Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed team filed complaint against Jets (merged)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Unnamed team filed complaint against Jets (merged)

...for "Jets West" camp held by Sanchez with the receivers at Mission Viejo High School because Shotty and Rex showed up. Just reported on espn by Adam Schefter and Mort. Who wants to bet it was the Pats*?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3727785 Who wants to bet it was the Pats*?[/QUOTE]

That sounds right......

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who are the kunts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What'd they do, read in the paper that Shotty visted and sat in the stands. Then filed a complaint? So pathetic..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    they probably just saw Schotty wearing the Mission hat on Hard Knocks....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Bill.

You really got us with this one :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]An unidentified team has filed a formal complaint with NFL against the New York Jets, claiming an eight-player "Jets West Camp" organized in July by quarterback Mark Sanchez violated the league's offseason training rules because head coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer attended a couple of sessions.

The Jets learned of the complaint two weeks ago, a team source said. A league spokesman had no comment but a source said the matter is still under review. The Jets had no official comment.

[B]Ryan and Schottenheimer, who were in town for the Major League Baseball All-Star game in nearby Anaheim, did show up at Sanchez's former California high school, Mission Viejo, to observe a couple of skill-position workouts, which is a violation of guidelines for organized team activities, even though neither coach offered any instruction.[/B]

However, the NFL Players Association did not file any complaint -- which is the norm in offseason cases. Jets fullback Tony Richardson, a player representative and a member of the union's executive committee, was among those who participated in the workouts.

There was nothing secretive about the practices. In fact, the team-owned "Jets TV" documented some of the workouts, as well as ESPN and the New York Post, without restrictions.

Sanchez picked up the majority of the expenses for Richardson, Santonio Holmes, Jerricho Cotchery, Larry Taylor, David Clowney, Dustin Keller and Kevin O'Connell.

Clowney's first-person written account of his summer included prominent mention of the "Jets West" camp. He named all the players who attended and added, "and our offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer also came out."

The camp, and the appearance of Ryan and Scottenheimer, was further documented by various Twitter accounts, which including photos.

[B]If the league decided to take action, penalties could include a fine, the forfeiture of a draft pick or picks, or the loss of organized team practices next year, though the 2011 offseason may be subject to a lockout or work stoppage.

The league also may determine that there was no serious breach and simply issue a warning to the Jets.[/B][/QUOTE][url]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5564066[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the Jets know the identity of the team. I hope the Jets beat reporters ask them so we can kick the sh*t out of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will end up just being a warning, unless they can prove something.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total non-issue. Usual punishment for excessive offseason workouts (Which I don't think it was, since it wasn't an organized practice, it was a bunch of players working out on their own togeather and a couple coaches happened to attend) is either a fine, or docking future practices. No biggie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3727785][B]Unnamed team filed complaint against Jets[/B][/QUOTE]

You were kind with that thread title. I think Mort could have headlined this a few different ways on ESPN... ;)

[B][I]NFL teams grasping at straws in attempt to distract Jets[/I][/B]

[B][I]Patriots* always find something to b!tch about[/I][/B]

[B][I]Fearful of Jets on the field, unnamed team targets Jets offseason efforts and excellent team chemistry[/I][/B]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Bengals have a good shot against an unnamed team today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3727852]I think the Bengals have a good shot against an unnamed team today.[/QUOTE]

I think it's either Pats or Chargers.....or Ravens. My guess is that this was strategically timed to try to distract. The day before the first game of the year...I'm leaning towards Ravens actually.

Chargers are in SoCal so it wouldn't be surprising given their proximity to MV. Plus, we bounced them from the playoffs AGAIN last year.

Belichick is still a total scumbag.

So I'd throw a 33 1/3% probability on each of those teams. :P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3727857]I think it's either Pats or Chargers.....or Ravens. My guess is that this was strategically timed to try to distract. The day before the first game of the year...I'm leaning towards Ravens actually.
    [/QUOTE]

"The Jets learned of the complaint two weeks ago, a team source said"

This wasn't just filed today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see Belichick's slimy fingerprints all over this. It smells like him too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a Bill Belicheat move, but I smell Ray Lewis in this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    def pats or fins....jets have allot of enemies these days...when you have success in life, the haters will come out

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While the Patriots are the obvious choice,what about our old "friend" Mangenious?" I only hope it's not the Colts....when Peyton whines,the league reacts.Latest example,the league changing the position of the umpire after he complained he couldn't run his offense the right way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3727850]You were kind with that thread title. I think Mort could have headlined this a few different ways on ESPN... ;)

[B][I]NFL teams grasping at straws in attempt to distract Jets[/I][/B]

[B][I]Patriots* always find something to b!tch about[/I][/B]

[B][I]Fearful of Jets on the field, unnamed team targets Jets offseason efforts and excellent team chemistry[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

I report the facts. I'm not interested in creating drama or putting my opinion in the title of the thread. I could have pulled a Cimini:

[B]Jets totally distracted over complaint filed by whistleblower, which will ultimately lead to Armageddon, including the birth of additional kids on AlCROtraz [/B]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3727857]I think it's either Pats or Chargers.....or Ravens. My guess is that this was strategically timed to try to distract. The day before the first game of the year...I'm leaning towards Ravens actually.

Chargers are in SoCal so it wouldn't be surprising given their proximity to MV. Plus, we bounced them from the playoffs AGAIN last year.

Belichick is still a total scumbag.

So I'd throw a 33 1/3% probability on each of those teams. :P[/QUOTE]

Or, all three combined into one Superteam that will still not be enough to take down Rex and the gang. The New Diego Raveioters. They filed the complaint.
    :D