Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you take this trade for Revis

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you take this trade for Revis

Washington Redskins rookie OT Trent Williams who has played great this pre season. DE Brian Orakpo and a 2nd round draft pick.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Chaz;3716479]Washington Redskins rookie OT Trent Williams who has played great this pre season. DE Brian Orakpo and a 2nd round draft pick.[/QUOTE]

That would never happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Chaz;3716479]Washington Redskins rookie OT Trent Williams who has played great this pre season. DE Brian Orakpo and a 2nd round draft pick.[/QUOTE]

You can't talk logical trades because the team would have to give up players and a pick plus a huge contract to Greedis.. No owner even Synder would do that..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would never happen. Orakpo is arguably their best defensive player and Trent Williams in their future at LT.

Not to mention the salary cap ramifications.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3716483]You can't talk logical trades because the team would have to give up players and a pick plus a huge contract to Greedis.. No owner even Synder would do that..[/QUOTE]

Synder would pre Shany and Allen just look at Hanesworth

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i live in DC. Orakpo is untouchable and a god down here. they likely wouldnt make Revis for Orakpo straight up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;3716492]Synder would pre Shany and Allen just look at Hanesworth[/QUOTE]

They signed those rookie's and they have their signing bonus money already..If they were traded they don't have to give it back..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is still under contract for 3 years, and if he's not willing to help us win a championship, I hope to the football gods that the Jets are ready to watch his NFL career rot away.

"The player that could have been".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is this Madden '11?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3716499]What is this Madden '11?[/QUOTE]

No it's MadatRevis 16..:P

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3716486]It would never happen. Orakpo is arguably their best defensive player and Trent Williams in their future at LT.

Not to mention the salary cap ramifications.[/QUOTE]

Of which besides a short term Qb, Qb and O line are their weakest links.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like

In a New York minute. :yes:

Truth of the matter is Dan Snyder is probably the only owner that would pay the ridiculous salary Revis is asking for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never would happen.

Orakpo for Revis straight up is a possibility though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another Revis thread and a ridiculous one at that...My gawd.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3716539]Never would happen.

Orakpo for Revis straight up is a possibility though.[/QUOTE]

Don't think it is. After getting burned with Bailey and Hall, I'm sure Snyder has realized an effective pass rush is more important then corners that are forced to cover for 10 seconds.

I think Oakland is the only possibility for any trade with Nnamdi (on a more reasonable contract extension) coming our way. Spin it that Revis is younger, and better and deserves the 16 million/per guaranteed for the next decade, crazy AL just might bite.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course I would. but the Skins are not dumb enough to make it. MEvi$ wants too much money for any team to seriously pursue him. The guy knows it but he is a GREEDY SOB. Let him rot for the next 4 years. Then lets see what he can command for a salary!:steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3716540]Another Revis thread and a ridiculous one at that...My gawd.[/QUOTE]

That pretty much sums it up :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cingular;3716551]Don't think it is. After getting burned with Bailey and Hall, I'm sure Snyder has realized an effective pass rush is more important then corners that are forced to cover for 10 seconds.

I think Oakland is the only possibility for any trade with Nnamdi (on a more reasonable contract extension) coming our way. Spin it that Revis is younger, and better and deserves the 16 million/per guaranteed for the next decade, crazy AL just might bite.[/QUOTE]

How was he burned on Bailey? The only thing he was burned on there was trading him.

Anyway, the best course of action is just to wait it out. Revis simply cannot sit out forever and he'll come back eventually. I keep coming back to that fact. The only hope he is he realizes that he can't sit out forever and comes back sooner rather than later.

No way he's willing to throw away his career.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis doesn't deserve to be traded.

If he's not willing to help us win a championship, he deserves to rot on the sidelines.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol the redskins would have 2 defensive players getting paid over $100 million. those 2 would be getting paid more than other teams' whole entire starting 11 defense.