Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asomugha- revis Island is bit of a legend

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Asomugha- revis Island is bit of a legend

Did you hear Nnamdi's interview with Skip Bayless?? He respectfully pointed out that while Revis is good, he almost ALWAYS has over the top S help and therefore, Revis Island is a bit of a legend. He contrasted Revis's role with his and said that he almost never has S help and still he doesn't get thrown at. Bayless was baffled that he couldn't come up with anything to counter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3727301]Did you hear Nnamdi's interview with Skip Bayless?? He respectfully pointed out that while Revis is good, he almost ALWAYS has over the top S help and therefore, Revis Island is a bit of a legend. He contrasted Revis's role with his and said that he almost never has S help and still he doesn't get thrown at. Bayless was baffled that he couldn't come up with anything to counter.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't get thrown at because teams line up there best receivers away from him.

If he was that good he would shadow number 1's not just play a side.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3727307]He doesn't get thrown at because teams line up there best receivers away from him.

[B]If he was that good he would shadow number 1's not just play a side.[/B][/QUOTE]

This.

And Raider90210, GTFO of the Hampur.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3727301]Did you hear Nnamdi's interview with Skip Bayless?? He respectfully pointed out that while Revis is good, he almost ALWAYS has over the top S help and therefore, Revis Island is a bit of a legend. He contrasted Revis's role with his and said that he almost never has S help and still he doesn't get thrown at. Bayless was baffled that he couldn't come up with anything to counter.[/QUOTE]

It's okay, man. I know it hurts....get it all out. You'll feel better after you do. :)

[IMG]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/photo/2009/10/25/20091025SPTSJETS/31114538.JPG[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nnamdi clearly doesn't watch the Jets if he thinks Revis "he almost ALWAYS has over the top S help". I mean, that's just pure fiction.

But hey, whatever helps Nnamdi sleep at night being only the 2nd best corner in the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3727401]Nnamdi clearly doesn't watch the Jets if he thinks Revis "he almost ALWAYS has over the top S help". I mean, that's just pure fiction.

But hey, whatever helps Nnamdi sleep at night being only the 2nd best corner in the game.[/QUOTE]

That's right. When or why would he watch the Jets game? Maybe to get tips on how to play by copying Revis. I don't like Revis's contract shenanigans, but the guy can cover, period!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis has safety help up top?

Jets RARELY play 2 deep up top. That's pretty clear when you actually watch the team and realize that they blitz too much to ever have two safeties up top. Clearly they are going to have 2 up top occasionally, just to mix it up, but that is it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aso being the best in the business is a bit of a myth too.

Just sayin'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/photo/2009/10/25/20091025SPTSJETS/31114538.JPG[/IMG]

[SIZE=7]LOL, owned![/SIZE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3727401]Nnamdi clearly doesn't watch the Jets if he thinks Revis "he almost ALWAYS has over the top S help". I mean, that's just pure fiction.

But hey, whatever helps Nnamdi sleep at night being only the 2nd best corner in the game.[/QUOTE]

Revis gets ALL that over the top help, especially when does DUAL SAFETY Blitzes are called. :rolleyes:

Nnandi........go change your name to something more managable. You are making "Nnandi" stand for 'Jackass' in English.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Asomugha making up excuses, lame..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

In related news.....A pastor in Oakland will burn dozens of Nnandi jerseys this Sunday for Nandi's blatant BLASPHEMY of REVIS CHRIST and REVIS ISLAND.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that's why Aso is the 2nd highest paid corner in the league this year.

[I]That just happened.[/I]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aso, you are an overrated f*** that was overpaid by a senile old f*** in Al Davis. Don't think you are so great that you can disparage some mad skills. You have no right to shoot down Revis when you yourself only had 30 tackles, 1 pick and 4 PDs. Not worth 15 mil a year

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis>Asomougha. No disrespect to Asomougha but Revis is a different animal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This is coming from a corner who cant even cover both sides of the field. Asomogha doesnt need any safety help ever since most of the time hes taking a team's #2 receiver. Thats why teams dont throw at him, theres no need to since all you need to do against the Raiders is have your top receiver line up on the other side from Asomugha and problem solved!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let him be jealous. If I was a corner in the league and I was considered the best in the business and some four year player shows me up like that, I would make excuses to.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3727337]It's okay, man. I know it hurts....get it all out. You'll feel better after you do. :)

[IMG]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/photo/2009/10/25/20091025SPTSJETS/31114538.JPG[/IMG][/QUOTE]

38-0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MTJets;3727585]Let him be jealous. If I was a corner in the league and I was considered the best in the business and some four year player shows me up like that, I would make excuses to.[/QUOTE]

+1
    He has been showing his true colors since last year when he started making these BS whispers on the NFL network that Revis always has help over top and that he doesn't but teams won't throw at him, blah blah blah blah!!

He is jealous but the only person singing his praises is himself. The guy is a great corner but obviously can't get over the fact that Revis is just [B]FLAT OUT BETTER!!![/B]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3727594]+1
    He has been showing his true colors since last year when he started making these BS whispers on the NFL network that Revis always has help over top and that he doesn't but teams won't throw at him, blah blah blah blah!!

He is jealous but the only person singing his praises is himself. The guy is a great corner but obviously can't get over the fact that Revis is just [B]FLAT OUT BETTER!!![/B][/QUOTE]

lolz the truth hurts. I guess Nmandi (or however you spell it) can always say he is the highest paid corner? What Revis did last year was like no other season I have ever seen and I am sure the same goes with Nmandi to. And you make a good point there lolz. People kinda have forgotten about him completely, for christ sake he is his own press. All attention is on Revis now.