Thread: Nick Folk

Nick Folk

it seems to me.that reading all the comments about Nick Folk.That many jet fans feel insecure about folk as the jets place kicker.I for one believe that Folk is on a mission to excell.remember that he had surgery on his hip.which is a debilitating operation.But if you go back to the year 2007.he was an all pro kicker for the cowboys. Lets hope that I am right.

Up until the middle of last season Folk was considered on of the best kickers in the NFL. If indeed he has returned to form, he will be our kicker for the foreseeable future.

All Pro
    Folk will have to prove himself in-season, but he's already putting KOs in the End Zone regularly which was a problem for Feely. Field Position is important and
    so is slowing down opponents momentum or preventing Ted Ginn-type TDs.

Feely was wonderful in the Cincy playoff subbing for Weatherford but there
    were also various ST problems all year that led to blown FGs and games.
    (Buffalo, Atlanta, missed FG in title game etc)

Dearth is gone, didn't see if Brunell is now holding .

All Pro
    Why five stars?

All League
    It's a win/win either way. Folk could be great for us if he returns to his pro-bowl form... and if not than we can just release him and sign Kris Brown.

To tell you all the truth, Nick Folk scares the living daylights out of me. His kickoffs are tremendous but his FG and PAT kicking has me worried. The pre-season has been OK but I fear his confidence will easily be rattled. Hopefully I am just overly pessimistic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=The Nature Boy;3727467]To tell you all the truth, Nick Folk scares the living daylights out of me. His kickoffs are tremendous but his FG and PAT kicking has me worried. The pre-season has been OK but I fear his confidence will easily be rattled. Hopefully I am just overly pessimistic.[/QUOTE]

I liked Jay Feely- a lot of Jets fans did.. but in retrospect, it was probably more due to his TD saving tackles than for his accuracy on FGs or his kick offs.. Feely missed a few big FGs last year, yet it's hardly talked about here... Feely also was a mediocre kick off kicker.. Folk should have him beat in both areas, actually.. and I think that by the end of 2010, we'll all be fans of Folk

Hall Of Fame
    I took a gamble and grabbed him in my fantasy league.
    You never know with these kickers... My brother played Garrett Hartley and he got him a total of -3 points.
    I trust Westhoff when he says he'll be back to Pro Bowl form.
    As soon as they fixed his lineup he's pretty much been money, except for that extra point...

Veteran

Nick Folk

Kickers are the biggest headcases.

Vanderjact went from the most accurate kicker ever to out of the league in like 4 years.

[QUOTE=jets rooter;3726916]it seems to me.that reading all the comments about Nick Folk.That many jet fans feel insecure about folk as the jets place kicker.I for one believe that Folk is on a mission to excell.remember that he had surgery on his hip.which is a debilitating operation.But if you go back to the year 2007.he was an all pro kicker for the cowboys. Lets hope that I am right.[/QUOTE]

it seems to me.that the correct use of the period and/or capitalization as well as spacing.is not part of your writing style.but it still seems like you are on a mission to excell in posting on here.But looking ahead to the year 2011 it is my belief that you.will be able to grasp the concept. Lets hope that I am right.

Lol, jk man :D

Like any kicker, it's pretty much a wait and see kind of thing, especially when they are coming to a new team. So, when it counts...we will just have to see if we can count on him.

Folk was a career 46/53 up until last years disaster...so he clearly can get the job done. I just hope last year wasn't the beginning of the end, any kicker can have an off season but if it gets in his head it can seriously cost us.

He does have a more powerful leg than Feely but probably not by much. Feely was pretty damn good for us from 40+ yards. He did lack a bit on kickoffs.

and if he screws up there are guys we can turn to...Kris Brown who had a wretched 09 but a great 08. John Carney is still out there
    Last edited by SteveIncognito; 09-12-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    i'm def not 'insecure' about having nick folk as our K...give it a rest, babe

All League
    Hopefully his issues were all injury related but who knows? Don't you think that if it was injury related the Cowboys would of let their Pro-bowl kicker ride the bench until he was fully healed?

I think he will probably turn it around and be a good kicker for us but the fact that he missed his last 6 regular season field goals is kind of worrisome...Not to mention missing an extra point this preseason.

Well, whatever the deal was with Folk in Dallas has stayed down there with the now Cowboys' kicker Buehler