Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills Parcells reportedly "disappointed" in Chad Henne

Bills Parcells reportedly "disappointed" in Chad Henne

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/10/bills-parcells-reportedly-disappointed-in-chad-henne/[/url]

Bills Parcells reportedly "disappointed" in Chad Henne
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 10, 2010 7:31 PM ET
    A training camp that started sunny in Miami has given way to an increasing number of dark clouds over the Dolphins franchise. Add this comment from NFL.com's Vic Carucci to the mix:

"I will say, for whatever weight this carries, that Bill Parcells is very disappointed in [Chad Henne]," Carucci said on WEEI on Friday. "But that's not what made Bill resign his position or anything."

Unfortunately, the show's hosts cut Carucci off with jokes before the listeners could learn more, but the point was made. Carucci is tight with Parcells, and you can be sure those concerns extend throughout the upper brass of the organization.

There have been other red flags for Miami over the last month. Parcells abruptly left. Much-hyped rookie linebacker Koa Misi lost his starting job. Cornerback Sean Smith lost his job to Jason Allen. The offensive line is unsettled.

None of these issues are backbreakers; it's only the preseason. But they combine to make a team that should be on the rise enter the season with a lot of bad vibes.

Henne's development is the key. He slogged through an inconsistent preseason and training camp, dimming some of my optimism that the Dolphins were going to be a playoff team this year.

I still think Henne can be a very good NFL starter. But Carucci's statements make you wonder whether we'll going to hear more columns touting Chad Pennington for the starting job if the Dolphins start slowly.

Parcells mindgames. He's made a living out of this kind of stuff. He's trying to light a fire under Henne.

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3726465]Parcells mindgames. He's made a living out of this kind of stuff. He's trying to light a fire under Henne.[/QUOTE]

You're usually pretty level headed but I think you are way off target here. That's like some of the rationalization that goes on here with regards to Jets players.

Parcells always comes in at the low and likes to leave at the high.....every time. Maybe he knows someting and there's substance here. Who knows.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Maybe Parcells wanted Pennington to start this season, Sparano didn't, Parcells decides he wants to step aside...

[quote=Armando Alguero]I can assure everyone that Bill Parcells is not disappointed in Chad Henne at this time. Period.[/quote]

[URL="http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/24150883997"]http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/24150883997[/URL]

That's what our jackass beat writer says. If I remember correctly, it was Armando who was saying that Pennington outplayed Henne in training camp.

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3726465]Parcells mindgames. He's made a living out of this kind of stuff. He's trying to light a fire under Henne.[/QUOTE]

+1
    This is a typical Parcells motivational ploy.

Henne to me is the same qb so far that I watched at Michigan.Some games he looks like a great qb,other times he looks very to below average.

We are in the same boat with our qb's.I'm not sold on Sanchez yet at all.I don't know how good/if he's gonna be

The Pennington whispers have been going on for about a month now.

Look for Penny to come in relief of Henne, should the Dolphins start out poorly.

Miami does have a history of starting off strongly, and then tapering off towards the end of the year.

Being a dolphins fan is a fate worse than death.... what a soap opera of an organization.

[QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;3726499]Henne to me is the same qb so far that I watched at Michigan.Some games he looks like a great qb,other times he looks very to below average.

We are in the same boat with our qb's.I'm not sold on Sanchez yet at all.I don't know how good/if he's gonna be[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it's not like he's been extraordinarily bad this preseason. I'd blame his preseason "struggles" more on awful weather and the WRs dropping half of his throws.

This was my first thought as well. Seems kind of curious that something like this would leak out, when very little of what Parcells says behind closed doors makes its way into the papers.

Then there's always the very real possibility that this reporter is just talking out of his ass, which seemed to be a common trend among the media this offsesaon.
    Last edited by fullblast; 09-10-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Henne will be on a super short leash. Sparano and Ireland need to win now. If they dont make the playoffs, Ross will can everyone and bring in his own guys. I see pennington in starting by week 3 or 4. And being that it would be an even year, watch out for CP

[QUOTE=John_0515;3726544]The Pennington whispers have been going on for about a month now.

Look for Penny to come in relief of Henne, should the Dolphins start out poorly.

Miami does have a history of starting off strongly, and then tapering off towards the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

IMO this is due in large part to the huge home field advantage afforded by early season home games in the South Florida heat and humidity. Visiting teams simply run out of gas in the 2nd half because they are not accustomed to the heat. This season the Fins do not have a home daytime game until Week 7 October 24 v. Pitt. this does not bode well for the Fins typical strong start.

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3726496][URL="http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/24150883997"]http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/24150883997[/URL]

That's what our jackass beat writer says. If I remember correctly, it was Armando who was saying that Pennington outplayed Henne in training camp.[/QUOTE]

I'd be disapointed if my QB was being outplayed by Chad Pennington too.

I still don't think Henne is all that good though, career underachiever at Michigan.

Veteran
    Without a doubt, this is a strange story to leak now.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3726544]The Pennington whispers have been going on for about a month now.

Miami does have a history of starting off strongly, and then tapering off towards the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

much like my turds.

Jets Insider VIP
    what's next for the fishies??

trading to get the entire GInn family back??

Veteran
    Honestly. Have I been sleeping under a rock for 5 years? Where in the hell has all this fear of Chad Henne becoming a top quarterback come from? A pedestrian 12 TD's and 14 INT's last year. This guy is the epitome of average, and will never hurt the Jets. I think you guys are forgetting......

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bzZEtOcb8[/url]

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3726590]Henne will be on a super short leash. Sparano and Ireland need to win now. If they dont make the playoffs, Ross will can everyone and bring in his own guys. I see pennington in starting by week 3 or 4. And being that it would be an even year, watch out for CP[/QUOTE]

i think your right, maybe you should go home and put on sweater.