Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One roster cut I wouldn't mind picking up if he is not injured.....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

One roster cut I would give a long look if he is not injured.....

is courtesy of none other then Eric Mangini......

From Twitter: Adam_Schefter Browns cut WR Bobby Engram, OL Scott Kooistra, DL C.J. Mosley., QB Brett Ratliff.

Again if he is healthy, we should give [B]C.J. Mosely[/B] a long look IMHO.

D-Line is where we are the thinnest and he is still only 27 yrs old.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-04-2010 at 09:36 PM.

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3716093]is courstey of none other then Eric Mangini......

From Twitter: Adam_Schefter Browns cut WR Bobby Engram, OL Scott Kooistra, DL C.J. Mosley., QB Brett Ratliff.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

You mean you don't want the Rat back?:D

I always liked Mosley, but you gotta wonder why Mangini/Holmgren let him go . . .

All League
    [QUOTE]Bills waived [B]RB Joique Bell,[/B] RB Andre Anderson, C Sean Allen, DE Reshaad Duncan, C Christian Gaddis, and OT Nick Hennessey.
    Bell, a D-II star at Wayne State, was a tough cut after averaging 6.5 yards per carry in preseason action. The Bills will keep only Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, and Marshawn Lynch at running back[/QUOTE]

I want Bell

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OCCH;3716098]You mean you don't want the Rat back?:D

I always liked Mosley, but you gotta wonder why Mangini/Holmgren let him go . . .[/QUOTE]

Mangini loved Mosely, if he is healthy, my guess is Holmgren forced Mangini's hand on that one for a player of his own.

Speculation on my part, but, Mosely was always a pretty productive D-Lineman and as I said, he is still only 27.

If he's not injured, it would behoove the Jets to pick him up on the cheap for a very thin D-Line rotation.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BRONX JET;3716099]I want Bell[/QUOTE]

RB is probably our deepest position next to LBer.

Translation - Not happening.

We are very thin on the D-Line, one more injury and we have big problems.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3716093]is courtesy of none other then Eric Mangini......

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I prefer MATT KROUL to CJ Mosley. I also like Stynkeuhler but he was cut today but he will be on the PS. The guy REX loves Martin Tevaseau will also be on the PS. I had a hrad time spelling his name! lol. I think we are fine on the DL.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3716107]I prefer MATT KROUL to CJ Mosley. I also like Stynkeuhler but he was cut today but he will be on the PS. The guy REX loves Martin Tevaseau will also be on the PS. I had a hrad time spelling his name! lol. I think we are fine on the DL.[/QUOTE]

I love Kroul but I think Mosely would be a distinct upgrade over Tevaseau & Stinky.

Veteran
    I was thinking about Ratliff a week or so ago. I knew he would be cut it was just a numbers game. Delhomme and Wallace were brought in and they drafted McCoy. He had no chance

A week ago I figured Clemens was a gonna and would be traded or cut and O'connell sucked so Ratliff would be a good 3rd option.

For the record I always thought Clemens should stay and would prefer him at number 2 right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    obviously Holmgren is cleaning out the mess the Mangenius made last year when he loaded up the Browns with Jet scrapheapers who deserved to be Jet scrapheapers.

He'll finish the job at the end of the season by cleaning out the Mangenius himself

All Pro
    chase coffman

Cody Brown, Maybe Bobby Carpenter :huh:

sometimes you gotta wonder. ratliff is probably better than both delhomme and brunell at this stage of their careers yet he's the guy looking in. and colt mccoy? the first thing is the name colt and the second is that this punk has spent the preseason wondering why he wasn't a first round pick.

Jarvis Green, but he'll probably end up re-uniting with Belichick and company in New England seeing as they absolutely no one at Defensive End right now.

All League
    I for one am unsure of the production of our OL at the LG spot. VD isn't ready and Slauson isn't good at pass protecting yet. I would love to sign Max Jean Gilles who was recently cut out of Philly. Philly wants to sign him back but he was a starter for a couple of years down there. And with his size at the very least he can be a very good back up - better than what we currently have at the RG spot.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9685[/url]
    [url]http://blogs.mcall.com/eagles/2010/09/making-sense-of-a-chaotic-weekend.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=124;3716373]Jarvis Green, but he'll probably end up re-uniting with Belichick and company in New England seeing as they absolutely no one at Defensive End right now.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

If Green in on the market, then I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat. Not only can he contribute, but he could probably start opposite Ellis.

Certainly a lot of interesting names cut by other teams that I recognize from previous drafts. Jarron Gilbert Dre Moore on the D-line.

[QUOTE=jets31;3716114]I was thinking about Ratliff a week or so ago. I knew he would be cut it was just a numbers game. Delhomme and Wallace were brought in and they drafted McCoy. He had no chance

A week ago I figured Clemens was a gonna and would be traded or cut and O'connell sucked so Ratliff would be a good 3rd option.

For the record I always thought Clemens should stay and would prefer him at number 2 right now.[/QUOTE]

Why would Ratliff be a good third option? He sucks. If this guy was never on the Jets and didn't throw some preseason td's you'd never think he was a great third option.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrickHouse;3716451]I for one am unsure of the production of our OL at the LG spot. VD isn't ready and Slauson isn't good at pass protecting yet. I would love to sign Max Jean Gilles who was recently cut out of Philly. Philly wants to sign him back but he was a starter for a couple of years down there. And with his size at the very least he can be a very good back up - better than what we currently have at the RG spot.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9685[/url]
    [url]http://blogs.mcall.com/eagles/2010/09/making-sense-of-a-chaotic-weekend.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Max Jean-Giles has done nothing but underachieve since he has come into the NFL.

I'll take my chances with Slauson who is at the very least, intimately familiar with Callahan's zone-blocking schemes.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3716493]Max Jean-Giles has done nothing but underachieve since he has come into the NFL.

I'll take my chances with Slauson who is at the very least, intimately familiar with Callahan's zone-blocking schemes.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but as a former 2nd round pick - he definitely has upside, and even if he doesnt start you can't say he doesn't provide excellent depth at the G position.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3716101]RB is probably our deepest position next to LBer.

Translation - Not happening.

We are very thin on the D-Line, one more injury and we have big problems.[/QUOTE]
    pssst , we ALREADY have big problems :(