Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, TOMORROW'S NEW YORK TIMES MAGAZINE COVER

Jets Insider VIP

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, TOMORROW'S NEW YORK TIMES MAGAZINE COVER

[IMG]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/09/12/magazine/12cover/12cover-sfSpan.jpg[/IMG]

Awesome....

Jets Insider VIP
    and the 10 page story BEHIND THE COVER

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/12/magazine/12ryan-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=sg3;3727364][IMG]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/09/12/magazine/12cover/12cover-sfSpan.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Very cool.

[QUOTE=sg3;3727378]and the 10 page story BEHIND THE COVER

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/12/magazine/12ryan-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine[/url][/QUOTE]

NICE!! Thanks for posting :yes:

All League
    BIG REX

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm only 5 pages in, and if it were possible, I do believe I am more enamored of Rex Ryan than I was before. Smack me upside the head if I ever lose faith and speak ill of him.

EDIT- my favorite quote (of many):

[quote]Being upbraided for swearing around football players strikes Ryan as a little prim. “I’m not a perfect person, never claimed to be,” he says. “Tony Dungy loves Michael Vick. I never tortured or killed animals. I’m an animal lover! I used a few cuss words! At the end of the day, no matter what, I’ll walk out the door and say I always was who I am.”[/quote]
    Last edited by Jetworks; 09-11-2010 at 09:56 PM.

[QUOTE]Another player, extravagantly well muscled, comes into view, a cloud passing before the sun. “I’d just as soon move on without him,” Ryan mutters. “He’s into something. Roid monster. He shouldn’t look like that.”

[/QUOTE]

Now is this a shot at Gholston?????

All League
    They [I]had[/I] to add that [I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Finally[/COLOR][/I]?

Either way very nice :yes:

that was a fantastic article. just really makes you believe we have a truly special coach in charge of this team right now

All League
    If the Jets win a SB, he would be an instant American Legend.

Did you guys hear....we signed Revis.

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3727452]Did you guys hear....we signed Revis.

:D[/QUOTE]

You mean that slapdick player? :P

Anybody willing to buy an extra copy and mail it to me? Seriously. I will pay for cost and shipping.

Great read :yes:

Seriously, that was probably one of the best Jets articles I've ever read.

WOW!!

As if we didn't already love Rex for who he is, awesome.

My favorite quote:

[quote]Players also offered Ryan more fundamental gratitude. It has become anathema for athletes to endure serious injuries and play on ó but not for football players. To them, toughness is the essence of the sport and anguish is a form of effort, something you nobly give. As Sutton, the former Army coach, will tell you, like soldiers who fight not for flag or country but for officers and comrades, football players make their sacrifices for their teammates and coaches. In Baltimore, players stayed in games with lacerated kidneys, torn-up knees and shattered hands for Ryan because he was, in turn, all about them.

iLinebacker Mike Smith incurred a career-ending injury in a game against Tennessee. ďI didnít want to come out of the game,Ē he says. ďIím running around with my arm dislocated, hanging weirdly to my side. I didnít want to let Rex down. Thatís how all the guys felt. Heís like our dad. We donít want to let our dad down. Everybody in Baltimore misses him. Guys in Baltimore who left Rex, they didnít play as well after leaving him. Rex is the guy you drink beer with on Saturday nights, heís the guy you go fishing at the lake with, heís the guy youíve always known, the forever guy. Once you play for him, you donít want to play for anybody else.Ē Now Smith is a Jets defensive assistant, working for Ryan. Scott and Leonhard are Jets players. Sutton calls them ďflag bearers.Ē[/quote]

Where are the VAGIANTS Now the Jets rule NY .

Lets win a Super Bowl and we will own NY.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3727549]Seriously, that was probably one of the best Jets articles I've ever read.

WOW!!

As if we didn't already love Rex for who he is, awesome.

My favorite quote:[/QUOTE]

[B]Players also offered Ryan more fundamental gratitude. It has become anathema for athletes to endure serious injuries and play on ó but not for football players. To them, toughness is the essence of the sport and anguish is a form of effort, something you nobly give. As Sutton, the former Army coach, will tell you, like soldiers who fight not for flag or country but for officers and comrades, football players make their sacrifices for their teammates and coaches. In Baltimore, players stayed in games with lacerated kidneys, torn-up knees and shattered hands for Ryan because he was, in turn, all about them.

iLinebacker Mike Smith incurred a career-ending injury in a game against Tennessee. ďI didnít want to come out of the game,Ē he says. ďIím running around with my arm dislocated, hanging weirdly to my side. I didnít want to let Rex down. Thatís how all the guys felt. Heís like our dad. We donít want to let our dad down. Everybody in Baltimore misses him. Guys in Baltimore who left Rex, they didnít play as well after leaving him. Rex is the guy you drink beer with on Saturday nights, heís the guy you go fishing at the lake with, heís the guy youíve always known, the forever guy. Once you play for him, you donít want to play for anybody else.Ē Now Smith is a Jets defensive assistant, working for Ryan. Scott and Leonhard are Jets players. Sutton calls them ďflag bearers.Ē[/B]

This is great stuff...got to go read it all!

When was the last time we had a coach like this?? This just seems like the year where we actually win the super-bowl and with Rex Ryan leading this team I honestly believe we will win it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MTJets;3727586]When was the last time we had a coach like this?? This just seems like the year where we actually win the super-bowl and with Rex Ryan leading this team I honestly believe we will win it.[/QUOTE]

and only 38 hours to go before we make BLACKBIRD PIE out of the Ravens in the GREENHOUSE