Thread: Did you hear about this car accident?

All Pro

Did you hear about this car accident?

Tom Brady was involved in a car accident Thursday morning, but was not hospitalized and told the Patriots he was OK, the team confirmed in an announcement.

Brady did not speak to reporters, though he did take part in the walkthrough prior to practice. Boston Herald beat writer Ian R. Rapoport said that Brady participated in the full practice Thursday afternoon as expected.

"He's here, he's ready to go," Patriots tight end Alge Crumpler said after the walkthrough.

Brady was reportedly "shaken" by the accident, but ESPNBoston.com said that Brady didn't go to the hospital and traveled to Gillette Stadium after he was picked up by another vehicle. According to the WEEI report, Brady's Audi struck a Ford minivan, but Brady was able to walk around after the accident.

The Boston Globe reported that Brady did not receive medical treatment.

"I saw [Brady] a little while ago and he looks OK. I saw him walking in, he had a smile on his face, no abrasions," linebacker Tully Banta-Cain said. "I think he's fine. That was my first reaction."

Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald told the Globe that a sedan and a passenger van collided at 6:34 a.m. at Commonwealth Avenue and Gloucester Street. According to the Globe report, one witness said that Brady had a green light at Commonwealth when the minivan went through a red light and the two vehicles collided.

A man in the back of the minivan got stuck and had to be removed with the Jaws of Life, then was transported to an area hospital, according to MacDonald. Fire officials told the AP that a passenger in one vehicle sustained injuries not considered life-threatening. There were at least two people in the passenger van, according to MacDonald.

MacDonald told the Globe a traffic light was hit during the accident and Boston police were currently investigating.

"I want to thank the safety personnel for their service, and express our concern and support for the well-being of the occupants of the other vehicle," Brady's agent, Don Yee, said in a statement.

Brady, entering his 11th season with the Patriots, had been reportedly close to finalizing a big contract extension, with an expected value between $18 million and $20 million per season.

The Patriots are scheduled to face the Bengals on Sunday in their season opener.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did you hear that the Jets signed Revis?

Jets Insider VIP

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Did you hear that the Jets signed Revis?
    Phuck mevi$$ er! I am sorry! I mean Revis. We can do without him. matter o fact I dont trust now. If we play him for more 10 mins. this monday night we are gonna get killed. he's not ready for some jet football. Mark my writing and I am always right.

Schluberator & Gadfly

All League
    The onlhy thing remarkable about this is the amount of media attention it got. STUPID media.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    The onlhy thing remarkable about this is the amount of media attention it got. STUPID media.
    I don't know. Did you see that van? Lucky someone wasn't killed.

Note to self: Renew subscription to "Behind the Times"

How is this not in the dump yet?

Hall Of Fame

Thanks, Rip Van Winkle

In other news,: OJ Simpson is a murderer, the Saints are Superbowl champs, Bill Belichick is a cheating scumbag, Tom Brady is gay, and Brett Favre now plays for Vikings.

I also heard something about a really bad oil spill somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico.

All League
    did you here we won the revolution?? we are free from the english!!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    "I want to thank the safety personnel for their service, and express our concern and support for the well-being of the occupants of the other vehicle," Brady's agent, Don Yee, said in a statement.
    "Tom would thank them himself, but as you know, he's walking around practice.... smiling."

-

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    How is this not in the dump yet?
    Because I saved this thread.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    Because I saved this thread.
    lmao

Veteran
    did anyone see that Brady's car had Jersey plates? That was strange.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    did anyone see that Brady's car had Jersey plates? That was strange.
    Maybe it belonged to a "friend" of Bellicheats.