Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis gonna hold out again? -Peter King int

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis gonna hold out again? -Peter King int

I just heard a Peter Kin interview at halftime of ND game. They were talking about Revis and the Jets. Hosts asked PK if Revis would hold out again in 2 years. He said he had an interview with Revis earlier and Revis told him if he keeps playing the way he does, they probably would be in the same situation. :mad: come on man, WTF is up with this guy?? I hope Peter King took this out of context.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just listened to that to, what the ****..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The people who insisted on the Revis holdout being mainly about guaranteed money were willing fools.

It was all about Revis making $16 million a year. He got that the 1st 2 yrs of his new deal and when he makes $13 million in 3 yrs he's going to holdout again, just as he said.

Revis wants $16 million a yr for the rest of his career.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    wonder why he didn't mention the STILL CONTINUING Logan Mankins holdout for his manlove Belichick and his NFL Fave Pattycakes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3727235]The people who insisted on the Revis holdout being mainly about guaranteed money were willing fools.

It was all about Revis making $16 million a year. He got that the 1st 2 yrs of his new deal and when he makes $13 million in 3 yrs he's going to holdout again, just as he said.

Revis wants $16 million a yr for the rest of his career.[/QUOTE]

In 2 years, we'll be better equipped to deal with it.

We'll know the lay of the land with the CBA.

We'll have been through two drafts...

We'll have a larger body of work from him, other CB's and what their contracts are comparable to.

I really am not worried. This year was tough because of the uncertainty of the future.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This translates the true feeling of Revis and his agents about the contract they just signed.

When I heard that he was getting a combined signing bonus plus regular contract of 16.5 million for the first two season (then it dramatically falls off for the third season), I guessed then that agents and Darelle intend to honor only the first two years of the new contract. That way they got exactly what they wanted for the two years . . . "the highest paid cornerback in football" and move on to the next sucker in 2012. I am guessing Tannenbaum knew this but decided the contract although being only honored for two years, represents "a cave in" allows the Jets to save face.

If the signing bonus allows it we need to trade him at the end of the second year before the draft in 2012.

Buzz killed me for wanting to trade Thomas Jones during training camp last year but better a year too early than a year to late.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Revis wants $16 million a yr for the rest of his career. [/QUOTE]

Hah, if only Revis would honor that contract ! You know it's eighteen million by 2012 and 22 million by 2014.

Some franchise strong enough, if faced with a Revis holdout, needs to sit his ass for a year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll worry about that in 2 years. We as Jets fans have a lot more to worry about than this at this time.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I read there was something in the new contract that Revis signed that prohibits him from holding out during the duration of this contract - ?????

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3727245]I'll worry about that in 2 years. We as Jets fans have a lot more to worry about than this at this time.[/QUOTE]
    yeah like losing to ray lewis and the ravens monday night.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]I'll worry about that in 2 years. We as Jets fans have a lot more to worry about than this at this time.[/QUOTE]

It's true Beer' but at least he could have kept these thoughts to himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've read that the contract Revis and his agents just signed is a [b]7 year[/b] deal that is VOIDABLE to 4 years, and included in the language of the contract, that he cannot hold out during the first 4 years, otherwise risk of losing out on becoming a UFA after the 4. Part of the agreement also includes a clause that the Jets cannot put franchise tag on Revis.

I've also read that Tannenbaum and co will want to revisit this in another two years and attempt to give him a longer term deal.

PK doesn't know what he's talking about.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3727258]I've read that the contract Revis and his agents just signed is a [b]7 year[/b] deal that is VOIDABLE to 4 years, and included in the language of the contract, that he cannot hold out during the first 4 years, otherwise risk of losing out on becoming a UFA after the 4. Part of the agreement also includes a clause that the Jets cannot put franchise tag on Revis.

I've also read that Tannenbaum and co will want to revisit this in another two years and attempt to give him a longer term deal.

PK doesn't know what he's talking about.[/QUOTE]

This! :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is true, Revis is being a prick for talking about another hold out, after just signing a great contract. What a prick move.

With all that said, if Revis can do what he did last year, during the next two years... Well, then, he deserves to be paid as the highest paid CB and maybe even the highest paid defensive player of all time.

What Revis did last season was amazing, it was magical to watch Revis shut down big name WR's such as Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Randy Moss (2 times), Chad Johnson (2 times), Terrell Owens (2 times), Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston, Reggie Wayne (two times) and Rodney White.

I may hate the idea of Revis already talking about a potential future hold out, but if Revis can SHUT DOWN opposing #1 WR's over the next two years, in the same types of ways that he shut them down last season, he deserves to be paid accordingly, because as of right now, he's getting paid accordingly.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he holds out within the first 4 years, the deal automatically extends to the full 7 years and he loses any ability to be a free agent. Basically, his only leverage is to not play, and I think Woody showed quite clearly that he would let him rot versus trading him.

I really wouldn't worry about him holding out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3727258]I've read that the contract Revis and his agents just signed is a [b]7 year[/b] deal that is VOIDABLE to 4 years, and included in the language of the contract, that[B] he cannot hold out during the first 4 years, otherwise risk of losing out on becoming a UFA after the 4.[/B] Part of the agreement also includes a clause that the Jets cannot put franchise tag on Revis.

PK doesn't know what he's talking about.[/QUOTE]

We all saw how much he cared about the fines and extra years when he held out this season. I am expecting a Mevis holdout again in 2 years almost without a doubt. He will always be Mevis in my book regardless of what he does on the field. He will never care about the team more than himself and that = MEVIS.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would not shock me if he holds out again. Problem is that the Jets would own him for the next five years. If he holds out there are 3 years added to the contract at very low money. Further, this would be an instance (like Ricky Williams) where the Jets could go after him to return some of the signing bonus.

In the end the Jets will be in better position and prepared for this. We will know what we have in Kyle Wilson and the CBA should be resolved. Like any negotiation this one was solved with compromises from both sides.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanri;3727274]If he holds out within the first 4 years, the deal automatically extends to the full 7 years and he loses any ability to be a free agent. Basically, his only leverage is to not play, and I think Woody showed quite clearly that he would let him rot versus trading him.

I really wouldn't worry about him holding out.[/QUOTE]

Where is this information coming from? This is not what I read. Can you link the contract details to where you pulled this info from?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3727280]Where is this information coming from? This is not what I read. Can you link the contract details to where you pulled this info from?[/QUOTE]

I'd say it easily voids to 4 only if he plays all 4 seasons...

Wouldn't that make sense?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not going to hold out. He wants to hit the free agent market.