Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Sanchez call a better game than Scott?

[QUOTE=Savage69;3715995]Peyton Manning does..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Manning can do it because the Colts have essentially the same personnel grouping on the field the entire game(3 wr,te,rb)
    Other teams can't because they're constantly changing personnel and formations. It would be to complicated for the QB to see what personnel is in the game,then call a play and formation.All before the play clock expires.

Just throwing this out there . . .

It did feel like the offense was running "better". Yes, I know ALL plays are "Schotty" plays, but I found myself wondering (hoping?) if Sanchez was calling things more like what the regular season will look like (whereas Schotty was better at keeping all of that "under wraps").

Don't bother critiquing the thought -- I'm not saying it has any credence.

But it WOULD be nice if we have stuff "up our sleeve", and it ends up working as well as it looked against Philly . . .

All Pro
    WHEN ITS NOT YOUR "JOB" TO CALL THE PLAYS

YOU WILL CALL THINGS THAT ARE A LIL MORE OF A GAMBLE

All Pro
    PLUS ITS NICE HAVING BRUNELL TO HOLMES IN THE 3/4TH OF THE FINAL PRE-SEASON GAME

All Pro
    Scary thought but was the game flowing better because Sanchez was calling more pass plays and he wasn't actually out there throwing picks?

*ducks for cover*

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I am sure Sanchez was calling more aggressive plays.

I think alot of people are assuming that the offense in the pre-season is a real look at what our offense will be during the regular season and that's just not the case.

I have no doubt that Schotty was being as manilla & conservative as possible to show opposing D-Coordinators as little as possible for the regular season.

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3716134]
    I think alot of people are assuming that the offense in the pre-season is a real look at what our offense will be during the regular season and that's just not the case.

I have no doubt that Schotty was being as manilla & conservative as possible to show opposing D-Coordinators as little as possible for the regular season.[/QUOTE]

You make some really strong points and I agree with your post.

I won't judge this offense until next Monday night. It's obvious that Shotty Jr kept our offensive attack as vanilla as possible. With the types of players that we now have in place heading into the regular season, I'm expecting to see Shotty Jr run this offense, in the same types of ways that he ran our offense as a rookie OC back in 2006, with a veteran leader in Pennington under center. In 2006 we seen a lot of players in motion before the snap, line shifts, pre snap adjustments, as well as plenty of different formations that could keep opposing D's off balance. We pretty much seen none of that during this preseason, and I'm glad.
    Last edited by Bleed4TheGreen; 09-04-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Veteran

Did Sanchez call a better game than Scott?

If Sanchez Becomes our OC then Revis can play QB. 16 mil for a qb isn't so bad.

[QUOTE=johnnysd;3715851]Seriously. Rewatching this game again, there was a much better flow of plays and rythym to the offense than is not present when Schott calls the plays which is incredibly predictable.[/QUOTE]

Sweet lord even I who call out Schotty (in fact just recently) have to say this is aboslutely ridiculous. Oh... it's preseason too.

Jets Insider VIP
    lets see.... I have a first team Superbowl MVP on the field in the second half against 11 defensive players 8 of whom will be out of work on Saturday....

"throw the bomb to Holmes"

yes

great call by Sanchez