Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harbaruough: "That crew calls a lot of penalties"

Harbaruough: "That crew calls a lot of penalties"

[url]http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/09/watch_out_for_pass_interference_penalties.html[/url]
    [QUOTE]The Ravens should be careful in their pass coverage on Monday night because the referee is Walt Anderson.

That means it's essentially the same crew that officiated last year's Ravens game at Green Bay, where a total of 23 penalties were called for 310 yards (the second-most in NFL history). There were a combined nine pass interference penalties in the game.

"That crew calls a lot of penalties; there’s no doubt about it," coach John Harbaugh said. "That’s kind of one of their things. They call it the way they see it. They call it very tight. I think that’s going to be a big advantage for us."[/QUOTE]

Could be trouble for Revis, even though they let him get away with a couple before they call it. And even Cromartie.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3727073][url]http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/09/watch_out_for_pass_interference_penalties.html[/url]

Could be trouble for Revis, even though they let him get away with a couple before they call it. And even Cromartie.[/QUOTE]

Revis is not known for drawing penalties.

I'd say this is more a concern for Cromartie since he seemed to be kind of clingy in the preseason.

All League
    As long as Ron "worst ref in the league" Winter is far away, it's fine with me.

This sucks. The "crew" should NEVER be a story before any game.

Veteran

I expect a highly penalized game on both sides.

The jets consistently are on the wrong end of close calls. I also think revis is going to get flagged multiple times for illegal contact and possibly pass int.

I also expect at least 3 rigging the passer calls between both teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=frostlich;3727079]This sucks. The "crew" should NEVER be a story before any game.[/QUOTE]

This is from the Baltimore media, it's only a story because this crew nailed Baltimore for a boatload of penalties last year when they played Green Bay.

Should be to our advantage actually.

Fans are going to see more penalties all season.

It's a product of the umpire placement.

As far as this story goes, he's just jocking for flags before the game...

Ray Lewis should tell his coach to shut the **** up.

Veteran

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3727082]This is from the Baltimore media, it's only a story because this crew nailed Baltimore for a boatload of penalties last year when they played Green Bay.

Should be to our advantage actually.[/QUOTE]

It's true the refs are never kind to Baltimore. However they have been worse to the jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Why is that a "big advantage" for Baltimore?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3727088]Why is that a "big advantage" for Baltimore?[/QUOTE]

Because Harbaugh knows he's going to lose this game and is trying to cling to anything he can to try and give himself some confidence.

maybe the db`s on Balt should be worried more. They drew a lot of calls from this crew. Who do they have back there now without Reed?

LCB - 25 // C Carr 37 // J Wilson 36 // B McCann
    SS - 26 // D Landry 43 // H Nakamura
    FS - 28 // T Zbikowski 22 // K Hamlin
    RCB - 31 // F Washington 21 // L Webb

All Pro
    My Dad use to tell me back in the day that when you step on the mat/field you have 2 opponets to beat, 1 of which is the Ref, you have to expect calls to go against you and be prepared to beat both.:)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3727075]Revis is not known for drawing penalties.

I'd say this is more a concern for Cromartie since he seemed to be kind of clingy in the preseason.[/QUOTE]

Revis does actually have his hands on the WR quite a lot. He gets the benefit of the doubt a lot as he's usually in position as well, but I could see that becoming an issue at some point. I believe it was in the playoffs or one or the last game of the season last year when he got called for successive penalties when he had his hands on the WR. Seemed ticky tacky at the time, but he needs to watch it. He definitely tries to play physical with the guy he's lined up against.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3727075]Revis is not known for drawing penalties.

I'd say this is more a concern for Cromartie since he seemed to be kind of clingy in the preseason.[/QUOTE]

In a recent men's magazine atricle (GQ?) Revis was bragging about playing a little dirty and pulling receivers hands down at the last second. Said he did it against Vincent Jackson in playoffs.

Stupid

This is the guy I don't like. He was at the center of the non force out call in the Jets-Browns game a few years ago. He's supposedly very good, I think he likes being on TV.

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6bw5m6fZShI/SUcH9s1RX0I/AAAAAAAABKk/k5pMa2Yynnc/s400/mike+carey.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Timmy®; 09-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3727101]Revis does actually have his hands on the WR quite a lot. He gets the benefit of the doubt a lot as he's usually in position as well, but I could see that becoming an issue at some point. I believe it was in the playoffs or one or the last game of the season last year when he got called for successive penalties when he had his hands on the WR. Seemed ticky tacky at the time, but he needs to watch it. He definitely tries to play physical with the guy he's lined up against.[/QUOTE]

If the rules continue in the favor of the offense, you won't even be able to bump at the line in 5 years...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;3727101]Revis does actually have his hands on the WR quite a lot. He gets the benefit of the doubt a lot as he's usually in position as well, [B]but I could see that becoming an issue at some point.[/B] I believe it was in the playoffs or one or the last game of the season last year when he got called for successive penalties when he had his hands on the WR. Seemed ticky tacky at the time, but he needs to watch it. He definitely tries to play physical with the guy he's lined up against.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Timmy]In a recent men's magazine atricle (GQ?) [B]Revis was bragging about playing a little dirty and pulling receivers hands down [/B]at the last second. Said he did it against Vincent Jackson in playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I can think of one game last season where Revis was flagged and that was against Buffalo.

Give it a rest, this is jibberish.

I don't know why there always seems to be a handful of you that feed into this negative bullsh!t all the time. It makes me sick really.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-11-2010 at 03:14 PM.

2009 Offensive Penalties (sorted by most to lowest)

Baltimore Ravens, 115 penalties (3rd), 1,094 yards (1st)
    New York Jets, 88 penalties (21st), 677 yards (26th)

2009 Defensive Penalties (sorted by most to lowest)

Baltimore Ravens, 88 Penalties (T-21st), 741 yards (20th)
    New York Jets, 87 Penalties (24th), 680 yards (27th)

As expected, Jets were very discliplined as a team. The Ravens defense was pretty respectable. Their offense was pathetic.

As for Revis, he's allowed to play physical if he's playing the ball. It's not a penalty. Give it a rest people.

Jets Insider VIP
    A flagrant example of Harbaugh "Bradying" to get some calls on Monday Night.

As a certain Head Coach might say....

Penalties?? Why cry about F---ing Penalties two days before the game... Lets play some F---ing FOOTBALL and then GET SOME G0DDAM SNACKS

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3727124]2009 Offensive Penalties (sorted by most to lowest)

Baltimore Ravens, 115 penalties (3rd), 1,094 yards (1st)
    New York Jets, 88 penalties (21st), 677 yards (26th)

2009 Defensive Penalties (sorted by most to lowest)

Baltimore Ravens, 88 Penalties (T-21st), 741 yards (20th)
    New York Jets, 87 Penalties (24th), 680 yards (27th)

As expected, Jets were very discliplined as a team. The Ravens defense was pretty respectable. Their offense was pathetic.

As for Revis, he's allowed to play physical if he's playing the ball. It's not a penalty.[B] Give it a rest people[/B].[/QUOTE]

Amen.

All Pro
    Shut up you whiny baby. You gona have your douchey college coach brother on your sideline again?
    Last edited by brady's a catcher; 09-11-2010 at 03:33 PM.