Thread: Monday night football. Blessing or curse?

Monday night football. Blessing or curse?

Just wondering if others feel the same way I do:

I detest weeks where the Jets play either Sunday or Monday night but especially Monday. It ruins the entire flow of the football Sunday and starts to intermingle the Jet game with the work week. The fact that it's week one this year makes it even worse.

Is this a common feeling or what?

I like the Jets to play at 1:00PM on Sunday.

Monday Night is the worst.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3727811]I like the Jets to play at 1:00PM on Sunday.

Monday Night is the worst.[/QUOTE]

'Zactley!

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;3727805]Just wondering if others feel the same way I do:

I detest weeks where the Jets play either Sunday or Monday night but especially Monday. It ruins the entire flow of the football Sunday and starts to intermingle the Jet game with the work week. The fact that it's week one this year makes it even worse.

Is this a common feeling or what?[/QUOTE]

I hope everybody remembers that this game is at 7pm tomorrow so you have to show up earlier than normal.

All Pro
    I don't like it either but if you wanna play with the big boys these are the times you have to play-Monday nights, Sunday nights in prime time. Mangini teams always played at 1PM on Sundays and that never seemed to help.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3727825]I hope everybody remembers that this game is at 7pm tomorrow so you have to show up earlier than normal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this makes it even worse because I have a meeting tomorrow that will last until 9:00 -- I'll have to avoid all calls/TV Radio until I catch up off the DVR.

Only part that sucks is waiting to have your team play. But I do like the national attention. It's a mixed bag.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3727811]I like the Jets to play at 1:00PM on Sunday.

Monday Night is the worst.[/QUOTE]

I'm with Vick..I despise Monday nights although for week 1 at least, the game will be over early enough to get a decent night sleep once I calm down

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;3727805]Just wondering if others feel the same way I do:

Is this a common feeling or what?[/QUOTE]

SNF and MNF games suck for anyone with schoolaged children. I hate them. Most parents who are STHs hate them. But that's the way it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3727825]I hope everybody remembers that this game is at 7pm tomorrow so you have to show up earlier than normal.[/QUOTE]

And get in the stadium before the Anthem and Stealth Bomber flyover.

It doesn't matter to me when they play, but 1pm equals suckage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;3727837]SNF and MNF games suck for anyone with schoolaged children. I hate them. Most parents who are STHs hate them. But that's the way it is.[/QUOTE]

And when we didn't get national games like Monday night there was the Wah Wah we never get any big games crying..:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    seriously..what DONT jet fans have a problem with??

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3727847]seriously..what DONT jet fans have a problem with??[/QUOTE]

x a million

Night games would be fine, if that night was Saturday. Let college have Monday. Can someone in the NFL get on this? Fixed:yes:

Blessing.

Plenty of spotlight games this year to get them ready for the main event in Dallas.

I cant complain about the Jets starting off the season, on Monday Night football, against a really strong Ravens team.

The Jets played in the Giants stadium for way too long, it's great for the Jets, as well as our stadium, to get this type of exposure on National TV.

This franchise deserves it.

blessing I guess...it gives Revis another day to prepare heh ;)

strange that the Jets aren't playing week 1 Sunday...when was the last time they opened on Monday Night Football? 1970 against the Brownies?

Practice Squad
    Its our first game in the new stadium on MNF up against new rivals! Gotta do that big. The Giants got 1pm v. the Panthers. We get to show the nation whose bad boy on the block. I love the night games.

All League
    [SIZE="7"]I HATE WHEN WE PLAY ON MNF OR SNF. THE WHOLE SUNDAY GAMEDAY RITUAL
    IS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN AND/OR ELIMINATED.

1:00 SUNDAY GAMES ARE MY FAVORITE START TIME.[/SIZE]

Veteran
    1PM works better for my schedule, but big time teams get prime time games.