Thread: Could Donald Thomas help us at lg?

Jets Insider VIP

Could Donald Thomas help us at lg?

Fins cut Donald Thomas. He was starting for them at one point and the coaching staff was real high on him. But i believe he got injured last year

anyone know about this guy. After watchin hard knocks, im a bit concered about lg. Should tanny bring him in for callahan to take a look at?

Jets Insider VIP
    NO

Slauss is fine

Actually - I am with Namath. I think he was a rookie 2 years ago and the Miami staff was high on him. Hes started the year for them I think at RG but then was injured. Supposedly he was the strongest guy on the team. After watching Hard Knocks I have 2 concerns about this team.

1) LG - Slauson looks like an average player at best. Vlad Ducasse for a 2nd round pick looks lost. I don't expect him to be perfect but he should also not being beat so badly on passing plays. You would of thought as a tackle in college he would have better pass blocking skills.

2) Mark Sanchez - Still seems to make some bad reads but at least we know he works hard at getting better. I just wish it would have shown more this preseason.

In any case I think Thomas is worth a look if he is healthy.

Toon

I'm pretty content with our guard position right now with Slauson.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3715975]Fins cut Donald Thomas. He was starting for them at one point and the coaching staff was real high on him. But i believe he got injured last year

anyone know about this guy. After watchin hard knocks, im a bit concered about lg. Should tanny bring him in for callahan to take a look at?[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with SLAUSON? He played great in PHILLY. I like the guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AL-TOON;3716047]Actually - I am with Namath. I think he was a rookie 2 years ago and the Miami staff was high on him. Hes started the year for them I think at RG but then was injured. Supposedly he was the strongest guy on the team. After watching Hard Knocks I have 2 concerns about this team.

1) LG - Slauson looks like an average player at best. Vlad Ducasse for a 2nd round pick looks lost. I don't expect him to be perfect but he should also not being beat so badly on passing plays. You would of thought as a tackle in college he would have better pass blocking skills.

2) Mark Sanchez - Still seems to make some bad reads but at least we know he works hard at getting better. I just wish it would have shown more this preseason.

In any case I think Thomas is worth a look if he is healthy.

Toon[/QUOTE]

Average- Slauson has been excellent in the run game and very aggrssive in the pass game. That was better thyen Faneca
    s contribgutions. Faneca coukd noy pass block at all as well. GO JET! :D:D

Jets Insider VIP
    OG is fine

no castoffs need apply

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]OG is fine[/QUOTE]

so we are fine at a position that not 1 player on our roster has an nfl start at. Yes, we would be crazy to try to upgrade there :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    wow, interesting

Did anyone else know that Brandon Moore didn't have a single NFL start

Thanks Joe W for that newsflash

as for LG, I agree --- NO rookies should ever be allowed to start for the Jets -- Sanchez and Greene last year -- OUT

Wilson-- OUT NOW

ALL starters at ALL positions need to be grizzled old veterans