Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real Jets fans please read: Revis saga

Practice Squad
    My interest level is the same its always been. Bored of pre-season, ready to roll. All I know is Im gonna root hard for my boys and if Revis isn't there I'm gonna really wish he was. Our D is gonna show up, maybe not #1 but should be top 5. Im worried about the offense....

???

I'm not saying he should get the money if he gets hurt....All you guys on Revis' jock last year all of a sudden hate the guy cuz he wants to be paid....I dont get it...I hope I'm wrong....but I will sit there all year every Sunday and know that this team will not win a SB without Revis...and thats the bottom line...And I think you all know it also....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pbl max99;3715959]I'm not saying he should get the money if he gets hurt....All you guys on Revis' jock last year all of a sudden hate the guy cuz he wants to be paid....I dont get it...I hope I'm wrong....but I will sit there all year every Sunday and know that[B] this team will not win a SB without Revis..[/B].and that's the bottom line...And I think you all know it also....[/QUOTE]

Your a player fan the vast majority of us are team fans.. Your not related to Bitonti by any chance are you..:rolleyes:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pblmax99;3715959]I'm not saying he should get the money if he gets hurt....All you guys on Revis' jock last year all of a sudden hate the guy cuz he wants to be paid....I dont get it...I hope I'm wrong....but I will sit there all year every Sunday and know that this team will not win a SB without Revis...and thats the bottom line...And I think you all know it also....[/QUOTE]

Put your money where your mouth is! I already contributed $3500 to the Revis fund. Pony up and lets get this guy signed.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=newjakecity;3715957]Something seems a bit suspicious about this guy.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you mention that, I've been looking at some of the posts that some of the new members put up and I say to myself, self, could this be someone from his camp?

Ugh, I'm sick of this already. Here's something different.

[IMG]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/jetsnrangers/BoroTribute.jpg[/IMG]

Neil why exactly should the Jets give your client 40 million up front when you have shown numerous times in the past that a contract means nothing to you?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pblmax99;3715934]Do any of us actually know what the Jets have offered? NO!!!!...10 for 122 means nothing..as does 10 for 162..its the guaranteed money that counts....the upfront money....I bet if Jets offered 40 mil up front...it would get done...forget bout the 160 number...means nothing....[/QUOTE]

Hey you are a waterboy as far as posts are concerned and you come out here spewing facts and logic!!!! Are you mad!!! The burning of Revis starts at 11:00 tonight and nothing can be done about it!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3715963]
    [IMG]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/jetsnrangers/BoroTribute.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

That will cause Borgo to spank the monkey no doubt..:yes:

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3715963]It's funny you mention that, I've been looking at some of the posts that some of the new members put up and I say to myself, self, could this be someone from his camp?

Ugh, I'm sick of this already. Here's something different.

[IMG]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/jetsnrangers/BoroTribute.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Thank you for your contribution. :)

As for the "camp", if it is, surely they realize by now that we all hope he rots at home.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pblmax99;3715959]I'm not saying he should get the money if he gets hurt....All you guys on Revis' jock last year all of a sudden hate the guy cuz he wants to be paid....I dont get it...I hope I'm wrong....[B]but I will sit there all year every Sunday and know that this team will not win a SB without Revis[/B]...and thats the bottom line...And I think you all know it also....[/QUOTE]

And you call yourself a fan of the team? STFU. Worthless turd.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3715968]And you call yourself a fan of the team? STFU. Worthless turd.[/QUOTE]

Wow;exactly when did this poster molest your family member!!!! I am with you. :eek:

And here I just thought he had a different opinion than you!!!!!!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=C Mart;3715941]You can't say that none of us know what the Jets offered and then turn around and say $40M up front would get it done.

And what good would $40M up front do when in 2-3 years Revis would just hold out again looking for more $$.[/QUOTE]

BINGO !

lolz

Most of your questions have been answered multiple times...

We've discussed this to no end...

But for some reason, every day, there's some guy that thinks he's got something new to offer.

You don't...

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3715956]GREAT post! I have been a die -hard Jets fan since their first game in 1960. SCREW MEvi$. He is messing with our team. He has a valid contract and he negotiated it! The schmuck only cares about his ego. I hope they let him rot this year and trade him for a boatload of picks next year. I have faith in REX, CRO, Wilson and the rest of our Defense. Sanchez is the key. As he goes, so goes the Jets fortunes. MEvi$ is a greedy sob who had a great season last year under REX's schemes. I hope he enjoys it in Neverland![/QUOTE]

This I like...boat load of picks...yes ! This is what I would do...At some point Having years left on your contract should mean something...and maybe teams
    should start to put clauses in the contracts that say if you stink you give back money...

[QUOTE=pblmax99;3715959]I'm not saying he should get the money if he gets hurt....All you guys on Revis' jock last year all of a sudden hate the guy cuz he wants to be paid....I dont get it...I hope I'm wrong....but I will sit there all year every Sunday and know that this team will not win a SB without Revis...and thats the bottom line...And I think you all know it also....[/QUOTE]

Let Revis rot at home. Nobody cares. We should do what Belichick does and consider the player dead to the organization.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=pblmax99;3715914]Just want to say great forum this is my first post..been reading it for a while now..and been a Jets fan for years...and had to post on the Revis problem.

Being a Jets fan that bleeds green...I still get the butterflies and sweaty palms before a game...this Darelle Revis contract thing is bothering me and is causing me to not be as "interested" this year.

As all you long time Jets fans know..we have gone through some real garbage....from Kotite to Coslet to AFC championship in Denver, to Vinny's achillies tear in wk 1, to Doug Brien in Pittsburgh...not to mention a ton of horrible seasons, bad draft picks and terrible performances in between yet we show up every Sunday.

I cannot remember a time when we actually had a coach who although he talks a lot can actually coach....and had some real home grown, drafted talent to root for..Mangold, Harris, Ferguson, Sanchez, Greene..and Revis in the most key positions on the field.

This Revis thing is really giving me a bad feeling...first of all...yes he has an uncle in Sean Gilbert who got his $$$ and became a nothing..and yes..he has some problem agents....and may seem like he is asking for too much...but how often does a talent like him come around? Woody and Mike T I hope you read this forum....cuz Jets fans shelled out 500 million plus $$ in PSL's this year...just for the right to watch this team play...and it seems to me if Revis is not there...we will not be watching the best product for our money.

Just sign the guy..give him a decent contract...GUARANTEED money...10 for 162 and 10 for 122 means nothing...its the guaranteed money that counts...all we as Jets fans hear is what ifs...what if there is a cap...after next yr...well what if there is no cap..or what if there is a soft cap ala the NBA where you can go over that cap and resign your core guys...and you will let a talent like D. Revis go for what? God forbid..it comes out in the media..that it was a difference in 10-15 mil or so in guaranteed money for the life of the contract....Jets fans wont forget letting a first team all pro sit..and go elsewhere.

As a real Jets fan..and not some fly by night..bandwagon jumper that seem to be cropping up all over since Hard Knocks...I dont care about Cromartie, B. Edwards and S. Holmes resigning..however I do care about D. Revis being a superstar Jet for years to come...and I think a lot of Jets fans agree.

Mike T and Woody especially..you have asked a lot of Jets fans..laying out PSL's, filling the new stadium, etc....GET DARELLE REVIS SIGNED.....do you think Bill Belichick and T. Sporano are scheming for J. Taylor, Cromartie??? But I do know they would be worrying...how do I get my best playmaker away from Darelle Revis???? LET'S GO...MIKE T.[/QUOTE]

If you've been reading for a while, you'd know that there are dozens of Revis threads going on. Why you think that your first post should be a new thread on a tired old topic is puzzling, to say the least.

Also, easy on the question marks and exclamation points. It looks like your little sister broke into your JI account.

[QUOTE=pblmax99;3715914]Just want to say great forum this is my first post..been reading it for a while now..and been a Jets fan for years...and had to post on the Revis problem.

Being a Jets fan that bleeds green...I still get the butterflies and sweaty palms before a game...this Darelle Revis contract thing is bothering me and is causing me to not be as "interested" this year.

As all you long time Jets fans know..we have gone through some real garbage....from Kotite to Coslet to AFC championship in Denver, to Vinny's achillies tear in wk 1, to Doug Brien in Pittsburgh...not to mention a ton of horrible seasons, bad draft picks and terrible performances in between yet we show up every Sunday.

I cannot remember a time when we actually had a coach who although he talks a lot can actually coach....and had some real home grown, drafted talent to root for..Mangold, Harris, Ferguson, Sanchez, Greene..and Revis in the most key positions on the field.

This Revis thing is really giving me a bad feeling...first of all...yes he has an uncle in Sean Gilbert who got his $$$ and became a nothing..and yes..he has some problem agents....and may seem like he is asking for too much...but how often does a talent like him come around? Woody and Mike T I hope you read this forum....cuz Jets fans shelled out 500 million plus $$ in PSL's this year...just for the right to watch this team play...and it seems to me if Revis is not there...we will not be watching the best product for our money.

Just sign the guy..give him a decent contract...GUARANTEED money...10 for 162 and 10 for 122 means nothing...its the guaranteed money that counts...all we as Jets fans hear is what ifs...what if there is a cap...after next yr...well what if there is no cap..or what if there is a soft cap ala the NBA where you can go over that cap and resign your core guys...and you will let a talent like D. Revis go for what? God forbid..it comes out in the media..that it was a difference in 10-15 mil or so in guaranteed money for the life of the contract....Jets fans wont forget letting a first team all pro sit..and go elsewhere.

As a real Jets fan..and not some fly by night..bandwagon jumper that seem to be cropping up all over since Hard Knocks...I dont care about Cromartie, B. Edwards and S. Holmes resigning..however I do care about D. Revis being a superstar Jet for years to come...and I think a lot of Jets fans agree.

Mike T and Woody especially..you have asked a lot of Jets fans..laying out PSL's, filling the new stadium, etc....GET DARELLE REVIS SIGNED.....do you think Bill Belichick and T. Sporano are scheming for J. Taylor, Cromartie??? But I do know they would be worrying...how do I get my best playmaker away from Darelle Revis???? LET'S GO...MIKE T.[/QUOTE]

Your PSL is not just for this season.

Give Revis $16 million a year, $50 million guaranteed, and you'll be watching a 4-12 team with a really good cornerback for the next 10 years.

You'll be able to sell your $5,000 PSL for about $5.

All this "we can not win without MEvis" has got to be eating at a guy like Rex up inside, I mean after the adjustments he made when Kris went down last year, his years before without MEvis, some "fans" think he's just a doofus that "got lucky" cause he had Revis..I bet a part of Rex wants MEvis to stay is ass home so he can kick some ass without him..STFU with the MEvis posts already..9 days left..now let's go eat some god damn snacks.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=seventhirty;3715996]All this "we can not win without MEvis" has got to be eating at a guy like Rex up inside, I mean after the adjustments he made when Kris went down last year, his years before without MEvis, some "fans" think he's just a doofus that "got lucky" cause he had Revis..I bet a part of Rex wants MEvis to stay is ass home so he can kick some ass without him..STFU with the MEvis posts already..9 days left..now let's go eat some god damn snacks.[/QUOTE]

No, he wants him in the D huddle, no doubt.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3715992]Your PSL is not just for this season.

Give Revis $16 million a year, $50 million guaranteed, and you'll be watching a 4-12 team with a really good cornerback for the next 10 years.

You'll be able to sell your $5,000 PSL for about $5.[/QUOTE]

This is why "real" Jet fans are siding with management. We have a management team that understands how to build a long term winner. That's what "real" fans want.