Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The REASON we win this game Monday Night.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

The REASON we win this game Monday Night.

Look in the mirror.

Remember Brady's back to back delay of game penalties first home game last year? We bring the pain opening night. New stadium. New confidence. I can't imagine how Joe Flacco is going to be able to hear himself think and effectively lead the Raven offense.

Not to say he won't have a great, possibly pro bowl year. I'm just saying this particular environment is going to be perhaps the most volatile he sees all year.

The crowd noise level will be obfuscating his mind. The relentless blitz and will have him scrambling around off rhythm. The Raven receivers are solid, but lack a true #1 down field threat which leads me to believe our bolstered #1 passing defense should have it's way. Add in their less than 100% healthy offensive line.

IT'S THE NOISE LEVELS THAT PUT US OVER THE EDGE. FLACCO WILL BE ALL :huh: AND ALL :eek::eek::eek: all night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obfuscating? I gotta Google that one! I'm not sure Bart Scott knows how to obfuscate! :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are the Jets going to score points?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Wiggy;3726966]How are the Jets going to score points?[/QUOTE]

How annoying are you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

How were the 2000 Ravens ever able to score points with Trent Dilfer as their QB? They did alright.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm worried the new stadium won't be as loud. The average fan pushed to the upper deck, joe millionaire down close.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3726996]I'm worried the new stadium won't be as loud. The average fan pushed to the upper deck, joe millionaire down close.[/QUOTE]

Trust me pal, joe millionaire can be worse than the average fan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

the same way we scored when we beat the Pats asses last year:yes:. Same way they scored to the AFC game:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm concerned about the noise levels myself. And Rex did not call the fans this year:huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LeonTheCat;3726948]Look in the mirror.

Remember Brady's back to back delay of game penalties first home game last year? We bring the pain opening night. New stadium. New confidence. I can't imagine how Joe Flacco is going to be able to hear himself think and effectively lead the Raven offense.

Not to say he won't have a great, possibly pro bowl year. I'm just saying this particular environment is going to be perhaps the most volatile he sees all year.

The crowd noise level will be obfuscating his mind. The relentless blitz and will have him scrambling around off rhythm. The Raven receivers are solid, but lack a true #1 down field threat which leads me to believe our bolstered #1 passing defense should have it's way. Add in their less than 100% healthy offensive line.

IT'S THE NOISE LEVELS THAT PUT US OVER THE EDGE. FLACCO WILL BE ALL :huh: AND ALL :eek::eek::eek: all night.[/QUOTE]

+1 let's go boys, homefield advantage is HUGE in the NFL...as the generations change you'll notice nfl crowds becoming more festive, vocal..like college..hopefully this continues with the jets...don't goto the game if you wanna take it easy...scream your ass off!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am anxious to find out just how loud the new stadium can be, hopefully it will hold the noise in like Seattles stadium.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the main reason I'm watching the Giant game is to hear the noise. Rooting for the panthers is 2nd;)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how just because we have a 2nd year developing QB, everyone forgets we have the #1 rushing attack in the NFL.

Not just a good rushing attack--THE top of the top in the league.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our stadium should be rocking come Monday night, with 82,000+ Jet fans in attendnace.

Of course Jet fans will be going crazy for 4 quarters strong! It's the first game of the season, the first game of our new stadium, on Monday night football, against a really tough Ravens team. There is no doubt in my mind, that Jet fans will ROCK that stadium like a freaking playoff game.

Also, lets not forget to talk about the air raid sirens either because guess what? Their Baaaccckkkk!

The noise volume from our fans and air raid sirens could make it just about impossible for Joe Flacco to communicate with his offensive line on blitz pickups, which could become huge for our defense.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco is still developing himself. Even top QB's can easily fall into traps and misread coverages with Rex Ryan's creative attack. Even if this game were in Balitmore, Flacco's head would be spinning.

Of course the same could be said for Sanchez, but this particular game is a home game so he'll have that edge. His temples won't be crushing his medulla oblongata while he's communicating under center.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LeonTheCat;3727061]Flacco is still developing himself. Even top QB's can easily fall into traps and misread coverages with Rex Ryan's creative attack. Even if this game were in Balitmore, Flacco's head would be spinning.

Of course the same could be said for Sanchez, but this particular game is a home game so he'll have that edge. His temples won't be crushing his [B]medulla oblongata[/B] while he's communicating under center.[/QUOTE]

Doctor? Pre-Med? :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LeonTheCat;3727061]Flacco is still developing himself. Even top QB's can easily fall into traps and misread coverages with Rex Ryan's creative attack. Even if this game were in Balitmore, Flacco's head would be spinning.

Of course the same could be said for Sanchez, but this particular game is a home game so he'll have that edge. His temples won't be crushing his medulla oblongata while he's communicating under center.[/QUOTE]

People talk like Flacco is some elite QB. I think he is decent but not an All-Pro. The key is to stop Rice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;3727130]The key is to stop Rice.[/QUOTE]

+1000 :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3727145]+1000 :yes:[/QUOTE]

Nice Avatar ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3727147]Nice Avatar ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna lie, I got the idea from you. Yours is good as well, thanks for the idea! :boozin: