, they could stop TJ. TJ lost his speed after he left Cincy. He can't separate himself from CBs anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3715059]Housh was recently spotted in Florham Park with Mike.T, my friend has a condo there, he saw them together.[/QUOTE]

They were practicing for Dancing With The Stars.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3715059]Housh was recently spotted in Florham Park with Mike.T, my friend has a condo there, he saw them together.[/QUOTE]

BTW, you got no credit. This made me laugh. Props.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any other WR's available we can sign along with Housh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3715071]BTW, you got no credit. This made me laugh. Props.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm going to destroy the Livingston bull****, think I already have.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3715072]Any other WR's available we can sign along with Housh?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Your friend in Livingston who has the condo said that he saw Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss show up at Revis' place with Rex Ryan. Rumor is that either (1) they are both being cut and could end up Jets or (2) somebody ordered the gang bang at Revis' condo (probably that crazy Mangold).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][QUOTE]Per a league source, the Vikings, Jets, Chargers and Cardinals have made trade offers with the Seahawks for Houshmandzadeh
    [/QUOTE][/B]
    Interesting.....But why the hell would we offer a trade? He's likely to be released, and are we that desperate for a 3rd(1st 4 games)4th WR???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3715157][B][/B]
    Interesting.....But why the hell would we offer a trade? He's likely to be released, and are we that desperate for a 3rd(1st 4 games)4th WR???[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this is strange. A few thoughts/questions...

1. Would the Jets then cancel plans to bring back Laverneous? Seems likely.
    2. What is TJ's contract status? How might this change the dynamic of re-signing a guy like Holmes or Edwards after the season?
    3. If this is purely a stopgap for 4 weeks, why trade for him??? Why give up anything at all if the plan is Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Brad Smith, Clowney, etc.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3715160]Agreed, this is strange. A few thoughts/questions...

1. Would the Jets then cancel plans to bring back Laverneous? Seems likely.
    2. What is TJ's contract status? How might this change the dynamic of re-signing a guy like Holmes or Edwards after the season?
    3. If this is purely a stopgap for 4 weeks, why trade for him??? Why give up anything at all if the plan is Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Brad Smith, Clowney, etc.[/QUOTE]

1. Don't know.
    2. His salary for this year from the Seahawks is $7M. He does want to play for a contender, however if Seattle just outright releases him without cutting him, I am going to be FURIOUS. There's also a rumor going around that the Seahawks might be intrested in trading him for Vincent Jackson (which makes NO sense).

3. Why would you take one of the best slot WR's in the league for only 4 weeks?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Reedy
    [QUOTE]@SI_JimTrotter Sounds like offers. Looks like he'll be shipped somewhere tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Well looks like we will find out tomorrow.

But what about teh ClownZ!?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes no sense at all for us. Veteran guard, sure. DE? CB? Yup.

WR?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are set at WR, even with the Holmes suspension.