Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoarders...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoarders...

Show is gross. My wife loves it. New episodes on tonight, the second one that starts at 10:00 looks horrendous, house full of **** and garbage.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3719667]Show is gross. My wife loves it. New episodes on tonight, the second one that starts at 10:00 looks horrendous, house full of **** and garbage.[/QUOTE]

You see the one where they found like 26 dead cats crushed under boxes in the living room and garage?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems the M.O. of television executives is to put a bunch of disgusting people on the screen so the viewers can feel better about themselves.

These hoarders are really beyond the pale though. I can't even watch the previews.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For weeks they showed one house during the previews and now they didn't even show the episode.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a marathon on today -- all Hoarders, all day. Don't know how anyone lives like that, some must truly be mentally ill.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3719667][B]Show is gross. My wife loves it.[/B] New episodes on tonight, the second one that starts at 10:00 looks horrendous, house full of **** and garbage.[/QUOTE]

LOL same here. I get grossed out watching these pigs (and that's what they are: PIGS) on that show. My wife DVRs the friggin' thing every week.

I remember one episode where a guy wouldn't flush his sh*t down the toilet, or throw out the dirty wads of toilet paper that he used to wipe his ass. And then there's always the ones where they find dead animals under all the garbage. Disgusting.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    should be called digusting **** people wont throw out!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;3720342]should be called digusting **** people wont throw out![/QUOTE]

i thought hoarding was keeping actual things, not being a pig who does not throw out garbage

never saw the show but someone said there was one where someone sh*t in diapers then threw the diapers in the bathromm and filled it up with them

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This show is disgusting and makes me feel very bad about the fact that someone has this type of mental illness and yet they have decided to exploit this for money. I don't know what's worse, the people with these disgusting homes or the trash of a human being that decided to try and make a lot of money off the show.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I first heard the advertisement for this show, I thought they said "Whores".

Man, was I disappointed. :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3720766]When I first heard the advertisement for this show, I thought they said "Whores".

Man, was I disappointed. :([/QUOTE]

LOL:P

It is VERY gross, but it seems to be a real mental illness. (hoarding, not whoring)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect313;3720354]i thought hoarding was keeping actual things, not being a pig who does not throw out garbage

never saw the show but someone said there was one where someone sh*t in diapers then threw the diapers in the bathromm and filled it up with them[/QUOTE]

It can be garbage but it can also just be stuff. There was one guy on last night called "Sir Patrick" (he claims he was knighted by Prince Charles) who just had so much shotchkes (sp?) that he couldn't move. He was trying to avoid bankruptcy so he had an auction. He said his crap was appraised at 2.7million. He got only 7k at the auction, was still just as crazy as ever and was still likely to declare bankruptcy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another sad thing is where there's a couple where one of them isn't a hoarder and doesn't have the balls to stand up to there spouse because theyre afraid of being alone. Most of these people are pretty poor too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it's really sad when family members say will have nothing to do with the person (usually mother or father) unless they clean up their house. Then the parent just can't do it. They say their stuff -- usually dirty, uncared-for junk -- is more important than family. I don't get it.

Some are disgusting, too. One woman had rotten fruit on the floor under all her newspapers and stuff. When the organizer asked her if they could take it all as trash, the woman insisted she go through a rotted, smelly, half-liquid pumpkin to save some of the seeds. Gross!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lone Star Lady;3721215] the woman insisted she go through a rotted, smelly, half-liquid pumpkin to save some of the seeds. Gross![/QUOTE]

In her defense, when cleaned, roasted and lightly salted, they are quite tasty.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... its really hard for me to get through one episode of this show... i mean some of these homes look decent on the outside but once you step in the property value must take a dramatic leap downward... :yes:

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3720766]When I first heard the advertisement for this show, I thought they said "Whores".

Man, was I disappointed. :([/QUOTE]
    lmao

"Whorders; Toronto's Great Interactive "Book" Store."

Slogan: Bet you can't book just one!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep watching only because one day one of these Professional Organizers is going to snap and show up with a steam shovel and a flamethrower, and smite their hovel to the ground...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wife is watching this show now...WTF is with these people?!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3986775]Wife is watching this show now...WTF is with these people?![/QUOTE]

Huh?

Ive seen the show many of time. They just have a few issues.