Thread: The press seems to forget...

The press seems to forget...

...that Sanchez, although he did throw a lot of interceptions last season, show up in big games as well as prime time games. The games that I am particularly looking at are:

Week 5 Monday night game against the Dolphins, after the horrible game against the Saints.
    C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING
    12/24 172 7.2 1 0 87.5

Week 13 Thursday Night game against the Bills even though he left the game.
    7/15 104 6.9 1 0 92.1

Week 16 Sunday Games against the Colts the "Give Me" game
    12/19 106 5.6 0 0 78.0

Week 17 Sunday Night game against the Bengals another "Give Me" games
    8/16 63 3.9 0 0 60.2

PostSeason
    Week1 against the Bengals
    12/15 182 12.1 1 0 139.4

Week2 against the Chargers
    12/23 100 4.3 1 1 60.1

Week3 against the Colts
    17/30 257 8.6 2 1 93.3

So he showed up in these games. I would also like to record reflect that in atleast two games (the first Miami game and against Jacksonville) he drove the team down the field for the go ahead score only to have the defense give up the winning scores on the final play of the game. All this as rookie no less.

Is Sanchez perfect? No! I'm just tired of hearing all the prognosticators saying how "Sanchez needs to take huge steps this year" or "can Sanchez throw them back into a game if they get behind" without acknowledging when it was time to step up last year, for the most part, he did.

[QUOTE=JetzIL;3726306]...that Sanchez, although he did throw a lot of interceptions last season, show up in big games as well as prime time games. The games that I am particularly looking at are:

Week 5 Monday night game against the Dolphins, after the horrible game against the Saints.
    12/24 172 7.2 1 0 87.5

Week 13 Thursday Night game against the Bills even though he left the game.
    7/15 104 6.9 1 0 92.1

Week 16 Sunday Games against the Colts the "Give Me" game
    12/19 106 5.6 0 0 78.0

Week 17 Sunday Night game against the Bengals another "Give Me" games
    8/16 63 3.9 0 0 60.2

PostSeason
    Week1 against the Bengals
    12/15 182 12.1 1 0 139.4

Week2 against the Chargers
    12/23 100 4.3 1 1 60.1

Week3 against the Colts
    17/30 257 8.6 2 1 93.3

So he showed up in these games. I would also like to record reflect that in atleast two games (the first Miami game and against Jacksonville) he drove the team down the field for the go ahead score only to have the defense give up the winning scores on the final play of the game. All this as rookie no less.

Is Sanchez perfect? No! I'm just tired of hearing all the prognosticators saying how "Sanchez needs to take huge steps this year" or "can Sanchez throw them back into a game if they get behind" without acknowledging when it was time to step up last year, for the most part, he did.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, in the Bills and Bengals games, he had long TD passes dropped by Braylon. The Bills TD would have added 60 yards and a TD and the Bengals would have added 40 and a TD.

I have a feeling the Sanchize is going to come up big Monday night, but LT will turn some dumpoff passes into big plays which will be the difference.

[QUOTE=SackDancer99;3726310]Don't forget, in the Bills and Bengals games, he had long TD passes dropped by Braylon. The Bills TD would have added 60 yards and a TD and the Bengals would have added 40 and a TD.

I have a feeling the Sanchize is going to come up big Monday night, [B]but LT will turn some dumpoff passes into big plays which will be the difference.[/B][/QUOTE]

This is what I'm banking on.

Let the HOF take some pressure off the kid.

Add in some power running from Greene and hopefully we won't NEED great numbers from #6. . .

how could you leave out week 2?

Mark is going to prove to everyone this season that passing [I]is[/I] his forte.

Absolutely

[QUOTE=Chupa;3726341]how could you leave out week 2?[/QUOTE]
    You're absolutely right. That was huge game last year I never got the sense he could not handle it.

I don't remember what his stats were but I remember how big that touchdown was to Keller was at the time. The situation never seems to big for him but for some reason guys like Ray Lucus and Don La Greca don't acknowledge that.

Jets Insider VIP

+10

in that game he made the Justin Bieber hair reckless driver look like the rookie in the game

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

If only the O had to score 10 points to win every week.

If you take out the games where he wasn't good, he was good!

[QUOTE=FF2;3726433]If you take out the games where he wasn't good, he was good![/QUOTE]
    :rolleyes: