Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Jets 53 man roster- NY Daily News

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hartsock is one of the best blocking TE's in the entire NFL

there are a number of "experts" that post here that remember ONE phantom penalty call against him in OT (by Walt "I love my Patriots" Coleman, of course and thus he is "forever terrible"

same type who claim Slauss is NO GOOD at OG because of ONE play they saw on Hard Knocks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

My Roster Comments

Harstock - Didn't he cost us a game or two going offside in crucial moments? I don't want him on the field when the game is on the line. Put in Hunter if we need a blocker.

Jon McNot AKA Silent McNight - He made the team because he was a 4th round pick. If he was a UFA, he would have been cut. A 2010 version of Vernon Gholston, he will get zero playing time this year. I'd trade him for a box of McNuggets.

Larry Taylor- Hope he makes the PS, love his potential as KR-PR. Should have made the team over McNot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is on the bubble?

Who is on the bubble at risk if we pick up someone on waivers?

Here is my list -

Danny Woodhead - For Holmes or Coles
    Joe McKnight - For Holmes or Coles
    Washington - For Holmes or Coles
    Matt Kroul - If we sign a DL
    Brian Jackson - If Revis signs or any DB pickup
    Lance Laury - If we sign an LB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3716294]Hartsock is one of the best blocking TE's in the entire NFL

there are a number of "experts" that post here that remember ONE phantom penalty call against him in OT (by Walt "I love my Patriots" Coleman, of course and thus he is "forever terrible"

same type who claim Slauss is NO GOOD at OG because of ONE play they saw on Hard Knocks[/QUOTE]

sg3 the same folks also conveniently forgot that BIG JENKS raved about SLAUSON and said that he taught him a lot after Slauson pancaked him. Why some fans are so against Slauson is a mystery.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3716198]Nothing against Woodhead, but Washington is the better player. Because of his size, he's automatically a more valuable special teams player.[/QUOTE]

They are not the same player.
    It's like saying Connor is better than Woodhead.
    Woodhead will be catching passes from wherever he lines up. I would be surprised if he rushed the ball 5 times the whole season (if he sticks - which may or may not happen).
    Everybody has players they were surprised or annoyed that got cut and didn't get cut.
    This is not the final roster.
    As far as I am concerned as long as the roster doesn't have Revis on it, it's fine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3716336]Who is on the bubble at risk if we pick up someone on waivers?

Here is my list -

Danny Woodhead - For Holmes or Coles
    Joe McKnight - For Holmes or Coles
    Washington - For Holmes or Coles
    Matt Kroul - If we sign a DL
    Brian Jackson - If Revis signs or any DB pickup
    Lance Laury - If we sign an LB[/QUOTE]

Woodhead, Kroul are REX favorites. Brian jackson is a big CB with speed and can play. REX touts his style of play. Laury is here because he is a special teams ace. Washington has a future: with us. You are supposing that our guys are crap and can be easily removed. I think any of those guys including McKnight can play and are talented plus they know our system. Why replace any unless there is a definite step up?