Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you take this trade for Revis

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3716564]How was he burned on Bailey? The only thing he was burned on there was trading him.

Anyway, the best course of action is just to wait it out. Revis simply cannot sit out forever and he'll come back eventually. I keep coming back to that fact. The only hope he is he realizes that he can't sit out forever and comes back sooner rather than later.

No way he's willing to throw away his career.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, Champ threatened to hold out if they franchised tagged him so they traded him. Trading a franchise CB and a 2nd round pick for the right to pay another RB (even though it sort of worked out) is not exactly selling high or leaving on a great note. Joe Gibbs and Washington looked very foolish at the time in the eyes of the media and most of the NFL.

I agree with your point about Revis though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3716565]Revis doesn't deserve to be traded.

If he's not willing to help us win a championship, he deserves to rot on the sidelines.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. We still have all the leverage. We own his ass -- let him spend the next two years as a fan, then see what he's willing to play for.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3716850]Agreed. We still have all the leverage. We own his ass -- let him spend the next two years as a fan, then see what he's willing to play for.[/QUOTE]

What I'm afraid of is that he'll come back only to throw games, just like his preseason antics. :mad:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3716852]What I'm afraid of is that he'll come back only to throw games, just like his preseason antics. :mad:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't throw a game, not when he'll have to face players such as Jenkins, Scott and Ellis in the locker room. One of those guys would go after him, my guess would be Scott. Holding out is one thing, throwing a game is a different story.