Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Could Donald Thomas help us at lg?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Could Donald Thomas help us at lg?

Fins cut Donald Thomas. He was starting for them at one point and the coaching staff was real high on him. But i believe he got injured last year

anyone know about this guy. After watchin hard knocks, im a bit concered about lg. Should tanny bring him in for callahan to take a look at?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

Slauss is fine

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually - I am with Namath. I think he was a rookie 2 years ago and the Miami staff was high on him. Hes started the year for them I think at RG but then was injured. Supposedly he was the strongest guy on the team. After watching Hard Knocks I have 2 concerns about this team.

1) LG - Slauson looks like an average player at best. Vlad Ducasse for a 2nd round pick looks lost. I don't expect him to be perfect but he should also not being beat so badly on passing plays. You would of thought as a tackle in college he would have better pass blocking skills.

2) Mark Sanchez - Still seems to make some bad reads but at least we know he works hard at getting better. I just wish it would have shown more this preseason.

In any case I think Thomas is worth a look if he is healthy.

Toon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty content with our guard position right now with Slauson.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3715975]Fins cut Donald Thomas. He was starting for them at one point and the coaching staff was real high on him. But i believe he got injured last year

anyone know about this guy. After watchin hard knocks, im a bit concered about lg. Should tanny bring him in for callahan to take a look at?[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with SLAUSON? He played great in PHILLY. I like the guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AL-TOON;3716047]Actually - I am with Namath. I think he was a rookie 2 years ago and the Miami staff was high on him. Hes started the year for them I think at RG but then was injured. Supposedly he was the strongest guy on the team. After watching Hard Knocks I have 2 concerns about this team.

1) LG - Slauson looks like an average player at best. Vlad Ducasse for a 2nd round pick looks lost. I don't expect him to be perfect but he should also not being beat so badly on passing plays. You would of thought as a tackle in college he would have better pass blocking skills.

2) Mark Sanchez - Still seems to make some bad reads but at least we know he works hard at getting better. I just wish it would have shown more this preseason.

In any case I think Thomas is worth a look if he is healthy.

Toon[/QUOTE]

Average- Slauson has been excellent in the run game and very aggrssive in the pass game. That was better thyen Faneca
    s contribgutions. Faneca coukd noy pass block at all as well. GO JET! :D:D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    OG is fine

no castoffs need apply

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]OG is fine[/QUOTE]

so we are fine at a position that not 1 player on our roster has an nfl start at. Yes, we would be crazy to try to upgrade there :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, interesting

Did anyone else know that Brandon Moore didn't have a single NFL start

Thanks Joe W for that newsflash

as for LG, I agree --- NO rookies should ever be allowed to start for the Jets -- Sanchez and Greene last year -- OUT

Wilson-- OUT NOW

ALL starters at ALL positions need to be grizzled old veterans