Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: I cant wait for a Sunday of NFL football starting tomorrow!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant wait for a Sunday of NFL football starting tomorrow!

As we all know, the Jets and Ravens face off on Monday Night football, but who's freaking pumped up about our first NFL sunday of the 2010 season?!? I know I am. I cant even sleep, I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

[CENTER]Three games that I'm looking forward to[/CENTER]

[B]Dolphins @ Bills[/B]: It's easy to pick the Dolphins over the Bills, but with this being an AFC East game, Miami playing up in Buffalo, you just never know. I'll be pulling for the Bills though, for the simple fact, all signs point to Miami as being the playoff contender. That Miami offense should be much improved this season with the addition of a top 5 WR in Brandon Marshall. Chad Henne should also be much improved as a 3rd year pro/2nd year starter. Karlos Dansby should also improve that Miami 3-4 defense in more ways than one. I know the Bills lack a solid O-Line, but it should still be fun watching the Bills rushing attack with talents such as CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch.

[B]Colts @ Texans[/B]: The Texans usually play the Colts tough, but I don't know if the Texans can pull this one off. It would be weird to see the Colts start off 0-1. With all that said, I'll be treating the Colts as if they were still a team out of the AFC East this season. I wouldn't be shocked to see another Jets-Colts AFC Championship game this year, but this time, I can only hope that Manning is going up against the Jets in our house, outside of the dome, in bad conditions. I want a super bowl. 1st place out of the AFC East just isn't enough. With the type of team we have this year, I hope to fight for the AFC top seed.

[B]Bengals @ Patriots[/B]: This is the game I've most looked forward to for a while now. We'll see what the Patriots are made of tomorrow against a strong Cincy team.

I like a lot of matchups in favor of the Bengals. I'm really not sure if the Patriots secondary will be able to contain a Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson-Terrell Owens aerial attack. Now that their best CB Leigh Bodden is out for the year, I really cant picture Devin McCourty (a rookie) and Darius Butler being able to man up on either Ochocinco or T.O. I hope to see a lot of Jordan Shipley in the slot as well, I cant think of any CB on the Patriots roster that could stop this kid. Jermaine Gresham was also drafted by the Bengals during the 1st round of this years draft, this could be another player that NE has no answer for.

If the Patriots cant stop the run, it could become a long day for BB and the Patriots defense. Now that the Patriots have lost Ty Warren for the season, I could see Cedric Benson running wild. Remember the Ravens playoff game last season? Other than Wilfork, the Patriots are suspect on the defensive line. Who is Gerard Warren and Mike Wright? Big difference from having a D-Line that featured players such as Seymour, Wilfork and Warren. I'm also not impressed with their LB's. Banta-Cain and Mayo are both solid players, but what about Gary Guyton and Marques Murrell? Who? It's been a long time since we've seen a Patriots front 7 as weak as this one.

The Patriots did pretty much nothing during the offseason in terms of improving an already below average rushing attack from last year. The Bengals were stout against the run last season, so I look for Brady and the Patriots to pass the football a good 35-45 times. Hall should do a fine job against Moss, and it'll be one hell of a battle between Welker and Joseph on the outside. I rank Hall and Joseph as the 2nd best CB duo behind Revis and Cromartie. I'm not saying that Hall and Joseph will shut these guys down, not with Brady at QB, but those are two key matchups right there. Matchups that I'm ready to see. If Welker can have his way against a talented CB such as Joseph, I believe it would be safe to say that Welker is back. I wouldn't be shocked if Julian Edelman becomes Brady's favorite target. This kid looked explosive coming out of the slot after Welker went down last season, this is a player that I could see giving that Bengals defense problems.

How much protection will Brady have? The Patriots are without two offensive line starters in Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur. I cant help but think Brady will struggle if the Pats offensive line struggles. I guess we'll find out tomorrow starting @ 1:00.

I'm pumped!
    Last edited by Bleed4TheGreen; 09-12-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos Dansby is the guy that I buy used tires from when I'm running low on cash...

Karlos Dansby is a starting MLB for the Miami Dolphins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat White is now playing baseball.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    its hard for me to watch all the games though knowing i have to still wait till monday night to watch the New York Football Jets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleednGreen;3727526]its hard for me to watch all the games though knowing i have to still wait till monday night to watch the New York Football Jets[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can understand where your coming from, but I'll make the best of tomorrow and try and enjoy the three 1:00 games.

I'll have the Patriots-Bengals game on the big screen while switching back and forth between the Colts-Texans / Dolphins-Bills games.

I'm ready to treat the Bengals-Patriots game as if it were the Jets and Patriots going at it - with the Bengals being the Jets. Nothing would be better, than heading into our Monday night game with the Patriots being 0-1. The Colts being 0-1 would be the cherry on top of a fun Sunday of football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3727529]Yeah, I can understand where your coming from, but I'll make the best of tomorrow and try and enjoy the three 1:00 games.

I'll have the Patriots-Bengals game on the big screen while switching back and forth between the Colts-Texans / Dolphins-Bills games.

I'm ready to treat the Bengals-Patriots game as if it were the Jets and Patriots going at it - with the Bengals being the Jets. Nothing would be better, than heading into our Monday night game with the Patriots being 0-1. The Colts being 0-1 would be the cherry on top of a fun Sunday of football.[/QUOTE]

Dwc..... Sweet...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    1050 ESPN just began the "worlds longest pregame show which runs from 6 AM today to the Jet postgame show midnight tomorrow

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO BENGALS

RIP BRADY'S HEAD RIGHT OFF HIS NECK

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is. Having the Jets open up on Monday night, is like celebrating Christmas on December 26th. HATE NIGHT GAMES!! Always have. Sunday or Monday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    For your next post, could you please list the entire roster for every team so were all reminded who plays where and when? :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love night games, just not when the Jets are in them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3727529][B]Yeah, I can understand where your coming from, but I'll make the best of tomorrow and try and enjoy the three 1:00 games. [/B]

I'm ready to treat the Bengals-Patriots game as if it were the Jets and Patriots going at it - with the Bengals being the Jets. Nothing would be better, than heading into our Monday night game with the Patriots being 0-1. The Colts being 0-1 would be the cherry on top of a fun Sunday of football.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I lov eme some Sunday Ticket! I'd have it even if I lived in the NY tv market.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ESPN NFL Sunday Countdown is under way!!!! It's that time of the year again baby, are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!?!?!? Yes baby yes!

Chris Carter just predicted that Randy Moss will earn the MVP award this season. Is he crazy? There is no chance in hell Moss wins an MVP this late in his career. Brady may have a great season, Moss may put up really good numbers, but his numbers will be no where near MVP types of numbers.

Boomer also feels the Bills will circle the wagon against AFC East teams during the first 4 weeks. I cant argue with that, you never know with AFC East matchups. I hope he's right today though, with the Bills taking out the Dolphins. I love Boomer and for some reason, he loves the Bills.