Thread: Sanchez needs to make Mark for Jets to be great(good TRich,Keller quotes)

Sanchez needs to make Mark for Jets to be great(good TRich,Keller quotes)

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/wires/09/10/2020.ap.fbn.jets.making.a.mark.1st.ld.writethru.0989/[/url]

nice quotes about Mark's work ethic and growth from TRich and Dustin.

Good article.

Referenced Sanchez's poor numbers when he had to throw a lot (same as what Ray Lewis said).

The question is WHY he threw so much those games-- if it's because they were behind, it's understandable if he found himself forcing the issue and making bad decisions under pressure.

While I want to keep running the ball this year, I hope we throw more ON PURPOSE. Just to keep the defense more honest, and use the weapons we have at our disposal.

We don't have to be dominant, but it will take consistency in BOTH phases to go all the way . . .

[QUOTE=OCCH;3726505]Good article.

[B]Referenced Sanchez's poor numbers when he had to throw a lot[/B] (same as what Ray Lewis said).

The question is WHY he threw so much those games-- if it's because they were behind, it's understandable if he found himself forcing the issue and making bad decisions under pressure.

While I want to keep running the ball this year, I hope we throw more ON PURPOSE. Just to keep the defense more honest, and use the weapons we have at our disposal.

We don't have to be dominant, but it will take consistency in BOTH phases to go all the way . . .[/QUOTE]

I don't have stats in front of me but did Sanchez really throw "a lot" in any game last year? I mean the Jets ran the ball more than any other team so I don't think Mark really had any 40 pass attempt days. I do recall quite a few interceptions last season that were the result of the team needing to score late in the game ... Buffalo, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Indy (AFCCG) come to mind.

[QUOTE=teng;3726586]I don't have stats in front of me but did Sanchez really throw "a lot" in any game last year? I mean the Jets ran the ball more than any other team so I don't think Mark really had any 40 pass attempt days. I do recall quite a few interceptions last season that were the result of the team needing to score late in the game ... Buffalo, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Indy (AFCCG) come to mind.[/QUOTE]

I believe the criteria was 30 attempts -- the numbers weren't good, but I was too lazy to see the circumstances they came under:D