Thread: Did we name our captains yet?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Did we name our captains yet?

Who is wearing the "C" on their jersey this year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are no captains.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    These would be my three team captains if I were Rex Ryan.

Offense: Mark Sanchez. Sanchez looks to be a young franchise QB in the making, but he must develope into a strong team leader before taking it to the next level of being considered as a field general. Being a team captain would be a step in the right direction in terms of becoming a team leader. Honorable mention goes to Nick Mangold. He's the perfect example of a player who's earned each and every dollar of his current contract.

Defense: Bart Scott. If not for the hold out, Revis would have been my selection, but missing an entire offseason doesn't show the type of quality leadership that you look for in a team leader. Honorable mentions go to Shaun Ellis, David Harris and Kris Jenkins - I love those guys. I just feel that Bart Scott is made up of nothing but guts and toughness. He's the type of defensive player that plays the game with a passion.

Special teams: Honestly? Mike Westhoff. If I have to go with a player, it'll be Brad Smith. Brad Smith is a player, that came into his own last season in terms of making plays on the football field.
    Last edited by Bleed4TheGreen; 09-10-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3726481]These would be my three team captains if I were Rex Ryan.

Offense: Mark Sanchez. Sanchez looks to be a young franchise QB in the making, but he must develope into a strong team leader before taking it to the next level of being considered as a field general. Being a team captain would be a step in the right direction in terms of becoming a team leader. Honorable mention goes to Nick Mangold. He's the perfect example of a player who's earned each and every dollar of his current contract.

Defense: Bart Scott. If not for the hold out, Revis would have been my selection, but missing an entire offseason doesn't show the type of quality leadership that you look for in a team leader. Honorable mentions go to Shaun Ellis, David Harris and Kris Jenkins - I love those guys. I just feel that Bart Scott is made up of nothing but guts and toughness. He's the type of defensive player that plays the game with a passion.

[B]Special teams: Honestly? Mike Westhoff. If I have to go with a player, it'll be Brad Smith. Brad Smith is a player, that came into his own last season in terms of making plays on the football field[/B].[/QUOTE]

You got the wrong smith buddy. Eric would be my ST captain. He's was an animal on kick coverage last year and did a great job this preseason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsfan95;3726530]You got the wrong smith buddy. Eric would be my ST captain. He's was an animal on kick coverage last year and did a great job this preseason.[/QUOTE]

wait a sec. is Eric smith still playing football. coulda swore he got cut last week, I could be wrong. jeeesous!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    jets dont have captains and i for one love that...looks ridiculous...only works in hockey

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember Rex annoints captains on a per-week basis. As such we don't wear the "C's. Scott and Leonhard at the very least will definitely be out there on Monday night.

Plus I think they're going to have the NMS patches on their jerseys this year, two patches are enough.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe they are gameday, per game.