Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Real Jets fans please read: Revis saga

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis

[QUOTE=OCCH;3716032]True, but from a business standpoint, don't you think a player would:

1) want to play for Rex, as your personal numbers are likely to skew higher, making you more valuable in the future?

2) want to at least LOOK like a "team player" to eliminate any potential concerns for future employers?

3) want to maximize your PRESENT value, not pass up money in the HOPES of making more in the future?

Most of us understand the players have to take their own interests into account -- otherwise they'd play for free . . .

But somehow guys like Brick and Mangold were able to get done. Guys like Manning and Brady are playing while they negotiate.

In the end, NO ONE HAS EVER DONE WHAT GREEDIS IS DOING.

There is NO precedent for players holding out with THREE years left on the contract.

People can tell me how much contracts resemble toilet paper all they want -- all I know is, if this was really THAT "unfair", we would have seen A LOT more cases of it happening . . .[/QUOTE]

Yes there is no precedent, and you are right...Revis is not helping...or whoever is representing him...but how often does a CB like him come around? Champ Bailey said he is head and shoulders the best in NFL...its just a crappy situation not having your best player play..know what I'm saying? I imagine in 2001 Derek Jeter sitting out a season...would the Yanks let that happen? Jeter?....yes they overpaid him..but Yankees = class...and Jeter = class....dont know if Jets and Revis are the same...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;3715930]I'll tell you what I'm not interested in...sacrificing 3 starters on our starting 22, including both starting WR, in the name of stroking Mevi$' ego. He's not interested in the team staying in contention for years to come. He wants to cash in. For that, he can sit on the couch with Uncle Sean in aliquippa until his priorities change.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% I cant understand why more fans dont get it. 1 player doesnt make a team a contender this isnt basketball if it was I would agree with the starter of this thread. Football is a team sport if Revis gets his way you will have 25% of the cap on 1 player besides losing 3 starters you lose out on drafting quality players remember Dallas back in the 90s with Deon and company how the Cowboys had to trade out of the first round to draft because they couldnt afford to sign a first round pick.
    You get it this poster who started this thread and a few other blind followers dont understand how football works.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pblmax99;3716073]Yes there is no precedent, and you are right...Revis is not helping...or whoever is representing him...but how often does a CB like him come around? Champ Bailey said he is head and shoulders the best in NFL...its just a crappy situation not having your best player play..know what I'm saying? I imagine in 2001 Derek Jeter sitting out a season...would the Yanks let that happen? Jeter?....yes they overpaid him..but Yankees = class...and Jeter = class....dont know if Jets and Revis are the same...[/QUOTE]

How often does a player like Manning or Brady come along?

Are you really telling me you value Greedis' impact on our team more than them?

And while I'm not a Yankee fan, would you stick up for Jeter if he had three years to go on a contract, the Yankees offer him a 3 yr/$60 mill extension, and he calls it a "slap in the face"?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihpe07LoOx0[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3716090]How often does a player like Manning or Brady come along?

Are you really telling me you value Greedis' impact on our team more than them?

And while I'm not a Yankee fan, would you stick up for Jeter if he had three years to go on a contract, the Yankees offer him a 3 yr/$60 mill extension, and he calls it a "slap in the face"?[/QUOTE]

Thats one thing about the Yankees they wouldnt put up with Mevi$ antics. He would be gone just look at Arod when he pulled that and opted out. The Yankees also will not negotiate until the contract expires. So this would have never happen if the Steinbrenners owned the Jets. That is the difference between the Yankees, The Mets and Jets. The Yankees run on a professional level while the Jets and Mets run on a lower level and you get this result. Mevi$ should have been told no negotiations period.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pblmax99;3716073]Yes there is no precedent, and you are right...Revis is not helping...or whoever is representing him...but how often does a CB like him come around? Champ Bailey said he is head and shoulders the best in NFL...its just a crappy situation not having your best player play..know what I'm saying? I imagine in 2001 Derek Jeter sitting out a season...would the Yanks let that happen? Jeter?....yes they overpaid him..but Yankees = class...and Jeter = class....dont know if Jets and Revis are the same...[/QUOTE]

There is, Keyshawn Johnson was demanding a new deal. The Jets traded him away. 2 years later Keyshawn had a ring and today the Jets are still chasing that ring.

Either give him a new offer to get the negotiations moving again or sit him for the remainder of his contract. The Jets got no value from Trading Key, at least as far as Im concerned, Rings = Value

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman67;3716104]There is, Keyshawn Johnson was demanding a new deal. The Jets traded him away. 2 years later Keyshawn had a ring and today the Jets are still chasing that ring.

Either give him a new offer to get the negotiations moving again or sit him for the remainder of his contract. The Jets got no value from Trading Key, at least as far as Im concerned, Rings = Value[/QUOTE]

Keyshawn only had 2 years left, and was traded over the offseason, so that's not really comparable to a player with THREE years left, and holding out.

Also, getting 2 #1s for Keyshawn was a STEAL. If someone wants to give a king's ransom for Greedis, you better believe I'd take it. . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman67;3716104]There is, Keyshawn Johnson was demanding a new deal. The Jets traded him away. 2 years later Keyshawn had a ring and today the Jets are still chasing that ring.

Either give him a new offer to get the negotiations moving again or sit him for the remainder of his contract. The Jets got no value from Trading Key, at least as far as Im concerned, Rings = Value[/QUOTE]

we had a different group of talent evaluators back when KJ wanted the Dam Ball. Id take our guys today in a heartbeat. If they get two ones and a two from a team in the doldrums, we wqill be CHAMPIONS FORTHWITH. TOW ones plus our own makes 3 first round picks and a high 2 plus our 2. Sweet Dreams NFK! That ffat lady will sing!:eek::D:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman67;3716038]Maybe they can trade him to Oakland for draft picks. He may enjoy working for Al Davis. LOL[/QUOTE]

As sg is saying...Let him rot.

I would rather let him sit and pay him than give him the satisfaction.

F*CK HIM. Hold out once..shame on you Hold out twice, shame on US.

Stand with management on this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pblmax99;3715914]I dont care about Cromartie, B. Edwards and S. Holmes resigning..however I do care about D. Revis being a superstar Jet for years to come...and I think a lot of Jets fans agree.

Mike T and Woody especially..you have asked a lot of Jets fans..laying out PSL's, filling the new stadium, etc....GET DARELLE REVIS SIGNED.....do you think Bill Belichick and T. Sporano are scheming for J. Taylor, Cromartie??? But I do know they would be worrying...how do I get my best playmaker away from Darelle Revis???? LET'S GO...MIKE T.[/QUOTE]

REAL JETS FANS DO NOT WANT REVIS SIGNED AT THE EXPENSE OF THE FUTURE OF THIS TEAM. PERIOD.

**** REVIS.

He can go play somewhere else, and we can sign the players that really want to be Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;3716121]REAL JETS FANS DO NOT WANT REVIS SIGNED AT THE EXPENSE OF THE FUTURE OF THIS TEAM. PERIOD.

**** REVIS.

He can go play somewhere else, and we can sign the players that really want to be Jets.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth. Hard for most to imagine a team without him, but we may have no team with him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3716007]why would a real Jet fan be unconcerned about signing Harris, Cromartie, Edwards and Holmes so we could invest 16 million dollars a year in a position which, with Cromartie and Wilson as starters IS CURRENTLY much better than it was last year with Megreed and Sheppard??[/QUOTE]

I guess for the same reason that he's not interested in the season as long a Mevis isn't here. That's a real Jet fan for you. I also find it pretty funny that he hopes Tanny reads his post, like he'll say, oh sh*t I didn't know "real fans" don't care about anyone but Revis. I'd better get him signed. Someone get my Checkbook.:eek: Nice first post there Mrs Revis' mother.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pblmax99;3715934]Do any of us actually know what the Jets have offered? NO!!!!...[B]10 for 122 means nothing[/B]..as does 10 for 162..its the guaranteed money that counts....the upfront money....I bet if Jets offered 40 mil up front...it would get done...[B]forget bout the 160 number...means nothing[/B]....[/QUOTE]

Kool, pblmax, [B]YOU [/B]can cut the check and [B]Mevis [/B]can get his a$$ back on the field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3716030]Agreed ...but now Mevis has to contemplate losing a FULL year on what..a 7 to 9 year career?

Economics will drive his decision to play possibly. I say, pay him his $1 mil and let him sit on the bench and whatever it costs... let him stay a JET so he will not get a prime deal. I'll chip in for that.[/QUOTE]

That would be $1 Mill LESS his accrued fines.
    To be honest, I'm not sure I even want him now. Most analysts I've heard say he can't be ready for 3 weeks after reporting. How can he possibly be sharp? And he won't have a bad attitude and play so so? Any athlete except franchise QB can be replaced or compensated for if lost.
    I don't think he agrees to anything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    my small suggestion

any future posting of the R-word in any threads or, even worse, starting a new thread to discuss the R-word should be considered a serious offense

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;3716121]REAL JETS FANS DO NOT WANT REVIS SIGNED AT THE EXPENSE OF THE FUTURE OF THIS TEAM. PERIOD.

**** REVIS.

He can go play somewhere else, and we can sign the players that really want to be Jets.[/QUOTE]

I really think that all "REAL JETS FANS" should understand. He doesn't care about us or his teamates. He cares about the money, PERIOD!
    If we get to keep Cro,Braylon and Santonio in lieu of losing him so be it. At least these guys want to be Jets.
    The younger generation has no respect for history, they only care about Poppin bottles, makin it rain and puttting out bad rap cd's that their yes men say they are the sh*t. Well news flash, they SUCK! (minor gasket blown) Anyway,
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]F*CK THIS GREEDY BASTARD![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]:steamin: