Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Keller... Superstar...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Keller... Superstar...

I've pushed this guy. He's a stud. No mention in Hard Knocks. You want to see Force?... watch this guy. He will save Sanchez.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-vS7o0PEs[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, he's a special TE in the making. He's faster than just about every LB out there, stronger than most safetys, and has really solid hands. He was ranked as the Nations #1 pass catching TE coming out of college for a reason, he'll become a nightmare matchup for opposing defensive coordinators for many of years to come. I believe he'll come into his own as a 3rd year pro this season. Once Santonio Holmes returns, I could picture Dustin Keller starting to take over games as an impact playmaker. With Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery as our trio of WR's - Dustin Keller could be on the verge of becoming our biggest offensive threat. Like they say, a young QB's best friend should always be his TE. I'm just glad the Jets drafted a good one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DK is Da King :yes::D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller is a nightmare matchup. Sanchez and Dustin developed a good rapport towards the season's end. Culminating with a TD to Keller in each playoff game. The odds are favorable that Keller adds to the string against an over matched Ravens secondary.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a huge Keller fan as well. This kid could be a monster. The problem is that either Schotty doesn't call his number, or Sanchez doesn't look for him. Anytime Sanchez sees a linebacker has Keller in coverage, the ball should come his way.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right I don't know what's going on, he should be at the very least his baby blanket, maybe this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3726956]With [B]Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery[/B] as our trio of WR's - [B]Dustin Keller[/B] could be on the verge of becoming our biggest offensive threat. [/QUOTE]

Add Cumberland in a 5 receiver set and who is going to stop that?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Keller... Superstar...

Come on don't you know gronkowski and Hernandez are both better then Keller.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3727009]Add Cumberland in a 5 receiver set and who is going to stop that?[/QUOTE]

I'd rather see Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Keller and L.T when going 5 wide. It's been a very long time since the Jets have had this many pass catching talents.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    keller is a beast but he won't realize his true value in this offense I feel...i see a 48 catch, 633 yd, 11 td kinda year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about superstar, he's a really good receiver though. Hopefully he can develop as a blocker so we don't have to sub him out on running plays.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kellar was invisible for weeks at a time last year, wether thats on him or the scheme i don't know.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;3727053]Kellar was invisible for weeks at a time last year, wether thats on him or the scheme i don't know.[/QUOTE]

Thats because the Jets not only rushed the football more than any team, but we also passed the ball fewer times than any other team in the league last season.

I cant blame players such as Edwards, Cotchery and Keller for not putting up big time numbers last season, all because we had an offensive scheme that was designed to protect our rookie QB from having to do too much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;3727053]Kellar was invisible for weeks at a time last year, wether thats on him or the scheme i don't know.[/QUOTE]

+1

ability and college highlights mean nothing, wake me up when he becomes an NFL caliber star. very disappointed in the regular season:

w1 4 for 94
    w2 3 for 22 TD
    w3 2 for 24
    w4 3 for 31
    w5 nada
    w6 2 for 16
    w7 1 for 26
    w8 8 for 76 TD
    w9 bye
    w10 6 for 58
    w11 3 for 38
    w12 4 for 68
    w13 1 for 5
    w14 1 for 3
    w15 3 for 33
    w16 3 for 19
    w17 1 for 9

playoffs (when he woke up)

w1 3 for 99 TD
    w2 3 for 19 TD
    w3 6 for 63 TD

lets see what he does this year...until then those college highlightes are the same ones that were being posted when he got drafted 2 years ago...and haven't meant much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;3727068]+1

ability and college highlights mean nothing, wake me up when he becomes an NFL caliber star. very disappointed in the regular season:

lets see what he does this year...until then those college highlightes are the same ones that were being posted when he got drafted 2 years ago...and haven't meant much.[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with this. Passed on him several times in my draft. Hopefully he makes me look bad, but there are much more proven TE out there right now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3727065]Thats because the Jets not only rushed the football more than any team, but we also passed the ball fewer times than any other team in the league last season.

I cant blame players such as Edwards, Cotchery and Keller for not putting up big time numbers last season, all because we had an offensive scheme that was designed to protect our rookie QB from having to do too much.[/QUOTE]

With success in life, haters gotta hate.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Keller should be a lot more dominant than he is. There were many times when he was single covered by a LB and he couldn't get free. There were several INTs that Sanchez threw that weren't really bad passes - seemed like Keller rounded off his route allowing the defender to undercut him and make a play on the ball. I'm not sure if he's a great route runner at this point, TBH.

There's really no excuses this year. WIth the guys at WR that the JEts have, he will have plenty of favorable opportunities. If he doesn't get continually open, that will be a big disappointment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You put him on a team with a proven QB and he is an All-Pro. He is a Dallas Clark clone, probably a better athlete.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    His inconsistantcy is mostly because he's the 3rd target (at best) on the offense that passed the ball the least amount of times in the league last year (mainly because of the rookie QB). You put him on a team like Indy and he would be putting up close to what Clark does, IMO.

As Sanchez develops, Keller will become a star. IMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3727142]His inconsistantcy is mostly because he's the 3rd target (at best) on the offense that passed the ball the least amount of times in the league last year (mainly because of the rookie QB). You put him on a team like Indy and he would be putting up close to what Clark does, IMO.

As Sanchez develops, Keller will become a star. IMO.[/QUOTE]

That's a fair point. Not many balls to go around last year.