Thread: Last summer concert tonight Bob Dylan

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Last summer concert tonight Bob Dylan

Thanks to Bono getting hurt my concerts this summer werent as good as planned, but still got to see Buckcherry, Bon Jovi, Ringo, Lady GaGa and now Dylan. Would have been better with U2 in the lineup but still a good summer.

[QUOTE=jetman67;3715808]Thanks to Bono getting hurt my concerts this summer werent as good as planned, but still got to see Buckcherry, Bon Jovi, Ringo, Lady GaGa and now Dylan. Would have been better with U2 in the lineup but still a good summer.[/QUOTE]

Strange mix of music there.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southside;3715825]Strange mix of music there.[/QUOTE]

I dont like any one style. I can enjoy a wide variety of music. My Ipod has some different stuff, plus the complete libraries of John Lennon and the Beatles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bob Dylan is practically unintelligible now. I saw him and Paul Simon maybe 10 years ago and he was awful (PS was great, though). My wife saw Lady Gaga with some friends this summer and said it was great. Just saw Jimmy Buffett at Jones Beach last week. Always an awesome time.

Hall Of Fame
    Did you dye your hair that color for the Lady Gaga concert to fit in?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mike D;3715838]Did you dye your hair that color for the Lady Gaga concert to fit in?[/QUOTE]

LOL, Not at all. The salt and pepper look wasnt working anymore. More salt than pepper, and Blonde is better than salt.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Well he is a genius, and one of our greats. This is the one Bob song that I looked forward to, that Dylan wrote, of the many the Dead covered. Have a good one.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_imqTfh2ik[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetman67;3715848]LOL, Not at all. The salt and pepper look wasnt working anymore. More salt than pepper, and Blonde is better than salt.[/QUOTE]

I'd try something else dude....you look like a bad mix of jr128s Sugarghey idol and the cooking guy from the TGIFridays commercial. Glad you're back, I hope you fill us with some good drama filled threads again.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Yeah, but we don't want to make any trips to Cali, we want everyone to come through here.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3715862]Yeah, but we don't want to make any trips to Cali, we want everyone to come through here.[/QUOTE]

I realized that after I wrote it. brain fart LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetman67;3715870]I realized that after I wrote it. brain fart LOL[/QUOTE]

Hope it's a small venue for Dylan.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3715872]Hope it's a small venue for Dylan.[/QUOTE]

it is, hes playing at Bumbershoot. its a annual music festival at Seattle Center.

Enjoy the show. But to have seen his genius back then. Check the snarl and power with just an acoustic, harmonica and voice.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7_TIOf1YFY&feature=related[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Saw Dylan last summer with Mellencamp and Willie Nelson.

I knew Dylan's voice was getting rough but...whoa. Really bad. Like Popeye with emphysema.

That was my last Dylan concert.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3715887]Enjoy the show. But to have seen his genius back then. Check the snarl and power with just an acoustic, harmonica and voice.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7_TIOf1YFY&feature=related[/url][/QUOTE]

Would have loved to see him in his prime, but age is one thing we cannot stop. It does affect the voice, but still going to see him play and sing is always great.

I saw him in the 1980's at Waterloo Village and it was a great show. He played acoustic only that show.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3715836]Bob Dylan is practically unintelligible now. I saw him and Paul Simon maybe 10 years ago and he was awful (PS was great, though). My wife saw Lady Gaga with some friends this summer and said it was great. Just saw Jimmy Buffett at Jones Beach last week. Always an awesome time.[/QUOTE]

GaGa was much more entertaining than I expected. I was originally just tagging along with my fiance and She is awesome live. I saw Madonna back in the 1980s and I guess she would be the best comparison with choreography etc. The biggest difference is GaGa has great musical talent. She plays the piano almost on the same level as Elton John. Just a great entertainer. here is what Gene Simmons says about her. "GaGa is the only interesting new act out there". Gene is right.

[QUOTE=jetman67;3715977]GaGa was much more entertaining than I expected. I was originally just tagging along with my fiance and She is awesome live. I saw Madonna back in the 1980s and I guess she would be the best comparison with choreography etc. The biggest difference is GaGa has great musical talent. She plays the piano almost on the same level as Elton John. Just a great entertainer. here is what Gene Simmons says about her. "GaGa is the only interesting new act out there". Gene is right.[/QUOTE]

I like her a lot. Great songwriter, arranger and performer. Not really my type of music, but I find her very talented, entertaining and edgy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3715836]Bob Dylan is practically unintelligible now. I saw him and Paul Simon maybe 10 years ago and he was awful (PS was great, though). My wife saw Lady Gaga with some friends this summer and said it was great. Just saw Jimmy Buffett at Jones Beach last week. Always an awesome time.[/QUOTE]

Wow just say Dylan a month ago - he was fantastic as well as his backing band w/ guitarist Charlie Sexton.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dylan was a very good show. The whole Bumbershoot experience was a blast. If any of you are ever in Seattle during Bumbershoot I recommend that you buy a pass for at least 1 day. The website is [url]www.bumbershoot.org[/url] What a fun day out.