Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jersey rules/suggestions/opinions

Rookie

Jersey rules/suggestions/opinions

Another thread got me thinking which is always dangerous... These are my guidelines for wearing my jerseys...As with anything else - if you paid for it - you can do anything you want...What are your rules?

1) Never put your own name on the jersey.
    2) Never, never tuck it in to your pants.
    3) If you wear a jersey of a past Jet - he should not be currently active for another team.

This is a semi-serious post and is not intended to offend anyone with different ideas...Again if you paid for it - you can do as you please...

Hall Of Fame
    I will still wear my Vilma jersey.
    I have a Favre jersey that I have worn last year, and Jason Taylor wrote on it. (I saw it fitting)
    I may wear that too.
    I will probably wear my Coles jersey again.
    I might change my Pennington jersey to a Holmes jersey.
    I have Bart Scott jersey but I don't wear it that much because it's kinda too big.
    I will wear any of them, Pennington would probably be the last one I'd wear.

Some douchebags tried to talk trash to me at the practice at NMS because I was wearing my Favre jersey. It's my only authentic white jersey and fits me best of any of my others, so I really don't give a f*** what the fat idiots thought.

Was that anyone here?

I said it before and I'll say it again. F*** Off.

This is kind of a silly thread. I feel weird even posting.

Veteran

Jersey rules/suggestions/opinions

[QUOTE=Buldawg;3727209]Another thread got me thinking which is always dangerous... These are my guidelines for wearing my jerseys...As with anything else - if you paid for it - you can do anything you want...What are your rules?

1) Never put your own name on the jersey.
    2) Never, never tuck it in to your pants.
    3) If you wear a jersey of a past Jet - he should not be currently active for another team.

This is a semi-serious post and is not intended to offend anyone with different ideas...Again if you paid for it - you can do as you please...[/QUOTE]

Doh my mom got me an authentic jersey with my name on it.

I only wear it when I visit her:)

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3727212]I will still wear my Vilma jersey.
    I have a Favre jersey that I have worn last year, and Jason Taylor wrote on it. (I saw it fitting)
    I may wear that too.
    I have Bart Scott jersey but I don't wear it that much because it's kinda too big.

Some douchebags tried to talk trash to me at the practice at NMS because I was wearing my Favre jersey. It's my only authentic white jersey and fits me best of any of my others, so I really don't give a f*** what the fat idiots thought.

Was that anyone here?

This is kind of a silly thread. I feel weird even posting.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that you have a Favre Jersey ...:) Again, if you own it you can wear anything you want...

I have 8 Jerseys (Richard Todd was my first)

Always contrast the sleeves/pants with the jersey color. Green jersey - white sleeves/pants ;) (and vice versa)

Don't wear a jersey of a Jet who let us down. What's the point? The money is gone whether you wear it or not. That's why I only wear 2 of the 8 ;)

Be VERY careful when eating ketchup - it DOESNT come out unless you immediately apply clear non-coked ice.

PS - Reminder jersey's provide no warmth at all. It is not a "layer" ;)

All League
    you have white and green pants?!?

Jets Insider VIP
    wear whatever you want

except for those hideous disco green 80's ugliest uniforms in NFL history

I still have one of them but have only wore it one time since 1996 when I wore my 80 on the day they honored Chrebet

Jets Insider VIP
    I also have an 87 Coles Reebolk premier which looks nearly authentic. Hopefully when they resign him on Monday, he gets 87 back which was being wasted on Mr August and it makes my jersey GOLDEN again

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3727212]I will still wear my Vilma jersey.
    I may wear that too.

Was that anyone here?

This is kind of a silly thread. I feel weird even posting.[/QUOTE]

How to you get a Jersey changed?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3727284]How to you get a Jersey changed?[/QUOTE]

I've heard about letter kits and changing the nameplate, but I'll probably just use masking tape.

[QUOTE=Buldawg;3727215]Sorry to hear that you have a Favre Jersey ...:) Again, if you own it you can wear anything you want...[/QUOTE]

When you guys teach me how to change a Jersey, there is a hope for the future for my Farve Jersey!!:)

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3727285]I've heard about letter kits and changing the nameplate, but I'll probably just use masking tape.[/QUOTE]

Oh No!!! Not the masking tape!!!:)

[QUOTE=stanner;3727231]you have white and green pants?!?[/QUOTE]

I have green gym pants with a white stripe down the middle on the leg that I bought in [B]Target[/B] maybe 7 years ago. White pants are easy to find.

So, yes :D
    Last edited by Schroy48; 09-11-2010 at 07:10 PM.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3727284]How to you get a Jersey changed?[/QUOTE]

Just change the name plate to the current last name of the person whos wearing the number now. Its pretty easy and any jersey shop could do it. I know plenty of people who have done it and looks spot on.

I agree on the point on not wearing old jerseys of players who let us down. Other then that show off that gang green pride!

All League
    My rule: Never get an authentic jersey! They are expensive and you want to protect them. Get the replica for less than 50% and you can get more of them.

All Pro
    I have one with my name on it.
    a Pennington
    a Vilma
    Santana Moss
    a Curtis Martin
    its time to get another one

[QUOTE=Tamernyc34;3727292]Just change the name plate to the current last name of the person whos wearing the number now. Its pretty easy and any jersey shop could do it. I know plenty of people who have done it and looks spot on.

I agree on the point on not wearing old jerseys of players who let us down. Other then that show off that gang green pride![/QUOTE]

How mich does something like that run? Is it cheaper just to buy a new knock off?

Practice Squad
    A grown man should never wear another man's name on his back. Get the # for a player you respect, but no name. Cut the player nameplate off the jersey.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just ordered one with my name on it with my High School number ( had some football fanatics gift cards to burn).

I have a Thomas Jones, Curtis Martin, James Farrior jersey, and a Klecko jersey (of questionable origin, I bought it off of ebay).

in the past I have had a keyshawn, Jeresy.

I got the one with my name on it because it seems lately when I buy a jersey the player doesn't stay with the team for more than another season or two, and football Fanatics were offering a a Jenkins jersey at the time. I figure I will always like the jets, my name and number, and the people around here (virginia) won't know the difference anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3727285]I've heard about letter kits and changing the nameplate, [B]but I'll probably just use masking tape[/B].[/QUOTE]

I did.

I took #4 Favre's jersey and used packing tape to cover the name. I put a 7 in front of the 4 to make a #74 Mangold jersey. Everybody has a good laugh too. Hey Mangold thought it was pretty funny, he autographed it for me. :P