Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets Made a trade offer for tJ hous

Housh is a possession WR...something we already have in Cotch. Really no need in getting him, especially since other teams could use him as a starter.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Funaz;3715405]I don't think we need him.
    Braylon
    J-Co
    Holmes
    Smith
    Clowney

Thats a damn good recieving core. I listed them in order of skill. I really like Braylon and love J-Co. I think holmes is [B]terribley overated[/B], but he's still probably better then TJ.

Sanchez has the tools around him to compete and now just needs to get the reps and continue to get better.[/QUOTE]

I think your post is ridiculous. Holmes is at least as good as advertised, if not more. I also think your spelling is worthy of its own sopne thread.

As I said in another thread: If TJ is even a semblance of his former self with Cincy, I'm all for the trade. This guy has always been a clutch receiver.

Jets Insider VIP
    it's even worse than you mentioned

"recieving core"

think this is just Tanny checking things out , like with T.O .....if it will make the team better then no problem with giving up a 6th

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3715244]If the jets trade for housh, arent they on rhe hook for the whole 7 mil. And didnt they just look coles straight in the face and tell him they could evn afford 800k in case revis walks through the door?[/QUOTE]

Nope. His contract is guaranteed; Seattle would be on the hook for 7 million - the difference in salary to whatever contract he signs. It makes NO sense to release him without getting something in return.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3715419]I think your post is ridiculous. Holmes is at least as good as advertised, if not more. I also think your spelling is worthy of its own sopne thread.[/QUOTE]

yes I can't spell. But Holmes is still terrerabely overrated. He was Pitt's #2 not #1. I know he's looked good against 2nd and 3rd string defenses so far, but I don't think Holmes is a world beater. Rex likes him, and he was great value for a 5th round pick, but I think J-co is better and I think Braylon is better.

Clowney Stinks

[QUOTE=Funaz;3715405]I don't think we need him.
    Braylon
    J-Co
    Holmes
    Smith
    Clowney

Thats a damn good recieving core. I listed them in order of skill. I really like Braylon and love J-Co. I think holmes is terribley overated, but he's still probably better then TJ.

Sanchez has the tools around him to compete and now just needs to get the reps and continue to get better.[/QUOTE]

Time for the Jets to move on from Clowney, I would rather have Coles

Practice Squad
    Okay. NOW I'm upset. If he signs with you guys, we better be getting something of equal value in return.

[QUOTE=Funaz;3715437]yes I can't spell. But Holmes is still terrerabely overrated. He was Pitt's #2 not #1. I know he's looked good against 2nd and 3rd string defenses so far, but I don't think Holmes is a world beater. Rex likes him, and he was great value for a 5th round pick, but I think J-co is better and I think Braylon is better.[/QUOTE]

79 Receptions, 1248 Yards, 5 TD's... you are a genious.

[QUOTE=mike309;3715438]Time for the Jets to move on from Clowney, I would rather have Coles[/QUOTE]

If we get TJ, I have no problem parting company with both Colsie and The Clown.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=bcess;3715385]Don't we have enough wr's? Bad news for clowney[/QUOTE]

Sanchez can never have enough big targets.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3715446]Sanchez can never have enough big targets.[/QUOTE]

That means he will throw he ball more, probably not the best of ideas

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=bcess;3715449]That means he will throw he ball more, probably not the best of ideas[/QUOTE]

It's only a problem if you don't establish the running game first. If you do, throwing should be fairly simple as the routes won't have the coverage they normally would.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=bcess;3715449]That means he will throw he ball more, probably not the best of ideas[/QUOTE]

If he does, for now who better than the 6-2 savy old pro?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;3715455]It's only a problem if you don't establish the running game first. If you do, throwing should be fairly simple as the routes won't have the coverage they normally would.[/QUOTE]

It's always an issue with a second year Qb.

Jets Insider VIP
    TheJetsStream

Per league source, #Jets did NOT offer trade to Seattle for WR TJHoushmandzadeh. #nfl #nyj 12 minutes ago via web

Rookie
    Those reports are BS and don't make sense whatsoever. 2 quotes from Rotoworld:

Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that four teams -- the Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, and Chargers -- have trade offers on the table for T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
    Reedy is an excellent beat reporter, but we'd caution that the source for this story may be a Seahawks front office member (or even Houshmandzadeh's agent) in an attempt to create a market for the 33-year-old receiver. The Cardinals and Jets definitely don't need another wideout, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune has reported -- citing several sources -- that the Vikings do not have interest, and the Chargers just acquired Patrick Crayton. Adding in the Redskins or Raiders would've made the story sound more realistic.

tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities disputes a report that the Vikings have made a trade offer for T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
    The original report, via Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, was shaky when we first read it, and seems even more shaky now. The story also claimed that the Jets, Cardinals, and Chargers made offers for Houshmandzadeh, but we can't imagine that's the case. Unless the proposals were for a bag of Nerf footballs, with ex-Seahawks GM Tim Ruskell (currently an executive with the Bears) agreeing to pay Housh's fully guaranteed $7 million salary.

All League
    I'm still up in the air on this. This would help us out for the toughest portion of our schedule (our first 4 games), and would give us much needed depth afterwards if Edwards, Cotch, or Holmes ends up getting hurt....

BUT,

IMO we need to find a LG, and BAD. Our LG position is looking terrible and Sanchez is going to end up getting killed if we have Slauson or Vlad in there to start the season. Please trade for a LG instead of a WR!!! :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Raug;3715470]Those reports are BS and don't make sense whatsoever. 2 quotes from Rotoworld:

Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that four teams -- the Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, and Chargers -- have trade offers on the table for T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
    Reedy is an excellent beat reporter, but we'd caution that the source for this story may be a Seahawks front office member (or even Houshmandzadeh's agent) in an attempt to create a market for the 33-year-old receiver. The Cardinals and Jets definitely don't need another wideout, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune has reported -- citing several sources -- that the Vikings do not have interest, and the Chargers just acquired Patrick Crayton. Adding in the Redskins or Raiders would've made the story sound more realistic.

tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities disputes a report that the Vikings have made a trade offer for T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
    The original report, via Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, was shaky when we first read it, and seems even more shaky now. The story also claimed that the Jets, Cardinals, and Chargers made offers for Houshmandzadeh, but we can't imagine that's the case. Unless the proposals were for a bag of Nerf footballs, with ex-Seahawks GM Tim Ruskell (currently an executive with the Bears) agreeing to pay Housh's fully guaranteed $7 million salary.[/QUOTE]

Vikes need him more than us.