Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Jets fans please read: Revis saga

Real Jets fans please read: Revis saga

Just want to say great forum this is my first post..been reading it for a while now..and been a Jets fan for years...and had to post on the Revis problem.

Being a Jets fan that bleeds green...I still get the butterflies and sweaty palms before a game...this Darelle Revis contract thing is bothering me and is causing me to not be as "interested" this year.

As all you long time Jets fans know..we have gone through some real garbage....from Kotite to Coslet to AFC championship in Denver, to Vinny's achillies tear in wk 1, to Doug Brien in Pittsburgh...not to mention a ton of horrible seasons, bad draft picks and terrible performances in between yet we show up every Sunday.

I cannot remember a time when we actually had a coach who although he talks a lot can actually coach....and had some real home grown, drafted talent to root for..Mangold, Harris, Ferguson, Sanchez, Greene..and Revis in the most key positions on the field.

This Revis thing is really giving me a bad feeling...first of all...yes he has an uncle in Sean Gilbert who got his $$$ and became a nothing..and yes..he has some problem agents....and may seem like he is asking for too much...but how often does a talent like him come around? Woody and Mike T I hope you read this forum....cuz Jets fans shelled out 500 million plus $$ in PSL's this year...just for the right to watch this team play...and it seems to me if Revis is not there...we will not be watching the best product for our money.

Just sign the guy..give him a decent contract...GUARANTEED money...10 for 162 and 10 for 122 means nothing...its the guaranteed money that counts...all we as Jets fans hear is what ifs...what if there is a cap...after next yr...well what if there is no cap..or what if there is a soft cap ala the NBA where you can go over that cap and resign your core guys...and you will let a talent like D. Revis go for what? God forbid..it comes out in the media..that it was a difference in 10-15 mil or so in guaranteed money for the life of the contract....Jets fans wont forget letting a first team all pro sit..and go elsewhere.

As a real Jets fan..and not some fly by night..bandwagon jumper that seem to be cropping up all over since Hard Knocks...I dont care about Cromartie, B. Edwards and S. Holmes resigning..however I do care about D. Revis being a superstar Jet for years to come...and I think a lot of Jets fans agree.

Mike T and Woody especially..you have asked a lot of Jets fans..laying out PSL's, filling the new stadium, etc....GET DARELLE REVIS SIGNED.....do you think Bill Belichick and T. Sporano are scheming for J. Taylor, Cromartie??? But I do know they would be worrying...how do I get my best playmaker away from Darelle Revis???? LET'S GO...MIKE T.

All League
    [QUOTE=pblmax99;3715914]
    As a real Jets fan..and not some fly by night..bandwagon jumper that seem to be cropping up all over since Hard Knocks...I dont care about Cromartie, B. Edwards and S. Holmes resigning..[b]however I do care about D. Revis being a superstar Jet for years to come...and I think a lot of Jets fans agree.[/b]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever...apparently D. Revis doesn't care half as much as you do.

Or he'd be in camp.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]As a real Jets fan..and not some fly by night..bandwagon jumper that seem to be cropping up all over since Hard Knocks...[B]I dont care about Cromartie, B. Edwards and S. Holmes resigning..however I do care about D. Revis being a superstar Jet for years to come...and I think a lot of Jets fans agree.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

I'll tell you what I'm not interested in...sacrificing 3 starters on our starting 22, including both starting WR, in the name of stroking Mevi$' ego. He's not interested in the team staying in contention for years to come. He wants to cash in. For that, he can sit on the couch with Uncle Sean in aliquippa until his priorities change.

REVIS

Do any of us actually know what the Jets have offered? NO!!!!...10 for 122 means nothing..as does 10 for 162..its the guaranteed money that counts....the upfront money....I bet if Jets offered 40 mil up front...it would get done...forget bout the 160 number...means nothing....

**** Revis. We will be top 5 without. Still good enough to win it all. Sanchez is the key not Revis. **** Revis

[QUOTE=pblmax99;3715914]Just want to say great forum this is my first post..been reading it for a while now..and been a Jets fan for years...and had to post on the Revis problem.

Being a Jets fan that bleeds green...I still get the butterflies and sweaty palms before a game...this Darelle Revis contract thing is bothering me and is causing me to not be as "interested" this year.

As all you long time Jets fans know..we have gone through some real garbage....from Kotite to Coslet to AFC championship in Denver, to Vinny's achillies tear in wk 1, to Doug Brien in Pittsburgh...not to mention a ton of horrible seasons, bad draft picks and terrible performances in between yet we show up every Sunday.

I cannot remember a time when we actually had a coach who although he talks a lot can actually coach....and had some real home grown, drafted talent to root for..Mangold, Harris, Ferguson, Sanchez, Greene..and Revis in the most key positions on the field.

This Revis thing is really giving me a bad feeling...first of all...yes he has an uncle in Sean Gilbert who got his $$$ and became a nothing..and yes..he has some problem agents....and may seem like he is asking for too much...but how often does a talent like him come around? Woody and Mike T I hope you read this forum....cuz Jets fans shelled out 500 million plus $$ in PSL's this year...just for the right to watch this team play...and it seems to me if Revis is not there...we will not be watching the best product for our money.

Just sign the guy..give him a decent contract...GUARANTEED money...10 for 162 and 10 for 122 means nothing...its the guaranteed money that counts...all we as Jets fans hear is what ifs...what if there is a cap...after next yr...well what if there is no cap..or what if there is a soft cap ala the NBA where you can go over that cap and resign your core guys...and you will let a talent like D. Revis go for what? God forbid..it comes out in the media..that it was a difference in 10-15 mil or so in guaranteed money for the life of the contract....Jets fans wont forget letting a first team all pro sit..and go elsewhere.

As a real Jets fan..and not some fly by night..bandwagon jumper that seem to be cropping up all over since Hard Knocks...I dont care about Cromartie, B. Edwards and S. Holmes resigning..however I do care about D. Revis being a superstar Jet for years to come...and I think a lot of Jets fans agree.

Mike T and Woody especially..you have asked a lot of Jets fans..laying out PSL's, filling the new stadium, etc....GET DARELLE REVIS SIGNED.....do you think Bill Belichick and T. Sporano are scheming for J. Taylor, Cromartie??? But I do know they would be worrying...how do I get my best playmaker away from Darelle Revis???? LET'S GO...MIKE T.[/QUOTE]

As a real Jets fan I care about the Green & White more then I do about MEvis. Mr. T has done an outstanding job of taking care of the true leaders on this team like Mangold and D'brick.

His offer of $122,000,000 to MEvis is more then fair. If you were a true Jets fan your interest would not be less because MEvis isn't on the team, it would even greater to show that selfish player that we can be successful even if he chooses to put his greed before the team.

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

[QUOTE=pblmax99;3715934][B]Do any of us actually know what the Jets have offered? NO!!!![/B]...10 for 122 means nothing..as does 10 for 162..its the guaranteed money that counts....the upfront money....[B]I bet if Jets offered 40 mil up front...it would get done[/B]...forget bout the 160 number...means nothing....[/QUOTE]

You can't say that none of us know what the Jets offered and then turn around and say $40M up front would get it done.

And what good would $40M up front do when in 2-3 years Revis would just hold out again looking for more $$.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=pblmax99;3715914]Just want to say great forum this is my first post..been reading it for a while now..and been a Jets fan for years...and had to post on the Revis problem.

Mike T and Woody especially..you have asked a lot of Jets fans..laying out PSL's, filling the new stadium, etc....GET DARELLE REVIS SIGNED.....do you think Bill Belichick and T. Sporano are scheming for J. Taylor, Cromartie??? But I do know they would be worrying...how do I get my best playmaker away from Darelle Revis???? LET'S GO...MIKE T.[/QUOTE]
    If it were that simple, it would have been done. The Jets are going to do what they think is in their best interest as will Revis. A mexican standoff. Welcome aboard.

?????

Can someone please inform me what 10 for 122 means???? without knowing what the guaranteed money is??? SOMEONE???? These arent baseball contracts.....if the Jets give him 20 mil guaranteed and 10 for 122...that means that 102 million isnt guaranteed!!! and if he tears his ACL can be cut before he gets that 102....cmon guys.....

I feel your pain, but what do you think your saying that hasn't been said here a thousand times? That you are a "Real Jets Fan", unlike everyone else, so we should listen to your pain in a new thread? We been through all this Revis stuff already. Cheat sheet on your post= Im a real jets fan. I want my homegrown Revis signed. PSLs are expensive. Get it done! K thx.

Change the channel, Ive seen this already.

Dude, it's your first post, so I have no problem if you want to vent.

But don't waste my time telling me what "real Jets fans" think.

A recent poll on this site had something like 85% of fans siding with management. I assure you they are not all "bandwagon, fly-by-night" fans.

We just refuse to believe in some conspriracy theory as to the "real" reason why Revis won't sign. All the evidence that's been presented points to 1) the Jets making fair offers, 2) Greedis demanding FA-type money with 3 years left on his contract, 3) a trend of having difficulty with other players who use these agents and 4) the Jets successfully sign other "core" players to long-term contracts because they made CONCESSIONS of their own.

If you (and others) choose to not accept those facts, not much anyone can do about that.

If he signs, great. Any "real" fan knows Sanchez holds our fate WAY more than Greedis does anyway.

But as a fan of 30 years, I GUARANTEE you I won't blame management if this season doesn't go the way we want.

They've put a QUALITY product on the field -- the best one we've seen in a LONG time.

If Greedis chooses to not be a part of that, so be it.

We have 53 guys who ARE a part of it, and with 9 days to go, they are the ones we should be focusing on . . .

Veteran
    Please merge into all things mevis and then move that thread into the dump. This sucks already and the same crap has been rephrased ad nauseum by everyone here. I hope the team isn't as concerned as we are about this selfish prick.

[QUOTE=pblmax99;3715944]Can someone please inform me what 10 for 122 means???? without knowing what the guaranteed money is??? SOMEONE???? These arent baseball contracts.....if the Jets give him 20 mil guaranteed and 10 for 122...that means that 102 million isnt guaranteed!!! and if he tears his ACL can be cut before he gets that 102....cmon guys.....[/QUOTE]

Do you hear what you're saying?

That if he tears his ACL he should STILL receive the money???

I know the system is built to include guaranteed $$, and I can't blame Greedis (or any other player) for trying to take advantage of that fact.

But it BLOWS MY MIND how many fans think they actually DESERVE money that they may never earn . . .:confused:

[QUOTE=OCCH;3715946]Dude, it's your first post, so I have no problem if you want to vent.

A recent poll on this site had something like 85% of fans siding with management. I assure you they are not all "bandwagon, fly-by-night" fans.

We just refuse to believe in some conspriracy theory as to the "real" reason why Revis won't sign. All the evidence that's been presented points to 1) the Jets making fair offers, 2) Greedis demanding FA-type money with 3 years left on his contract, 3) a trend of having difficulty with other players who use these agents and 4) the Jets successfully sign other "core" players to long-term contracts because they made CONCESSIONS of their own.

If you (and others) choose to not accept those facts, not much anyone can do about that.

If he signs, great. Any "real" fan knows Sanchez holds our fate WAY more than Greedis does anyway.

But as a fan of 30 years, I GUARANTEE you I won't blame management if this season doesn't go the way we want.

They've put a QUALITY product on the field -- the best one we've seen in a LONG time.

We have 53 guys who ARE a part of it, and with 9 days to go, they are the ones we should be focusing on . . .[/QUOTE]

+1:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3715946]Dude, it's your first post, so I have no problem if you want to vent.

We have 53 guys who ARE a part of it, and with 9 days to go, they are the ones we should be focusing on . . .[/QUOTE]
    9 days, just got wood.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Revis will sign before the season starts. Why? What was one of his main concerns when this all started? He was concerned about getting hurt. He will take what the Jets offer now that training camp/pre-season is over. He just didn't want to get hurt in pre-season without any guaranteed money. He will sign this week and be good to go for the season with new contract and guaranteed money. If I am wrong, then he is a ****bag and can sit forever!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[B]As all you long time Jets fans know..we have gone through some real garbage....from Kotite to Coslet to AFC championship in Denver,[/B] to Vinny's achillies tear in wk 1, to Doug Brien in Pittsburgh...not to mention a ton of horrible seasons, bad draft picks and terrible performances in between yet we show up every Sunday.

.[/QUOTE]

So you go back to the 90's?? Whoop di doo.. And that's a long time Jet fan? I'm impressed ...:cool:

Jets Insider VIP

GREAT post! I have been a die -hard Jets fan since their first game in 1960. SCREW MEvi$. He is messing with our team. He has a valid contract and he negotiated it! The schmuck only cares about his ego. I hope they let him rot this year and trade him for a boatload of picks next year. I have faith in REX, CRO, Wilson and the rest of our Defense. Sanchez is the key. As he goes, so goes the Jets fortunes. MEvi$ is a greedy sob who had a great season last year under REX's schemes. I hope he enjoys it in Neverland!

Something seems a bit suspicious about this guy.