View Poll Results: Who will have a bigger impact this year?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jason Taylor

44 47.31%
  • Vernon Gholston

49 52.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bigger impact, Jason Taylor or Vernon Gholston?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bigger impact, Jason Taylor or Vernon Gholston?

Was thinking about this earlier and wanted to know what the rest of JI thinks...

Who will have a bigger impact and better season for the Jets - Jason Taylor or Vernon Gholston?

I am going with Gholston, I did not like 1 thing I saw from Taylor at all through out the Preseason and Hard Knocks. Gholston has shown some improvement, and while neither will have a HUGE impact IMO, I am going with Gholston.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3726240]Was thinking about this earlier and wanted to know what the rest of JI thinks...

Who will have a bigger impact and better season for the Jets - Jason Taylor or Vernon Gholston?

I am going with Gholston, I did not like 1 thing I saw from Taylor at all through out the Preseason and Hard Knocks. Gholston has shown some improvement, and while neither will have a HUGE impact IMO, I am going with Gholston.

Poll Coming...[/QUOTE]

Jason TAylor, especially with the injury to Pace, is a starter. Vernon is not. Taylor will be more productive by default, IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intothegreen;3726243]Jason TAylor, especially with the injury to Pace, is a starter. Vernon is not. Taylor will be more productive by default, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Taylor is way passed his prime. He can contribute as a situational pass rusher and that's it. Where do you get Taylor is a starter from?

EDIT: Also didn't someone say that Taylor would have been cut if Pace didn't get hurt?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3726244]Taylor is way passed his prime. He can contribute as a situational pass rusher and that's it. Where do you get Taylor is a starter from?

EDIT: Also didn't someone say that Taylor would have been cut if Pace didn't get hurt?[/QUOTE]

Didnt Rex say after the Pace injury that his snaps went from 75% to 100%?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on how much gholsten plays. but jason taylor is a joke and will suck for us this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taylor is old, and looks like he doesn't give a damn any more. VG is ready to produce, and will get a lot of PT this year. My money is on VG over the rotting Phish.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3726240]Was thinking about this earlier and wanted to know what the rest of JI thinks...

I am going with Gholston, I did not like 1 thing I saw from Taylor at all through out the Preseason and Hard Knocks. Gholston has shown some improvement, and while neither will have a HUGE impact IMO, I am going with Gholston.[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell us that you expected REX to show us anything that he will do in the real season. Lets see what happens when the lights go on and it is for real. Never judge crap by preseason exhibitions and HK. They mean nothing. I also expect Sanchez to look totally different then he did in preseason.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    have this weird feeling VG gets a sack Monday Night. VG comes from outside, jets throw blitz from inside which forces tackle to pinch in and lets VG come virtually untouched for the sack.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im ready to get on the Gholsten bandwagon. He just needs to make some plays in a meaningful game. Lets start monday night vern.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3726244]EDIT: [B]Also didn't someone say that Taylor would have been cut if Pace didn't get hurt?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes.

[IMG]http://www.3click.tv/mp4//The%20Simpsons/season6/metadata/55559.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said JT only because of his 127.5 sack body of work. He's going to play more as a starter...so I'm hoping he produces accordingly. But it's not with any conviction...cause as others said...he's showed us nothing in preseason. Just the opposite of what LT has done.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think VG is going to prove his worth during these first 4 games that Calvin is out. Jason Taylor will be lucky to make it to the games let alone sack the quarterback :P. I'm betting VG will get around 5 sacks this season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna go with the guy who looked better in the pre season

Vernon Gholston :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Gholston's still never touched a quarterback in a real game. No sacks, but also not a single knock-down. I don't think he'll ever be a good pass rusher (but he can contribute other ways). Had to vote for Taylor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Jason Taylor will have a bigger impact, but Gholston will (finally) take some real steps forward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are we Kidding!!!!

You can hate Taylor all you want but Jason Taylor is a first Ballot HOF player!!!!!! You guys are judging him by the preseason....... We wont judge Sanchez by the preseason but we judge JT.... Yea that makes sense...:rolleyes:

And while I like VG and have rooted for him from the begining since his time here with the Jets; VG has yet to prove he can get on the field against regular first NFL players!!!!

Come on... Hate JT if you must, but VG is or will better than him....GOOD GRIEF!!!!:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comparing LTs preseason to JTs makes no sense....L T has a chip on his shoulder...JT has no reason to hustle in preseason...

This shouldn't even be a discussion...

As of today its JT over VG until VG proves otherwise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both should be sent to a 70s-era gulag after a good, old fashioned horse whipping.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it's Gholston. I have seen him hit the QB twice in Preseason (once last year, once this year) and he just unloads on them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetzIL;3726318]I hope it's Gholston. I have seen him hit the QB twice in Preseason (once last year, once this year) and he just unloads on them.[/QUOTE]

+1 he does crush people when he makes contact