Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Please Clarify the Revis Situation for Me...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Clarify the Revis Situation for Me...

Are these the "facts?"
    Revis is under a signed contract to play for the Jets for 3 more years...
    Jets want to reward him for outstanding performance this past season and offer to rework his contract to increase his salary...
    Jets offer Revis, obviously, more money (although we don't know how much more), and not less, than his present contract would pay him...
    Revis would earn more under this new contract than under the one he is presently signed to...
    Revis believes the new contract should include a pay raise that is even greater than the one the Jets are offering...
    Revis is refusing to play until the Jets agree to the amount of the increase he demands...
    Jets refuse to increase his pay as much as Revis demands...
    Hence, a standoff...

If an employer decides to reward an employee by raising his pay above what the employee had previously agreed to and signed a contract to, the employee may be dissapointed if the raise is not as much as what he had hoped for, but he should:
    be grateful that the employer raised his pay at all, and work for the new pay...
    [U] OR[/U]
    tell the employer that he believes he deserves more, that he will work under the terms of his old 3 year contract, and seek other employment after the 3 year contract expires.
    Either way, as far as I can see, Revis is in the wrong here for not continuing to work and holding out...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another Revis thread!!

[IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/CO7e7/not_again_cat.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we really need another thread on this? Yes Revis is being greedy. Yes the Jets need to pay up.

It sucks. Now pray and wait.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3716202]Another Revis thread!!

[IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/CO7e7/not_again_cat.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Ha, now that's pretty damn funny. Once I saw you replied to this thread I figured you'd be complaining about it just like ya did bout one of my threads, but that pic was good for a laugh. Nice. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your assessment is correct.
    Mevi$$$ is a greedy douchebag who deserves to be held out of football for the next 3 years by Woody Johnson.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis should look closer at the Nick Mangold situation. Mangold was on the verge of playing out his rookie contract this season, and look what happened, the Jets front office made Mangold the highest paid center in the league.

Revis isn't wrong for wanting more money, he's outplayed his rookie contract, but he's done wrong with the ways that he's gone about this situation. If he deserves the type of Aso money that he's asking for... He'll get it, in due time. Just ask both Ferguson and Mangold.
    Last edited by Bleed4TheGreen; 09-05-2010 at 12:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3716199]Are these facts?
    Either way, as far as I can see, Revis is in the wrong here for not continuing to work and holding out...[/QUOTE]

no, you're wrong. Revis is in the wrong for wanting more yearly than aso's absurdly unjust contract, but thats where it ends. The Jets from what i understand are guilty as well of making some subpar offers. i really do believe this can be solved with a better signing bonus.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3716202]Another Revis thread!!

[IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/CO7e7/not_again_cat.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

That's a nice little cat-guy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3716216]I feel Revis deserves to be paid as a top five CB, maybe even as the second highest paid corner in the league, but as of right now, he doesn't deserve to be paid more than Aso of the Raiders - all because Al Davis went nuts.

Revis should look closer at the Nick Mangold situation. Mangold was on the verge of playing out his rookie contract this season, and look what happened, the Jets front office made Mangold the highest paid center in the league. Mangold has earned every dollar that he'll get with his long term deal.

[B]Revis isn't wrong for wanting more money, he's outplayed his rookie contract,[/B] but he's done wrong with the ways that he's gone about this situation. He should have just accepted the pay raise the Jets were willing to give him this season, when they never had to offer him a pay raise to begin with, and work harder on getting the type of money that he feels he deserves. If he deserves the type of money he's asking for... He would have got it. Just ask both Ferguson and Mangold.[/QUOTE]

This is the biggest problem, I don't believe you can outplay a [B]1st [/B]round rookie contract in the NFL no matter how out of this world your production is. Revis was drafted 14th overall not 1st and was paid "over-slot" as it was. While Revis's play has been exceptional, 1st round picks are suppose to play like that. The Jets shouldn't be punished for drafting a stud and working within the system. Revis will get paid what the market dictates when/if he becomes a free agent. Revis and his agents pretty much decided he was going to hold out after his 3rd year when he signed the contract and they structured the deal and had it front loaded to do just that.

Just imagine after the new cba when the rookie contracts scale goes down, the # of holdouts there will be after guys have a good year.

The system obviously needs an overhaul, while the guaranteed contracts in the NBA aren't the solution (see James, Jerome or Curry, Eddy) you don't see guys like Kevin Durant or Tyreke Evans or any rookies holding out that "exceed" expectations.
    Last edited by cingular; 09-05-2010 at 12:43 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3716225]no, you're wrong. Revis is in the wrong for wanting more yearly than aso's absurdly unjust contract, but thats where it ends. The Jets from what i understand are guilty as well of making some subpar offers. i really do believe this can be solved with a better signing bonus.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Revis is wrong. If the Jets were willing to raise his current contract at all it should have been enough for Revis to end the holdout. The guy is under contract for 3 more years... he's trapped. This is worse than T.O.'s holdout with the Eagles.

Revis needs professional help. You can't invest a $100mil into a player that would do this to an organization, his teammates and their fans.

If he ever introduced in Jets uniform again, I will boo louder than I have ever booed before.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cingular;3716233]This is the biggest problem, I don't believe you can outplay a [B]1st [/B]round rookie contract in the NFL no matter how out of this world your production is. Revis was drafted 14th overall not 1st and was paid "over-slot" as it was. While Revis's play has been exceptional, 1st round picks are suppose to play like that. The Jets shouldn't be punished for drafting a stud and working within the system. Revis will get paid what the market dictates when/if he becomes a free agent. Revis and his agents pretty much decided he was going to hold out after his 3rd year when he signed the contract and they structured the deal and had it front loaded to do just that.

Just imagine after the new cba when the rookie contracts scale goes down, the # of holdouts there will be after guys have a good year.

The system obviously needs an overhaul, while the guaranteed contracts in the NBA aren't the solution (see James, Jerome or Curry, Eddy) you don't see guys like Kevin Durant or Tyreke Evans or any rookies holding out that "exceed" expectations.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post and I agree with your point of view 100%.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No more Revis threads, for godsake

there are probably 200 existing threads to discuss this little jerk and his agents.

enough

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3716310]No more Revis threads, for godsake

there are probably 200 existing threads to discuss this little jerk and his agents.

enough[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    just scan the first 2-3 pages of this place...All your answers are there...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3716245]Nope, Revis is wrong. If the Jets were willing to raise his current contract at all it should have been enough for Revis to end the holdout. The guy is under contract for 3 more years... he's trapped. This is worse than T.O.'s holdout with the Eagles.

Revis needs professional help. You can't invest a $100mil into a player that would do this to an organization, his teammates and their fans.

If he ever introduced in Jets uniform again, I will boo louder than I have ever booed before.[/QUOTE]

I too will be booing as loud as I can when he's introduced and everytime he touches the ball ...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

This sums it up pretty well

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZzOfpsqeys[/url]