Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the Jets tip their hand to the Ravens with Hard Knocks?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the Jets tip their hand to the Ravens with Hard Knocks?

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE][B]Cam Cameron says he studied Jets on Hard Knocks [/B]

9/10/2010 7:29:49 PM |

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron acknowledged that he watched the New York Jets’ star turn on Hard Knocks, studying the HBO program to try to glean any knowledge about their personnel and schemes.

"Yeah, there was probably a lot revealed in that strategically, the way I viewed it," Cameron said. "At least what we were jotting down. There was a lot of stuff in there strategically. I’ve had people newsreel it because you’re looking for any strategic advantage just like anybody else would.”

However, Cameron backed off his comments a bit when asked if he’ll be able to utilize the information Monday night against the Jets.

"I'm not going to say that yet," Cameron said. "You'd have had me if I'd have said 'yes' right there. That was pretty good. He had me, didn't he, because I could read that one already? So, you can't say it because I didn't say it."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really curious to see what an NFL insider who watched Hard Knocks thinks of this article.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They wish they gained anything from it...

They're actually pretty scared and they are trying to make the Jets think twice...which will NOT happen.

As Tyson would say, They already lost!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3726512]I am really curious to see what an NFL insider who watched Hard Knocks thinks of this article.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how he could have got any more from Hard Knocks then he would have got from watching the pre-seaon games and that wouldn't be very much.

Sounds like a bunch hogwash to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be shocked if they picked up more in HK than they did in the preseason games, and we already know how much the preseason games are worth . . .

If somehow they did give something away, then it's on them. They're in control of what's shown, and shame on them for not being more careful.

Maybe Rex threw them a bone to help "even the playing field":D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    it should be remembered that this is the same dimbulb who drafted Ted Ginn and the entire Ginn family in the first round of the draft, was booed off the podium of a Stinking Fish fan draft party and then "led" the sardines to a 1-15 record before getting s--tcanned.

Not sure he could glean anything if Rex sent him a copy of the defensive playbook

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, no they did not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They learned that they should be worried about some guy named terminator...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They learned that Cromartie is back to pro-bowl form and the best CB in the business is back in the house.

Good luck on Monday Cam.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;3726529]They learned that they should be worried about some guy named terminator...[/QUOTE]

Got that right!

Ray is putting on extra padding.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets were shown a final cut of the show prior to each episode being released. They then had the option of censoring any part of the show. You would think that if anything important was in the footage they would redact it.

Also we never heard these comments on any prior season of hard knocks. Sounds like some solid cowpie to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Nx0BiO6Zc[/url]

Do we really care what this guy thinks?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

M&M's

He learned that Rex's weakness is M&M's. He's divising a plan to exploit that weakness as we speak

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baltimore Ravens Top 7 Insider Strategies for Week 1 of the NFL season learned from Hard Knocks with the New York Jets.

1. Watch out for Danny Woodhead, he's a beast!

2. Recruit local schoolkids and give them front-row seats so they can yell daddy to Cromartie. That will surely mess his head up.

3. Double team that terminator guy (John Connor). Maybe if we will double-team him he won't totally demolish our guys.

4. Keep our eyes on Mark Sanchez in case he doesn't work out as their QB. We need a new OC.

5. Lets double-team Santonio Holmes, he's their best receiver.

6. Take out Shonn Greene and L.T. and force McKnight to be the RB. (He fumbles a lot)

7. Lets Bring snacks to our sideline so we can distract Rex with them and mess up his play-calling.

:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just proves Cam is an idiot. Hard Knocks showed nothing. Also, if I was Cam, I would be studying last year's tapes because nothing is going to change, except we have even more talent on the field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Cam wants to dissect hardknocks, It could be considered a compliment.
    If that much effort is givin, something must be hitting home.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JI;3726550]If Cam wants to dissect hardknocks, It could be considered a compliment.
    If that much effort is givin, something must be hitting home.[/QUOTE]

Cam is going to leak to the media that the game is really at the Roscoe Diner and see if the Jets fall for it.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    They had 4 preseason games that they watched, uncut and no jokes. Teams don't divulge too much during preseason, or HK, they are getting the regulars geared up, and mostly trying to find players. For the most part you have to keep it somewhat basic for guys that have never been in the NFL.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every team knows what the Jets will bring

Offense: major doses of run with some passing

Defense: blitz up the wazoo some times ESP on 3rd and long, fake blitz or no blitz

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I worry about from Hard Knocks is something like knowing exactly how weak we are at LG and that's where an opposing D should attack the line.

Then again I think that was somewhat common knowledge from preseason games, but it scares me a little.