Post Thanks / Like

Flacco v. Sanchez playoff numbers

Flacco's playoff numbers in 5 combined games:

Comp - Att Comp% Yards TD INT QB Rat
    57 - 120 47.5% 660 1 6 46.5

Sanchez playoff numbers in 3 combined games:

41 - 68 60.3% 539 4 2 92.7

I'm tired of everyone acting like Flacco is this stud young QB who can do no wrong. The guy has been an absolute bum in big games against better opponents. Rex should be chomping at the bit getting a chance to face this guy. I expect our D to force multiple INTs and a lot of confusion from Flacco. This game is far more winnable than the one in week 2 against the Pats. Flacco is no Brady, not even close. Ravens WR corps has way too many new pieces to come out firing on all cylinders in week 1. Rice is really the only guy to be concerned about, but I feel pretty good about stopping him with Jenkins, Harris, and Scott in the middle of our D. Don't be surprised if we do a number on the Ravens O.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvlq1pbDfX1qzxzwwo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In case you don't remember, Flacco was playing really hurt in last year's playoffs. He could barely throw the ball. I do kind of agree that he's a bit overrated, but that should definitely be taken into account. As of right now, he's still better than Sanchez I think. Hopefully Sanchez can change that this season.

[QUOTE]According to ESPN's John Clayton, Joe Flacco's late-season "bruised quad" was much worse than reported, extending from his right hip to his right ankle.
    Coach John Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron waited until after the season was over to acknowledge Flacco's toughness, but they never fully disclosed the severity of the injury. It's amazing that Flacco was able to suit up in the playoffs, and the injury undoubtedly was behind his late-season fade. Clayton is one of the few national writers that likes Flacco as much as we do. He's poised to break out as an elite quarterback in 2010.
    Source: ESPN.com[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like our matchup against the Pats more than Baltimore just because the Pats have so little talent outside of Brady, Welker and Moss. And I just don't see Welker being the exact same for a few more weeks.

Baltimore is pretty loaded, even though Flacco is not amazing. They'll do a lot of safe types of passes where they are play actions meant to go to one guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;3722373]Flacco's playoff numbers in 5 combined games:

57 - 120 47.5% 660 1 6 46.5

Sanchez playoff numbers in 3 combined games:

41 - 68 60.3% 539 4 2 92.7

I'm tired of everyone acting like Flacco is this stud young QB who can do no wrong. The guy has been an absolute bum in big games against better opponents. Rex should be chomping at the bit getting a chance to face this guy. I expect our D to force multiple INTs and a lot of confusion from Flacco. This game is far more winnable than the one in week 2 against the Pats. Flacco is no Brady, not even close. Ravens WR corps has way too many new pieces to come out firing on all cylinders in week 1. Rice is really the only guy to be concerned about, but I feel pretty good about stopping him with Jenkins, Harris, and Scott in the middle of our D. Don't be surprised if we do a number on the Ravens O.[/QUOTE]

Flacco is a [U]great[/U] QB...

...when he's not being pressured.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco + Baltimore's O-line has seen the same exact defense in practice for the last 2+ years...

He/they should play better than most QB/offenses do against the Jets...

at least one would think...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    flacco started off great last year but got worse as the season went on. this is his 3rd year so i think he will be able to play very good the whole year especially with the additions of boldin and housh. his wr's last year were mediocre

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3722380]In case you don't remember, Flacco was playing really hurt in last year's playoffs. He could barely throw the ball. I do kind of agree that he's a bit overrated, but that should definitely be taken into account. As of right now, he's still better than Sanchez I think. Hopefully Sanchez can change that this season.[/QUOTE]

He was banged up in the Pats game, but only had a few passing attempts that wouldn't affect his overall numbers. Fact is, he was dreadful in his other 4 playoff games and was the only reason the Ravens did not make the SB his rookie year.

He might be a little more seasoned than Sanchez, but right now he is a choker. Sanchez has shown cool when the stakes are raised, you can't teach that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3722381]I like our matchup against the Pats more than Baltimore just because the Pats have so little talent outside of Brady, Welker and Moss. And I just don't see Welker being the exact same for a few more weeks.

Baltimore is pretty loaded, even though Flacco is not amazing. They'll do a lot of safe types of passes where they are play actions meant to go to one guy.[/QUOTE]

Agree. I'm most confident about beating the Pats of our first three games, especially now that Revis is back to shut down Moss. I think the Pats D is the weakest of our first three opponents, especially now that Sanchez's favorite receiver Leigh Bodden is on IR. And I'm confident our D will hold any offense down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3722380]In case you don't remember, Flacco was playing really hurt in last year's playoffs. He could barely throw the ball. I do kind of agree that he's a bit overrated, but that should definitely be taken into account. As of right now, he's still better than Sanchez I think. Hopefully Sanchez can change that this season.[/QUOTE]

And Flacco sucked the year before in the playoffs when he was completely healthy and the team went to the AFCCG.

We could use the injury excuse last year, but only if he played well in the playoffs when healthy IMO. That way we could show the difference. But Flacco was awful healthy and hurt in the postseason.

In fact, off all postseason QBs with at least 5 postseason starts Flacco is one of the worst statistical QBs.